Viewing 69 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 46sWRs Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson (hamstrings each) both watched from the sidelines today during Bucs OTAsThe Bucs RG du jour: Oneil Cousins with first team, Jamon Meredith with the secondGreg Auman ?@gregauman 1mNo Carl Nicks at Bucs OTA today, and here's coach Lovie Smith's terse answer: "No update. He's not here. He's not here for voluntary work."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman 17sAsked about receiver depth beyond Evans and Jackson, Lovie Smith said he's been consistently impressed by Chris Owusu this spring ...Bucs' Lovie Smith said he has six corners he likes. No doubt Verner, Banks, Jenkins, and he mentioned Deveron Carr and Rashaan Melvin ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man this team needs to seriously consider life without Nicks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman 21sNew Bucs QB Alex Tanney said he's already gotten grief from McCown about his trick-shot celebrity. Lovie called him a "Youtube sensation."Lovie Smith said he has no interest at all in practicing with other NFL teams, as Bucs did with Patriots under Greg Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ira Kaufman ?@IKaufmanTBO  2mOTA's may be voluntary, but the absence of Carl Nicks from the Buc facility Tuesday isn't exactly a positive sign he'll be ready for camp

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I rather see Meredith as the starter at RG than Cousins.  So who is in at LG since Nicks isn’t there?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 11mWhile Oneil Cousins was working at RG during Bucs OTAs today, Patrick Omameh was the 1st-team LG. Kadeem Edwards was 2nd team LG

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaaannd there goes the sliver of hope I had for Nicks. Hope June 1 cuts can net us at least one decent veteran guard, otherwise we may be in trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat and lazy.  Which is why he fell to the 5th or 6th round in the draft.  Sure he played hard with New Orleans but once he got paid…he is the Albert Haynesworth of OGs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaaannd there goes the sliver of hope I had for Nicks. Hope June 1 cuts can net us at least one decent veteran guard, otherwise we may be in trouble.

You were expecting Nicks to attend the OTAs? Its training camp that we were all expecting to get either renewed hope or to move on from the idea. We knew he wouldnt make OTAs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks is done. I thought it was foolish not to address the Guard position earlier in the draft. This will come back to haunt us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.Fingers crossed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks is done. I thought it was foolish not to address the Guard position earlier in the draft. This will come back to haunt us.

I doubt it will come back to haunt us. Whats the difference in getting a rookie gaurd in the third round this year or addressing Oline next year in FA, draft or both. They fixed a lot on this team and chose to fiix guard next year. If fans were expecting to go from a 3-13 roster to the 49ers then they are expecting too much. Oline may be a weakness that gets addressed next year. oh well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let the suicides commence!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt it will come back to haunt us. Whats the difference in getting a rookie gaurd in the third round this year or addressing Oline next year in FA, draft or both. They fixed a lot on this team and chose to fiix guard next year. If fans were expecting to go from a 3-13 roster to the 49ers then they are expecting too much. Oline may be a weakness that gets addressed next year. oh well.

This sounds like Dom mentality. A glaring weakness or hole? Lets just avoid it and hope nobody notices.Guard was an obvious issue going into the draft, it still is. Deny it all you want.And to me, every year matters. No waiting for next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is this Nicks guy people speak about? Is that some kind of ghost or skeleton Dominik left behind? ;p

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 11mWhile Oneil Cousins was working at RG during Bucs OTAs today, Patrick Omameh was the 1st-team LG. Kadeem Edwards was 2nd team LG

Yikes.  Scary situation

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Psychologists say men think about Nicks every 7 seconds… OK, maybe not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a big part of the success of this offensive line and team rests on the hope that Nicks will be able to play this season. Not sure what is wrong with the concern.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

SnookPowered: "Who is this Nicks guy people speak about?"He's that dude with the mangled toe that we decided to sign anyway and make him the highest paid guard in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a big part of the success of this offensive line and team rests on the hope that Nicks will be able to play this season. Not sure what is wrong with the concern.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you want to see our QB get killed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Coach-Smith-Speaks-to-the-Media/e0d15b1d-3cc7-4ea6-9187-b90c5f852be2

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You were expecting Nicks to attend the OTAs? Its training camp that we were all expecting to get either renewed hope or to move on from the idea. We knew he wouldnt make OTAs

