lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strange pick. Their OL is in shambles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I lol’d. When Ealy was being mocked to the Bucs early in this process I looked up his highlights and felt nauseous. Glad to see him in Carolina. I also don’t think Kelvin Benjamin will work out either. The Saints draft on the other hand is scary so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I lol'd. When Ealy was being mocked to the Bucs early in this process I looked up his highlights and felt nauseous. Glad to see him in Carolina. I also don't think Kelvin Benjamin will work out either. The Saints draft on the other hand is scary so far.

I don't really like cooks like many on this board. I pray I'm right because we're gonna have to see a lot of him and his twig legs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree on Benjamin, I think he was more a product of being on the same team as Winston rather than being a product of his own talent. At this point, it seems as though Carolina is just flinging crap on the wall to see if it  sticks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I lol'd. When Ealy was being mocked to the Bucs early in this process I looked up his highlights and felt nauseous. Glad to see him in Carolina. I also don't think Kelvin Benjamin will work out either. The Saints draft on the other hand is scary so far.

I don't really like cooks like many on this board. I pray I'm right because we're gonna have to see a lot of him and his twig legs.

I hope you're right too. The Saints have size: Colston, Graham; and speed: Cooks, Stills. I'm just hoping that they don't grab any value RB's and their running game is cartoonishly bad otherwise they are looking legitimate on both sides of the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember when they wasted a pick on Charles Johnson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't..... Johnson was considered by some NFL scouts to be a 1st or 2nd round pick and rated as high as the 3rd best defensive end in draft by some scouting services. DE also filled a need opposite JP that year. The Panthers also had several recently drafted /signed OL and WRs on the roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers just wasted a 2nd round pick on Kony Ealy...

and we just returned the favor

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember when they wasted a pick on Everette Brown.

Fixed it for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers just wasted a 2nd round pick on Kony Ealy...

and we just returned the favor

My thought as soon as we made our last pick...... hope the pick pans out, but it seems rather silly to have drafted an obscure RB from the Big East at this point.... with a high draft pick no less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the Panthers draft. Haters are going to hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the Panthers draft. Haters are going to hate.

Yeah, shame on me for hating on the Panthers..... my bad?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Atlanta quietly improved, the Saints made a couple great picks and the panthers made me scratch my head haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree on Benjamin, I think he was more a product of being on the same team as Winston rather than being a product of his own talent. At this point, it seems as though Carolina is just flinging crap on the wall to see if it  sticks.

Benjamin and our pick are basically the same guy, tall go route players. Evans has better hands and that is about all the difference. Ealy is a guy who makes sense because he showed pass rush ability and dL is a spot you can rotate guys and get value doing so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They don’t really have a have a 3rd DE worth mentioning. Most 4-3 teams have a nice 3 DE rotation. Their 4th DT saw more snaps than their 3rd DE last year. I wouldn’t necessarily call this a waste. Having a solid rotation is key to getting after the QB late in games. We won’t think this is that big of a waste when we see Carolina’s beast of a DL tearing up NFCS OLs once the season starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Benjamin and our pick are basically the same guy, tall go route players. Evans has better hands and that is about all the difference. Ealy is a guy who makes sense because he showed pass rush ability and dL is a spot you can rotate guys and get value doing so.

Thats quite a stretch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Hardy got tagged and should be a FA next year… Charles Johnson have a $16M cap figure in 2014 then $17M in 2015… and they have no depth…i think it's a good move with no franchise LT on the board...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Hardy got tagged and should be a FA next year... Charles Johnson have a $16M cap figure in 2014 then $17M in 2015... and they have no depth...i think it's a good move with no franchise LT on the board...

Yeah the cap constraints are forcing some of their picks but I still like what they are doing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't..... Johnson was considered by some NFL scouts to be a 1st or 2nd round pick and rated as high as the 3rd best defensive end in draft by some scouting services. DE also filled a need opposite JP that year. The Panthers also had several recently drafted /signed OL and WRs on the roster.

The same could be said about Ealy. I agree with Biggs, I remember Johnsons hype losing a little steam just before the draft and that pick having some doubters.Hardy is likely gone next year. Will be VERY difficult to afford him, just like Cincys situation this year when the well ran dry for Michael Johnson after they paid the rest of their DL. Cincy planned ahead by drafting that 2nd round DE in 2013 even though they appeared deep at the position at the time of the pick. There is a reasonable argument for Ealy being the BPA  on Carolinas board at the time, making waiting for (another) WR, or guard, possible. I think Carolina drafts better than any team in the division. I dont have research to back it up, just off memory. I would trust them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Ealy ever rated as the 3rd best DE? I do understand that Johnson may not be there next season, but the move to draft a less than stellar DE when many top OL were still on the board was a questionable move. But the situation didn’t really compare to the 2007 draft where they drafted Johnson, I believe that was my point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was Ealy ever rated as the 3rd best DE? I do understand that Johnson may not be there next season, but the move to draft a less than stellar DE when many top OL were still on the board was a questionable move. But the situation didn't really compare to the 2007 draft where they drafted Johnson, I believe that was my point.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.phpNFL Draft Countdown had him as the 23rd ranked overall player, number 2 DE, and they had him going #16 overall to Dallas in their final mock draft a couple days ago. (btw, I didnt cherry pick this site, it just happens to be the only place I go on the net for player bios and draft updates so was the first place I checked)Whether he's "less than stellar" is still to be determined, as it is with the other "top OL" that were available. I think the situation deff compares to Johnsons. Both are DEs, both were drafted by Carolina, and both appeared to be BPA picks of guys who were dropping lower than expected on draft day. Everette Brown was another similar story, and he turned out to be a complete bust. Don't know how Ealy's career will end up, but it was a logical pick for Carolina in many ways

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't..... Johnson was considered by some NFL scouts to be a 1st or 2nd round pick and rated as high as the 3rd best defensive end in draft by some scouting services.

And Kony wasn't fool?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats quite a stretch.

You know, just hands... And ball skills... And athleticism... And after-the-catch ability... And run blocking...But yeah, basically the same guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember when they wasted a pick on Everette Brown.

Fixed it for you.

i remember when we wasted a pick on Gaines a Adams, Brian Price, and Dequan Bowers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats quite a stretch.

You know, just hands... And ball skills... And athleticism... And after-the-catch ability... And run blocking...But yeah, basically the same guy.

Hands yes, Benjamin has great balls skills and is the same sort of athlete Evans is. Now, hands matter because WR's who can't catch are useless but Evans isn't so far outside the template that he screams top 10 player.

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.