Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Tennessee Titans vs Tampa Bay Bucs: 5 Matchups to watch by P. L. Colter 2h ago titans_zpstlijacdk.pngThe Tennessee Titans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are both looking to turn the page on disastrous 2014 seasons, and both should feel like they have the perfect opponent to start 2015 on a good note.These five matchups will go a long way in determining Sunday’s winner.1. Jameis Winston vs Dick LeBeauOn paper, you would certainly have to give Tennessee the advantage in this matchup. A rookie qb versus a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. One thing that Winston struggled with last year at Florida State, was turning the ball over when facing pressure. LeBeau, meanwhile, is the “godfather” of pressure. Stopping the run will be paramount for the Titans. If Winston is forced into second and long…third and long situations…then LeBeau can control the tempo of the game. But if Winston is able to throw when he wants, then the unknown factor tips in his favor.2. Marcus Mariota vs Lovie SmithWinston won’t be the only rookie qb facing a brilliant defensive mind. Buccaneers’ head coach Lovie Smith is certainly no slouch on that side of the ball either. He will also have some special things brewing for Mr. Mariota should the Titans find themselves behind the chains a lot…so running the ball is equally important for Tennessee. Ohio St was extremely physical with Mariota and his Oregon Ducks in last year’s Championship game. Expect Tampa Bay to remind Mariota that it only gets tougher in the pros. Advantage Bucs.3. Titans Tight ends vs Bucs LinebackersThis is a classic case of strength vs strength. Tennessee’s base offense features a two tight end set, and they have two good ones in Delanie Walker and Anthony Fasano. Both have great hands, and are willing blockers. They’ll need to be, as Tampa Bay’s strength on defense is their linebackers…led by All Pro Lavonte David. Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt will look for ways to isolate his tight ends on early downs, and the Bucs have the horses for that challenge. No advantage either way.4. Titans secondary vs Bucs ReceiversTampa Bay must be licking their chops at this matchup. The Bucs had two 1,000 yard receivers last year in Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson. Both are big, strong, and athletic. Oh, and they now have a gun-slinging rookie qb that can and will wing it all over the field. Meanwhile, Tennessee’s first string secondary was torched every time they faced an A-List receiver this preseason. Jason McCourty is out, and Blidi Wreh-Wilson hasn’t played much recently. Advantage Bucs.5. Titans Defensive line vs Bucs Offensive lineIf the Titans are to win this game, then they must win this matchup. All of the above mentioned matchups are an offspring. Tampa Bay’s offensive line is struggling, Winston has been getting hit a lot this preseason. The Titans’ defensive front cannot allow the Bucs’ offense to run the ball. Tennessee is deeper and more talented on the d’line than the Bucs are up front on offense. And while the Titans’ o’line has struggled, they have the added allure of Mariota running the ball as an early crutch. Advantage Titans.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will know it on Sunday who has an advantage.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Lets hope the 12th man can be our secret weapon. The weapon that gives us the decided advantage. The weapon Lebeau and Mariota didn’t game plan for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, like I said in another thread, he who runs, most likely wins. Most will agree we have the better RB, but the weaker O’line. It will be a physical, smash-mouth game, with the sporadic “big play”, IMO. A war in the trenches; I LIKE it…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets hope the 12th man can be our secret weapon. The weapon that gives us the decided advantage. The weapon Lebeau and Mariota didn't game plan for.

I’ve read they’ve been doin’ the “pumped in noise” thing since their OTA’s. Probably everybody does these days.Still, home field is always an advantage...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not just running. It’s running slam plays efficiently. Can’t run outside with Martin. Not against this defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With no short yardage runner, I believe the Bucs are at a huge disadvantage against Tennessee.  I still am at a loss at why this most obvious problem has not been addressed.When it is virtually impossible for the BUCS to gain a yard on 3rd or 4th and one "We have problems HOUSTON! "

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have a short yardage runner. They just need to use him more. Mike James.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

With no short yardage runner, I believe the Bucs are at a huge disadvantage against Tennessee.  I still am at a loss at why this most obvious problem has not been addressed.When it is virtually impossible for the BUCS to gain a yard on 3rd or 4th and one "We have problems HOUSTON! "[/quoteNot true--both Mike James and our fullback are quite capable of handling that job. 3rd or 4th and one is more about our interior linemen keeping the man in front of them from penetrating.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With no short yardage runner, I believe the Bucs are at a huge disadvantage against Tennessee.  I still am at a loss at why this most obvious problem has not been addressed.When it is virtually impossible for the BUCS to gain a yard on 3rd or 4th and one "We have problems HOUSTON! "

This is the least of our worries. Besides, we already have the personnel to do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly a pretty unbiased analysis from a Titans blogger. Can’t wait until Jameis fucks his day up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like James but he is just another clone of everyone but Martin. When he makes successful short yardage 3rd or 4th down up the gut Sunday, I will be ecstatically happy to be so wrong!Sadly, since I am currently in Maine it looks grim on being able to see the game. Hopefully, I can hear the radio broadcast over the internet.  Last weekend 620/ 95.3 FM I couldn't get the online broadcast of the game!  >:( Finally found a broadcast ( sporadic) from Brooksville.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed...and lets not forget Lane is our FB, maybe they should use him a bit more.Perhaps would could and sign James Wilder Jr...we all know the Noles produce the best players  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed...and lets not forget Lane is our FB, maybe they should use him a bit more.Perhaps would could and sign James Wilder Jr...we all know the Noles produce the best players  ::)