It's not his absence per se that bothers me, but Lovie's attitude/response to the question because it implies his absence is not part of the team plan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TAMPA – A few quick Bucs hits from today’s organized training activity:* Our Rick Stroud reported over the weekend that the Bucs are in talks with DT Gerald McCoy about signing the Pro Bowler to a long-term deal. McCoy downplayed any talk about a new contract.“I don’t know nothing about that,” McCoy said. “I just come to work and practice, man.”* Although many injured players were present for the workouts, G Carl Nicks (toe) was noticeably absent. And head coach Lovie Smith was noticeably terse when asked about it.“No update,” Smith said. “He’s not here. He’s not here for voluntary work.”That was it.* First-round WR Mike Evans (hamstring) didn’t participate after injuring himself in last week’s OTA. WR Vincent Jackson ran on the sidelines but did not participate in drills.“We’ll take our time with them,” Smith said.S Mark Barron was very limited in practice, and S Dashon Goldson did not participate.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/gerald-mccoy-mum-on-contract-talks-lovie-smith-brief-on-carl-nicks/2181607

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cowboys Sean Lee was just helped off the field after being blocked to the ground by rookie OL Zack Martin. . . . .not goodLee was heard shouting obscenities as he left the fieldI know accidents happen and Lee has been injury prone but I hope Lovie keeps a real careful eye on overzealous players 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a big part of the success of this offensive line and team rests on the hope that Nicks will be able to play this season.

not sure if the team feels that way, but you could be right about the team and that is the view of many fans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cowboys Sean Lee was just helped off the field after being blocked to the ground by rookie OL Zack Martin. . . . .not goodLee was heard shouting obscenities as he left the fieldI know accidents happen and Lee has been injury prone but I hope Lovie keeps a real careful eye on overzealous players

Oh look Sean Lee is hurt again. Good job rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could have been partially addressed this year in either the 2nd or 3rd round when there were some good guards available. For some unearthly reason we chose not to..McCown can't throw to those big WR, TE and a RB with good hands when he is sitting on his ass!Right now as of this date 5/27/14 we have no starting guards worth anything.Evans was a given, the other two were options. I'm not saying the two picks were bad picks as far a talent is concerned, but they were both very bad picks for what we desperately needed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

jerry-jones.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude is just snakebit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t they just pay him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This sounds like Dom mentality. A glaring weakness or hole? Lets just avoid it and hope nobody notices.Guard was an obvious issue going into the draft, it still is. Deny it all you want.And to me, every year matters. No waiting for next year.

When did I deny that guard is a weakness? I dont think I came close to doing that. Its not a Dom move in the slightest, in fact if Dom was still the GM I would bet that multiple guards would have been taken very early. When we were in desperate need of DTs and WRs he drafted DT with the first two picks back to back and followed that up with two WRs. When we needed DEs desperatley the first two picks were DEs. Dom has consistently drafted for need. Oline was always neglected simply because on paper they were always a solid unit each year.Denying the need for OG is not what I said. More clearly what I meant is that the draft was very successful, and FA was very successful. Unfortunately guard will have to wait till next year and I disagree that it was foolish to wait tilll next year if you take all that was done this year into consideration. They fixed the team up as much as Ive ever seen within one year. All this talk about RBsrunning wheel routes and smoking LBs on routes makes me perfectly fine with Sims if that what he'll be doing, and focusing more on the Oline next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s Davin Joseph doing these days?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought Nicks said he would be ready for TC not OTAs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's Davin Joseph doing these days?

being ignored by 32 NFL teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't they just pay him?

Yep  7 yr $42 mil   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. People jumping off the Skyway over a guy not being at OTAs. I’ll be worried in TC and preseason…….you know…..when we actually get a chance to see what we have at the guard position and make somewhat of an accurate assessment. Oh wait......that's the Sunshine and Rainbows thinking I'm so guilty of. Yes; it is much more logical to just freak out and declare the season a total and complete disaster.....in May......because we have questions at the OG position. Sigh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s our practice report from today.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9831

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Did anyone really do any of that, or is the drama queen prone to wild exaggeration actually you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drama queens on both sides need to chilax. Having issues at OG isnt the end of the world by any stretch.Yes after today its looking even less likelier that we will be able to count on Nicks. Understandably most ppl werent holding their breath about this, but it was still in fact too early to tell. Now tho, with Lovie giving terse answers as to his whereabouts today, I think Im ready to join those who have moved on from Nicks. He needed everything to go perfect for him this offseason, perfect as in rehabs ahead of schedule, other comments from coaches praising him, etc. the kinda stuff that tells u behind the scenes hes doing everything right. Sux cause we needed him, but forget it. High time to cut our losses and look for replacements in FA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Images from buccaneers.com[img width=600 height=352]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0005--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=600 height=376]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0010--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=574 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0016--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=568 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0020–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=600 height=395]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0026--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=600 height=370]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0031--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]Coach, what are we gonna do with these dummies?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=536 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0037–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=592 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0045--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=303 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0046--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t understand why everyone’s so concerned with our Guard situation, JC has assured us that DT isn’t an important position so we shouldn’t worry too much about the Guards!!!Great pictures though!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=525 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0049–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=560 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0066--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=564 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0072--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=555 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0027–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=377 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0086--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=600 height=394]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0117--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=559 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0118–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=479 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0124--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=574 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0150--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=576 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0155–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img][img width=393 height=400]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0174--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown wearing some sort of leggings, not a good sign, at all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol wut… McCoy had leggings. i saw a WR with leggings there was like 10 dudes with leggings

