Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

Honestly answer this question.. . Do you feel confident in our secondary to play man to man this year while having success doing it? We are a really good zone coverage defense, but some quarterbacks lick their chops when they see zone. It looked great against the Cheifs. When we played some others it got destroyed.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Yeah, we played a lot of man down the stretch and it worked pretty well aside from Tyreke Hill.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yes.

I think the more important question is the depth. When you have Cockrell, Miller and Edwards coming off the bench that means good things.

I do not see regression for the two boundary CBS in Dean and Davis. But for me SMB is a very streaky player and needs to show improvement.

Build the trenches!

• JC5100

Participant

This season is so important because this is the last year they’re all on their rookie deals. Davis, SMB, Dean, Winfield, Whitehead and Edwards combined cap hit is $11.1M. That’s insane positional value.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

We have arguably the best front 7 in the league. Top 3 anyway.

As long as we generate pressure our D will ball out.

Winfield becomes an all pro this year imho.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Feeling very confident in the development of our secondary everyone showed up when called on. Guys like Dean and SMB displayed good talent for young players although I would like to keep an eye on Dean injury history. Finally have a complete defense I’m very excited for the upcoming season.

• seekpar

Participant

Given how the secondary played late in the season and during the playoff run, and they get a more normal preseason prep this season, I feel we can expect excellence from them. But as DEBUCS points out, you still need pressure on the QB, goes hand in hand with successful secondary play.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Alldaway

Are you confident about Miller at CB?

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I think so because he shows a lot of promise.

Build the trenches!

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I want another top end safety. The biggest difference between 2019 and 2020 in our secondary is AWJ. We do need better talent after AWJ just in case.

• m_j

Participant

nope, zero!
      I truly hope I‘m wrong

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs vs KC in the Super Bowl

The Buccaneers’ defense aligned in a two-high safety shell on 87% of plays (59 of 68 plays), the HIGHEST rate by a Todd Bowles-led defense in a game over the last five seasons.

• buc-in-out

Participant

The Buccaneers’ defense aligned in a two-high safety shell on 87% of plays (59 of 68 plays), the HIGHEST rate by a Todd Bowles-led defense in a game over the last five seasons.

What’s interesting about that is the Bills did the exact same thing in the AFCCG, and Mahomes and the Chiefs played small ball dinking and dunking down the field to a boring win.

Why did they not try this against us? Especially with so many injuries on the OLine? Stubbornness from Reid? From Mahomes? Did Lavonte and Devin take away the middle of the field?

The Chiefs got out coached HARD in the SB. It’s almost like they didn’t game plan at all.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Chiefs assumed the young guys on the Bucs backend could play disciplined ball with C2. So, they were looking for the home run killshot on every play to turn momentum. But they ran out of time and their defense couldn’t slow down the Bucs offense.

Bills put up 12 points in the first half vs the Chiefs 21.

At that point the Chiefs could play dink and dunk to a win as they had a lead and the Bills were not aggressive enough on offense. Bills failed to score a TD in Q2 and Q3.

Build the trenches!

• Pennywise

Participant

cover 7

• JC5100

Participant

What’s interesting about that is the Bills did the exact same thing in the AFCCG, and Mahomes and the Chiefs played small ball dinking and dunking down the field to a boring win.

Why did they not try this against us? Especially with so many injuries on the OLine? Stubbornness from Reid? From Mahomes? Did Lavonte and Devin take away the middle of the field?

The Chiefs got out coached HARD in the SB. It’s almost like they didn’t game plan at all.

It’s a misconception that the middle of the field was taken away. Kelce had 10 catches for 133 yards.

• Pennywise

Participant

After the first three quarters, Kelce had totaled only six catches and 55 yards before topping three figures with a nice fourth quarter with the game comfortably out of hand.

• Pennywise

Participant

Per pff
      SMB gave up 3rd most yards last year , just short of 1,000
      Hopefully he starts off strong this year

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.