Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Darnell Dockett on divorce: 'I don't blame O.J.' By Kami Mattioli @kmattio RSSJune 22, 2014 1:06am EDT doc_zpsbb3cc7f7.jpgDarnell Dockett, the NFL's king of non-sequiturs and facepalm-worthy moments, has really outdone himself this time.Dockett's Twitter feed reads like a bizarre stream of consciousness on good days, and on Saturday night he used it to opine about marriage.doc1_zps3fa3c232.gifBut his tweet went far off the rails when he drew comparisons between pre-nuptial agreements and O.J. Simpson.doc2_zpsbf9ac959.gif He later removed the Tweet and posted this response: (ED NOTE: Explicit language redacted from Tweet)doc3_zpsd575f496.gifSome have pointed out that Dockett's tweet reads like an old Chris Rock skit, but the average person may not make that connection.And, even if the words were in fact lifted from a Rock joke, it doesn't make the statement any less tasteless.At what point do the Cardinals (or the league, if we're aiming high here) step in and muzzle Dockett?Is intimating that committing violence against a spouse is a better solution than splitting money just not crazy enough for them to do something?link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another lame off-season thread.  The Cardinals need a personality like Dockett, otherwise, no one pays any attention to them at all.  Also, it’s an Eddie Murphy skit from a live stand-up movie called Raw, not Chris Rock.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another lame off-season thread.  The Cardinals need a personality like Dockett, otherwise, no one pays any attention to them at all.  Also, it's an Eddie Murphy skit from a live stand-up movie called Raw, not Chris Rock.

I'm stunned you're defending an idiot that came from FSU. Dockett is a very good player, but he might be the dirtiest player in the league. And he's a dumbass to boot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s got nothing to do with the league if you ask me. If the guy wants to be an ass, that's his choice. Sports writers these days are becoming like the thought police.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another lame off-season thread.  The Cardinals need a personality like Dockett, otherwise, no one pays any attention to them at all.  Also, it's an Eddie Murphy skit from a live stand-up movie called Raw, not Chris Rock.

I'm stunned you're defending an idiot that came from FSU. Dockett is a very good player, but he might be the dirtiest player in the league. And he's a dumbass to boot.

He's not the classiest guy but it's not like he's a millionaire serial killing TE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's got nothing to do with the league if you ask me. If the guy wants to be an ass, that's his choice. Sports writers these days are becoming like the thought police.

So true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol.  the media just loves to blow stuff up.  I’m not much into social media but can’t they choose who can view their site?  if i was an athlete i wouldn’t want any media friending me or following me for exactly this reason.  anything you say can get twisted and taken out of context.  has no one here ever thought or said something that would make them look really bad it was on the internet?  btw, that is exactly why agents shouldn’t allow their guys to use social media because an off the cuff comment makes Dockett look like he is down with OJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dockett is a beast. But he has the mentality of one as well. So he is as advertised. Are you not entertained?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with him.  Sounds like a good guy to me.  And intelligent despite his FSU education.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8TqhBIEbWA

I like the part where he's talking about what each of them is "accustomed to" in the relationship.  That should be the law.  If the guy pays the chick alimony, he should still be able to have sex with her any time he wants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little bit of dark humor and the social justice warriors come out bearing their keyboards. Lawd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Rix shared a locker room with this guy in college and he swears that Dockett is gay and in denial about it . It would explain some of this animosity towards women and marriage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A grown adult chooses to tweet a suggestion that he would rather kill his ex than pay her “half” . . .  . and its the media’s fault?  smhhe's an adult (presumably)he CHOSE to tweet

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a whole, the NFL would do better if twitter was never invented.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to CHOOSE to follow someones twitter correct? Therefore if you don’t like what the person is saying I’m thinking the solution is pretty obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to CHOOSE to follow someones twitter correct? Therefore if you don't like what the person is saying I'm thinking the solution is pretty obvious.