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol wut... McCoy had leggings. i saw a WR with leggings there was like 10 dudes with leggings

Lol haters gon hate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hear he stole them from Glennon…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s good to see Evans glued to VJax’s hip. Hope he stays that way!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys….theres no hope. Nicks is AWOL…McCown wears leggings…SMH…it’s a wrap…get onboard the 0-16 train baby!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys....theres no hope. Nicks is AWOL...McCown wears leggings...SMH...it's a wrap...get onboard the 0-16 train baby!!

Already on it, in fact I hope we don't win another game for five years.That way after all those #1 overall picks we'll be unstoppable!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys....theres no hope. Nicks is AWOL...McCown wears leggings...SMH...it's a wrap...get onboard the 0-16 train baby!!

Already on it, in fact I hope we don't win another game for five years.That way after all those #1 overall picks we'll be unstoppable!

Agreed. We should have done the Tank for Teddy thing last year. Imagine if we could have gotten him in the draft!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude is just snakebit

Looks like it's his ACL:

As soon as Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee went down in what was supposed to be a non-contact practice today, the vibes coming out of Dallas suggested that he had suffered a bad knee injury. It’s looking like a season-ending injury.Although Lee has not yet had an MRI and the team has not announced anything official, multiple reports indicate that a torn ACL is the most likely diagnosis. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Cowboys fear that Lee tore his left ACL, while John Middlekauff of 95.7 The Game separately reports that Lee will likely be out for the entire 2014 season.Cowboys rookie offensive lineman Zack Martin blocked Lee to the ground at Organized Team Activities. Although it’s not the Cowboys’ biggest concern at the moment, an injury during a non-contact practice may result in an investigation into the team’s practice habits.The 27-year-old Lee has a long history of struggling with injuries, including tearing his right ACL in college. He has missed 15 games in the last two seasons and has never played 16 games in a season. It’s now looking like he may play zero games this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/27/cowboys-fear-torn-acl-for-sean-lee/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job rook

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have the Bucs put in a waiver claim for Zack Martin yet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown looking incredibly sharp AGAIN. Herron coming on strong. Cummings making an impression.All good!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=600 height=370]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0031–nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]Pretty sure that's Steve White (left) with Cullen (right).  Awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we drafted a guard in the 1st -3rd round guys wouldn’t be crying so loudly about our weakness at the position ….in reality, all rookies have a learning curve.  Could we at least see a few practices in pads before you guys jump off the ledge.  I believe that they drafted guys with more upside and a lot less polish.  So, instead of another draft bust the team will more likely have a quality player in a couple of years.  The team will likely continue to strengthen the bottom of the roster (the turnover will continue) and will most likely pickup another more seasoned guard this summer, if the players they have don’t develop as expected. RelaxI for one...love what  the Bucs are doing!   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I especially liked the total offense draft. All is not fixed butthe Bucs got huge potential talent in the first three rounds and weapons for McCown. The defense is stable and in a year or two could be great, with depth the only major question. I think the defense will be good, not great, the special teams solid, not great and the offense, with luck on the Oline, will be average to good barring injuries. Injuries and lack of depth will be the killer for the season. If it’s not too bad, then 8-8  is plausible, with next year, HUMP YEAR! PLAYOFFS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an improvement over last year when we had bad guards NO TE, NO EDGE RUSHER, NO SLOT WR. We are sitting pretty this year compared to last and unlike the previous coaching staff I think this one can get the most out of our OG's..Its a little early to panic ... and Nicks wasnt there for the OTA's last week either. Delayed reaction?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are so much alike they even hurt their hamstrings at the same time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have the Bucs put in a waiver claim for Zack Martin yet?

LOL; Folks here would surely poo-poo it if we did…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

976621.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=600 height=370]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0031--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]Pretty sure that's Steve White (left) with Cullen (right).  Awesome.

Indeed it is.. He is doing an intern gig. Sucks that he  likely wont be doing  any commentary on the team because of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=600 height=370]http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2014/05-May/temp140527_MC_OTA_WEB_0031--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/img]Pretty sure that's Steve White (left) with Cullen (right).  Awesome.

Indeed it is.. He is doing an intern gig. Sucks that he  likely wont be doing  any commentary on the team because of it.

Yeah I was happy for the guy. One of, if not the best follows on Twitter. His breakdown articles on players, teams, and plays are awesome.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

It was said Steve White could be heard shouting ” No stunts !!! No Stunts !! ” all practice.

Please wait…

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.