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe I ever saw Wilder stopped short on a 4th and one his entire career at FSU.No he will never be a franchise RB but he showed in the Cincy game how to score from inside the 5 yard line and did it again on the 2 point conversion.Great inside runners still get that yard or so even if the blocking isn't good!Between James(229?), Sims(214) and Rainey (205) I just don't see that power running inside.From what I have read Wilder is packing over 240 now and it is muscle weight.13-for 53 and a TD against the Giants2 for 14 against Bucs  TD and 2pt conversion3 for 3 against Bears  (not good) ( didn't lose yardage!)  ;)6 for 37 against the ColtsJames7-10 against Vikings 1 TD9-39 against Bengals4-14 Cleveland11-49 MiamiBottom line I believe Wilder is a better inside runner than James. jmoOh and if not Wilder than if available any inside runner that can consistently make 1-3 yards with mediocre blocking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

HAHAHA...Runole is on iggy...but I see he responded  ::) Let me guess, he is singing the praises of Wilder the former Nole? Predictable, expected, and downright sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is truly sad is seeing the BUCS stuffed any time it is 3rd or 4th and short yardage!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

our RBs are no different than the titans.  our starting RB is as big as anyone on their roster.  their starting RBs are the size of bobby rainey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe I ever saw Wilder stopped short on a 4th and one his entire career at FSU.

Can you put a little context into this.  OK you never saw him stuffed, but how many times did he run the ball on 4th and 1?  if it was just once or twice, that's not very significant.  If however, he moved the chains 10 out of 10, that is pretty significant.  So, how about some numbers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is going to be a game of smash mouth running games.I would be shocked if Mariota or Winston are asked to air it out.  Wisenhunt however is known to pull a "Gruden/Martz" and become pass happy quickly with play calling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe I ever saw Wilder stopped short on a 4th and one his entire career at FSU.

Can you put a little context into this.  OK you never saw him stuffed, but how many times did he run the ball on 4th and 1?  if it was just once or twice, that's not very significant.  If however, he moved the chains 10 out of 10, that is pretty significant.  So, how about some numbers?

You know what, f*ck it! Let's sign O'Leary too. Wasn't he cut from the Bills the other day. Clearly, Buffalo doesn't realize the elite talent they just let go.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, I am getting tired of hearing about Dick LeBeau. HOFer, for sure, however, this is the same defensive play caller that Mike Glennon (in a game called by Marcus Arroyo) threw for 300 yards against last season….on the road. He also has a TON of film out there. I don’t doubt that the Bucs will have a solid gameplan ready. Guys just have to execute it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not just running. It's running slam plays efficiently. Can't run outside with Martin. Not against this defense.

why not?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, I am getting tired of hearing about Dick LeBeau. HOFer, for sure, however, this is the same defensive play caller that Mike Glennon (in a game called by Marcus Arroyo) threw for 300 yards against last season....on the road. He also has a TON of film out there. I don't doubt that the Bucs will have a solid gameplan ready. Guys just have to execute it.

I agree...This defense will be exposed this game especially if the blitz and shoot the gaps....Exposes their busted azz DBs to 1 on 1 coverage...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, I am getting tired of hearing about Dick LeBeau. HOFer, for sure, however, this is the same defensive play caller that Mike Glennon (in a game called by Marcus Arroyo) threw for 300 yards against last season....on the road. He also has a TON of film out there. I don't doubt that the Bucs will have a solid gameplan ready. Guys just have to execute it.

I agree with this, Tennessee is implementing LeBeau's defense for the 1st time in a game situation against us and he hardly has pro-bowl material to work with. I expect the Titan's defense to be tough on us, but not nearly as good as Cleveland's defense was in the pre-season. This game will probably come down to turnovers, with two rookie quarterbacks, the guy that makes the least mistakes is probably going to win.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Lets hope the 12th man can be our secret weapon. The weapon that gives us the decided advantage. The weapon Lebeau and Mariota didn't game plan for.

We've already tried having 12 men on the field. It lost us the Cincinnati game last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We've already tried having 12 men on the field. It lost us the Cincinnati game last year.

I LOL'D

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

No one will game plan something that's never existed ......except in the Cincinnati game last year as lordnlkon pointed out.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

No one will game plan something that's never existed ......except in the Cincinnati game last year as lordnlkon pointed out.

Never existed--not true at all. It's been a minute or two but I've been in the stadium when the fans have been so loud--we've inspired and motivated this team. We can make a tremendous difference

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Never existed--not true at all. It's been a minute or two but I've been in the stadium when the fans have been so loud--we've inspired and motivated this team. We can make a tremendous difference

It's been about 10 years but we did used to fill the stadium every game. Winning will fix that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Wilder could be a successful linebacker...got the size, speed, and skill...I would scoop him and place him on the PS...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

irresistible runole bait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Wilder could be a successful linebacker...got the size, speed, and skill...I would scoop him and place him on the PS...

only issue with this is LB is much more mental – instincts – knowing where to be.  if not, quincy black and dekota watson would be HOFers.

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.