Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Out Coached

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

http://jeffschultz.blog.myajc.com/2016/09/12/overreaction-monday-red-zone-tackling-and-can-anybody-run-block/

I saw this on a AJC blog: “…The Falcons were outcoached on both sides of the ball.”
    I don’t know what the future will hold for this team. But, When was the last time this was said about this teams coaching staff? I always respected Mike Smith, even when he coached the Falcons. I also thought it was a mistake when they fired him. Coach Koetter is a coach I can buy into. Apparently, the players have also since they gave him the game ball. Go Bucs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

It was just good to not be on the “getting out coached” end of it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Good coaching most of the game. I thought the amount of running on the last drive could have been questionable. 2 minutes was a lot of time left for the Falcons to come back and score on us, luckily Matt Ryan was inaccurate on that last stretch and McCoy finished strong.

Biggest take away was the Bucs didnt look like a clueless circus with penalties and blown assignments every drive. They looked like a real up and coming NFL football time for once.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Great coaching on both sides of the ball. I saw great communication within the defense other than the blown assignment from Alexander. They keyed in on Julio Jones and forced other threats to beat them. Not too bad of a GP if you ask me.

When I see good team defense its just a sign of good coaching. They knew where to be at the right times. McDougald had a heck of a game in the box and made a play on the ball that was crucial. Thought the play-calling got too conservative down the last possession. However, I’ll say the QB option or whatever that was looked like it could’ve broke.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RHBucsFan
    Participant

I know this for sure. Turning point of that game was when we got the ball back with less than 2:00 to go in the first half and we go down the field in our two minute offense and Simms punches it in, putting us up 17-13 at the half….if that was Lovie coaching, we would have taken a knee and run out the clock.

Another thing, we came out of the lockerrooom in the third quarter and killed it. That is called making half time adjustments. I almost forgot what that looked like because we haven’t seen them in so long.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Red
    Participant

It was the first time since Schiano’s opening against the Panthers that we looked prepared and organized Week 1. There was a game plan and discernable action to complete it.

Hella refreshing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pewter Pirate
    Participant

I really liked the 4 minute drill calls.  Koetter forced them to use all 3 time outs and burn the 2 minute warning.  There were some really creative plays called that he held in his back pocket until needed.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    NotDeadYet
    Participant

As good as most all NFL players are, having a good coach who can adjust on the fly and get his players to DO what he says on the spot is indispensable. Just look at yesterday’s margins of victory across the NFL:

4 one-point games,

2 two-point games,

2 four-point games,

2 six-point games, and

1 seven-point game.

That’s 11 out 14 games decided by 1 score or less… The NFL is incredibly competitive!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.