Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Pessimistic/Jaded Bucs fans…I get it and I truly feel all your pain when feelings of doubt cloud your mind. Without in season results it’s hard to make a compelling argument against your cases that we will still find a way to suck. The prime factor swimming up stream against that notion IMO is that our coaching staff hasn’t been close to stellar since the season after our Super Bowl win. We’ve had talent at various points, but the man steering the ship had
      Stevie Wonder like characteristics coaching-wise. I would strongly contend that our current roster has more talent than any team in the last 20 years other than the team that won the Super Bowl.

Once Tomlin, Herm Edwards, Marinelli, Monte, Bisaccia & others departed even Gruden was in over his head. Most of the aforementioned left (around 2003/2004) Gruden was toast soon thereafter. Coincidence?

Then comes the Cluster F of our 15 year coaching carousel…

Raheem “Yungry” Morris – Shit show & over his head day one…still coaching secondary

Schiano – Toes on the line to mediocrity, finally a DC years later

Lovie – Retread ran out of Chi-town on a rail…too boring & conservative day 1…needed to stay retired

Dirk – Great guy, good offensive mind, good ole’ boy staff, not a leader of men, insecure style of control …it was always forced and he’ll likely never HC again

Seeing my point?

Now comes Bruce Arians…true leader, no shit taken or given, genius mind offensively, great talent evaluator, raises level of play with accountability, secure man who delegates well and he’s just got a fucking X factor made for football coaching…Negative: He’s old

I live in Peoria Arizona and I can tell you that this city wept when he retired and revolted when he came to Tampa…that’s what true love and jaded feelings of betrayal do to you. He was a truly beloved son, key to any city in the valley figure out here. A superstar coach!

I’m tempering my enthusiasm but I’m telling you Bruce is a different breed.

When the Bucs played here in 2 of the last 4 seasons I watched his Cardinals put their foot on our necks and never let up…he’s Bill Bilichick ruthless between the lines. He has zero fucks to give when it comes to winning!

Not only has he dawned a new day in Tampa Bay but I guarantee our next head coach/his annointed successor is on this staff.

Carefully allow your hearts to hope and dream positivity again. Bruce won’t let us down!

• Ja’crispy

Participant

In Bruce we trust!

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

I’m definitely in the “In Bruce We Trust” camp this year. I understand I’m borderline homer on this, but I’ve witnessed (with my own eyes) what he can do for a team/town/fan base living here in AZ. He’s the Truth!

• Havok904

Participant

@jameis-Wins-aton

I’m with ya buddy

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

@jameis-Wins-aton

I’m with ya buddy

Thanks Havok904 – Wasn’t crapping on you in the Cards/Murray thread…It’s just a forgone conclusion, borderline dirty secret that AZ is taking Kyler Murray.

• tog

Participant

I really liked Bruce before this hiring and would’ve loved him as a coach after watching what he did in Indy. The Bucs also might have the best staff of assistants since perhaps 2002 – a very underrated element.

But Bruce has won 1 playoff game in 6 years as a HC. He’s also been retired for a year and the record of coaches coming out of retirement is UGLY. This team also lacks talent at multiple positions and has a big ??? at QB.

We are no where close to being able to say the dark days are over. All we can do is irrationally hope.

• BucWonder

Participant

Great post. I could not agree more. Go Bucs!

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

2 award winning men coaching our squad heck yeah I’m a believer. Gone are the days with no halftime adjustments or NFL playbook. This team is going to look legit after the draft and a couple roster changes.

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

My disposition is always on the positive side. So I agree with the spirit and the points of this post. Arians at the end of the day is arguably the best “leader of men” we have had at Head Coach since Dungy. I do say “arguably” because Gruden was up there too… but I’ve heard too many stories of Gruden rubbing people the wrong way and not trying to reconcile differences… Everything I hear about Arians sounds completely different… in terms of… yes he can ride you and rub you the wrong way… but at the end of the day he makes sure that you and him are square, and that it’s only coaching and not personal.

And even though Arians himself is coming out of retirement after 1 year… his entire coaching staff are men who have not taken a year off and have been active in the NFL. Having Todd Bowles back to focusing solely on the defense is a huge plus and cannot be overstated…

I can’t knock anyone for being pessimistic about the Buccaneers at this point just from the constant mediocrity we’ve seen displayed year after year… But personally I believe this is a “new day.” I’m definitely excited! Good Post!

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

After free agency and our draft that predominately focused on turning this defense around, I’m even more convinced Tampa Bay has a killer of a head coach and a clear vision going forward.

Looking realistically at our off-season…we lost Hump, DJax & Kwon

Losing Hump hurts, but I have a feeling he was more a product of playing in our slot than anything else. He also really came on after O.J. went down, no coincidence either. He’s good, but not the 10 mill Tennessee paid him good.

Kwon was hurt too often + missed hella tackles + was terrible against play-action

Me-Sean was a cancerous dickhead…Good riddance playa!

Adding Breshad Perriman on the outside allows us to slide Chris Godwin to slot, which could potentially upgrade the WR core as a whole. Godwin is a manbeast in the slot…Djax never clicked with Jameis, so hopefully B.P. can at least flirt with matching his production as it seems Perriman’s career is on the rise.

Adding Shaq Barrett & D Bucannon definately replaces what we lost in Kwon.

So I’ll pose the million dollar question…Are we better or worse off going into 2019?

Coaching = Majorly Upgraded!

Scheme = Upgraded

QB = Push (hopefully Jameis makes the leap)

WR/TE = Decline (I’d say we are fine, there were too many mouths last year)

RB = Slight improvement (RJII hopeful development + I like the Bruce Anderson/Ellington adds for depth and maybe PR/KR too)

O-line = Push (youth growth, coaching and Watford hopefully helps)

D-line = Slight improvement (really like the Barrett & Anthony Nelson adds, plus Spence could benefit by scheme change)

LB = Highly improved (Bucannon, Barrett, Devin White, Spence

Secondary = Universe Better (3 draft adds, a V.H III healthy return and aggressive scheme could make this by far our most improved unit)

Special Teams = Improved (Pinion, Gay or Santos should improve FGs and field position, again Hump loss hurts, but we have bodies to cover kicks/returns)

I’d say we are actually ahead of where we were last year from a personnel, coaching and scheme standpoint. I’m ever the optimist, but Bruce very quickly turned around a far less talented franchise out here in AZ. I fully believe he’ll do it again for Tampa.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Although we’re 2-2…you can feel a shift in the air with this franchise. Coaching matters, and this group is transforming the DNA at the very soul of this franchise. In Bruce & Co. We Trust!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.