Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

For those interested. Powerful stuff.http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10802533

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys are so far away from the world as we know it. They come back to us broken and lost many times. They struggle to find their way back. They sometimes never make it back. It breaks my heart knowing the pain they must feel. May God bless all the troops who have given their all so that we can have the freedom of today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very sad. Should be in the cove.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very sad. Should be in the cove.

Why? Pat Tillman was an NFL player. We come here to talk NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with O'Neal. What took so long for somebody to admit this publicly?Ten years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok… its been 10 years. The cove is just one button away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok... its been 10 years. The cove is just one button away.

Feel free to go there. Or, you can ignore this thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys are so far away from the world as we know it. They come back to us broken and lost many times. They struggle to find their way back. They sometimes never make it back. It breaks my heart knowing the pain they must feel. May God bless all the troops who have given their all so that we can have the freedom of today.

Spent 6 weeks in the VA looney bin and stay heavily medicated, to try to get the images and memories out of my head. The troops will all way have my support, weather I agree with the war are not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spent 6 weeks in the VA looney bin and stay heavily medicated, to try to get the images and memories out of my head. The troops will all way have my support, weather I agree with the war are not.

I hope time eases your pain, brother.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish you the best - you have my appreciation and respect for service. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish you the best - you have my appreciation and respect for service.

Same here. Thank you for your service and best wishes!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for saying this!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish you the absolute best and appreciate your service.  Thank you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cris Collinsworth wants Pat Tillman in the Hall of Fame USA Today SportsBy Chris Chase 1 hour agopat_zps068eb222.pngA Pat Tillman statue outside University of Phoenix Stadium. (USA TODAY Sports Images) On the day ESPN ran a special Outside the Lines about the battlefield death of former Arizona Cardinals safety Pat Tillman, Sunday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth tweeted his belief that Tillman should be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.pat1_zpsb98b7cb5.gif It’s a strong take from Collinsworth. No one doubts Tillman’s heroism and the NFL has done an admirable job of honoring Tillman’s memory. Even though it’s not discussed much, is a berth in Canton the next logical step? pat2_zpsfe65c822.png(USA TODAY Sports Images) In his Monday Morning Quarterback column, Peter King thoughtfully lays out a counterargument. Should all 26 NFL players who have died in service to our country—either in World War I, Vietnam or Afghanistan—be enshrined in Canton? Is one NFL player’s service worth more than others’? Should every player who served in wartime be enshrined, or put in a wing of the Hall of Fame? [...] And what about others who played football and went on to great things? Byron “Whizzer” White, a running back in the NFL, went on to be a Supreme Court justice. Jack Kemp quarterbacked the Bills, then became a nine-term Congressman and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Should they be in? I think football players and coaches and executives should be in the Hall of Fame for what they accomplish as football players and coaches and executives, and not for anything else. pat3_zpsc285cd1d.pngCris Collinsworth. (USA TODAY Sports Images) King’s argument is essentially that if you let in Tillman, you have to let in others. Though it’s a good point, I side with Collinsworth. Tillman belongs in the Hall of Fame. His service isn’t worth more than others, as King notes, but its timing, meaning and the modern-day sacrifice it took make Tillman a heroic and relatable hero to the new generation of football fans. One can be an NFL great without proving it on the field. But any debate would be beneath the legacy of Tillman. He’s not ignored in Canton either, as there’s a large display saluting him and other veterans. Induction or not, the memory of Pat Tillman won’t fade.pat4_zpsa3bf7eb0.png

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.