Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

For a 2021 6th rounder, and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Teddy is not going to be happy.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I’m just happy it’s Darnold and not Watson or Russell Wilson.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

True.

Darnold isn’t exactly a needle mover, until proven otherwise.

• buc-in-out

Participant

True.

Darnold isn’t exactly a needle mover, until proven otherwise.

He’s also never had the weapons he’ll have in Carolina. He reunites with Robby Anderson, and having a healthy CMC definitely helps.

Here’s hoping Darnold’s already broken beyond repair!

• theknees

Participant

This is a weird move for the Panthers.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Agreed. Can anyone be sure how much better Darnold is than Teddy? Why wasn’t Teddy part of the deal if Carolina wants to get rid of him so badly? The Jets don’t want a veteran back up for who I assume will be Wilson?

Falcons
        Bengals
        Dolphins
        Lions

Do the Panthers think one of them will pick Fields/Lance or trade out? Or the Panthers just don’t like this crop of QB’s?

As you can see I have questions about this!

• Greattimes

Participant

Carolina was one of the teams that was trying to pull off a trade for Watson last month. Watson’s trade value has plummeted to almost nothing.

• Lawdy

Participant

meh

• Greattimes

Participant

Agreed. Can anyone be sure how much better Darnold is than Teddy? Why wasn’t Teddy part of the deal if Carolina wants to get rid of him so badly? The Jets don’t want a veteran back up for who I assume will be Wilson?

Falcons
      Bengals
      Dolphins
      Lions

Do the Panthers think one of them will pick Fields/Lance or trade out? Or the Panthers just don’t like this crop of QB’s?

As you can see I have questions about this!

This is a trade that is reminiscent of a trade Bill O’Brian would have made.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Not sold on Darnold. Hope it backfires on the panties.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Darnold is sneaky athletic. He can throw a deep ball unlike Bridgewater. He had Gase as a coach, and that is enough reason to assume he will do much better in Carolina. Gase was atrocious.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Guessing this is Carolina wanting to be assured of getting a supposed upgrade at QB. Sitting at #8 they couldn’t be absolutely sure one of the Top 5 QBs would fall to them. And even if one appeared to be falling, who’s to say some other team doesn’t trade up to 7 and snatch him away before Panthers get to pick. They get a starting QB who’s got potential at least to be decent in a different system. Asking price to get into Top 5 picks was probably pretty steep. All that said, I hope he fails because he’s now in the Bucs division.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Darnold is sneaky athletic. He can throw a deep ball unlike Bridgewater. He had Gase as a coach, and that is enough reason to assume he will do much better in Carolina. Gase was atrocious.

Agreed, I think it might be a little premature to label Darnold a bust because of Adam Gase’s prehistoric offensive system, Gase’s propensity to lean on senior citizen Frank Gore, one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and Jamison Crowder as his #1 receiver.

Hell I was pining for us to trade for Darnold on the cheap months ago. I still think the kid can play ball, but now that he’s playing for the Kitties I hope Gase has already damaged him beyond repair.

• buccnation

Participant

I like the move for the Panthers. Darnold is still very young, talented, and will actually have a good coach to learn from. If the price was a tad cheaper I was hoping the Bucs would get in on him.

• SaskBucs

Participant

I also agree with you others who think there is upside to this for the Panthers. Boid Fink nailed it about the deep ball and Adam Gase. That guy is the worst and I can’t wrap my head around how long he has been an NFL head coach. Darnold can probably be better than Tannehill in the right situation after leaving Gase and I would say the Panthers are putting him in a decent spot. I also hope he is terrible and the Panthers screwed up.

If this was unfolding in 2023 I would have been banging the table to bring him in and give him a chance as Brady successor. For this price the Bears going to Dalton makes little sense to me.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

This is a weird move for the Panthers.

It’s a gamble is what it is. They are banking on Darnold being in a shitty environment in New York (which he was) for his poor performance. He may improve with a change of scenery but that remains to be seen.

• Swash

Participant

Sometimes you got to kiss a lot of frogs to find your franchise quarterback. The Panthers owner is going all in on figuring it out. Will it work out with Darnold? Who knows. But for what they gave up it’s worth finding out.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Very smart trade for both teams. More picks for the Jets to build around a very talented qb who is cheap the next 4 years.

I don’t care what Darnold did with the Jets, that roster and organization was a joke, he had no chance to show what he could do there.

Panthers can draft one of the best tackles in the draft and add a few defensive studs over the next 2 years, and IMO they are going to be a wild card team if not challenge for the division sooner rather than later.

Darnold in that system with their OC and offensive talent can definitely work. The only negative for the Panthers is the wasted 10M they still owe to Bridgewater.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.