Blaming the followers? What does their choice to follow have to do with Dockett's choice to publish that comment? He is free to publish every thought he has just a people are free to respond. But the point is that he chose the forum, right? Whispering something offensive to a friend is very different than using a megaphone in a crowded stadium.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In most cases we should just ignore what others are saying if it’s not congruent with our personal beliefs.  We’ve grown both too aware and too sensitive, and our country is worse because of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In most cases we should just ignore what others are saying if it's not congruent with our personal beliefs.  We've grown both too aware and too sensitive, and our country is worse because of it.

So you don't care if gay people get married and adopt?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In most cases we should just ignore what others are saying if it's not congruent with our personal beliefs.  We've grown both too aware and too sensitive, and our country is worse because of it.

Whether I care or not is irrelevant.  I am for adoption and i have no problem with gays so I probably wouldn't have a problem with a gay couple adopting a child.  Take care of yourself and yours, if you want to change something, act locally (national politics is borderline meaningless), and do what you can to not be a burden on others (this includes not being a fat out of shape bastard with more of an appetite for frosting than exercise) - simple rules for a simpler life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think most are hurt by his tweet (i.e, too sensitive).  I think most are amused by the stupidity and the notion by some that somehow he is a victim

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whether I care or not is irrelevant.  I am for adoption and i have no problem with gays so I probably wouldn't have a problem with a gay couple adopting a child.  Take care of yourself and yours, if you want to change something, act locally (national politics is borderline meaningless), and do what you can to not be a burden on others (this includes not being a fat out of shape bastard with more of an appetite for frosting than exercise) - simple rules for a simpler life.

I must say GREAT POST on so many levels.  I don't have a problem with anyone until they try to force their beliefs on me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A grown adult chooses to tweet a suggestion that he would rather kill his ex than pay her "half" . . .  . and its the media's fault?  smhhe's an adult (presumably)he CHOSE to tweet

And people CHOSE to be offended by a joke that wasn't directed at them. Sure am glad I'm not famous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A grown adult chooses to tweet a suggestion that he would rather kill his ex than pay her "half" . . .  . and its the media's fault?  smhhe's an adult (presumably)he CHOSE to tweet

And people CHOSE to be offended by a joke that wasn't directed at them. Sure am glad I'm not famous.

a joke published by a public figure over Twitter was an inside joke? between him and his 168,000 followers? quite a number of which are reporters?by any chance are you Darnell?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

by the way Darnell . . . why did you delete the tweet?lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a joke published by a public figure over Twitter was an inside joke? between him and his 168,000 followers? quite a number of which are reporters?by any chance are you Darnell?

I'm not sure where you're from, but here an inside joke is a joke you only get if you "were there" or are part of a certain friend group.My point though? Never claimed it to be so.Getting offended over a joke is asinine. Just unfollow him if there's sand in your vag.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure where you're from, but here an inside joke is a joke you only get if you "were there" or are part of a certain friend group.My point though? Never claimed it to be so.Getting offended over a joke is asinine. Just unfollow him if there's sand in your vag.

lol, okay kidthe joke was DIRECTED at the public, something Darnell knew from past experience. lol.  He deserves all the blowback he gets

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol, okay kidthe joke was DIRECTED at the public, something Darnell knew from past experience. lol.  He deserves all the blowback he gets

A joke by it's very definition isn't serious. If you want to waste your time and energy being offended by a joke, which you're free to do, then do so. Just don't get upset when I find you to be a whiney baby.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A joke by it's very definition isn't serious. If you want to waste your time and energy being offended by a joke, which you're free to do, then do so. Just don't get upset when I find you to be a whiney baby.

joke was your characterization and who cares what you think? Anyway, youre arguing your own point

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

joke was your characterization and who cares what you think? Anyway, youre arguing your own point

If you think he was serious and not making a joke, then I've got some bad news for you lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think he was serious and not making a joke, then I've got some bad news for you lol

you dont need anyone else to have this conversation

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you dont need anyone else to have this conversation

Is that how you got your post count so high?

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.