Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• LookForwardTo2015

Participant

The other thread is going to be locked by the OP so we needed a new place to discuss it.Google "Common Law" or read the FAQ's on the US Patent offices site on it. You know the same organization that started this thread."What are “common law” rights?Federal registration is not required to establish rights in a trademark.  Common law rights arise from actual use of a mark and may allow the common law user to successfully challenge a registration or application."http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp"If a sports fan decides to produce and sell Washington Redskins gear without obtaining advance permission from the team, and the gear creates a false representation that it originated from the NFL’s Washington Redskins organization, then that fan may be in violation of improperly benefiting from the use of the team’s common law protected trademark and be forced to pay damages related to the infringing use."http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2014/06/18/loss-of-redskins-trademark-registration-is-overblown/http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/06/18/todays-ruling-does-not-mean-you-can-open-your-own-redskins-merchandise-shop/

• bcwizard

Participant

The other thread is going to be locked by the OP so we needed a new place to discuss it.

uh oh, now you have done it! ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

The other thread is going to be locked by the OP so we needed a new place to discuss it.

uh oh, now you have done it! ;)

lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, I posted this in the other thread, but no one replied:People claim that the Redskins name is offensive and the Patent Office makes a ruling about it: Government OverreachGay people want to have legal marriages and states pass legislation allowing it: Government Overreach.People complain that Redskins name is offensive: stupid PC liberals with an agenda.People complain about Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on TV: enlightened Patriots protecting kids from corruption.Just making sure I've got all that straight.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, I posted this in the other thread, but no one replied:People claim that the Redskins name is offensive and the Patent Office makes a ruling about it: Government OverreachGay people want to have legal marriages and states pass legislation allowing it: Government Overreach.People complain that Redskins name is offensive: stupid PC liberals with an agenda.People complain about Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on TV: enlightened Patriots protecting kids from corruption.Just making sure I've got all that straight.

I doubt anyone will respond to that.

• vlagatta

Why didn’t you just post a surrender picture?  it would have been easier.

• Anonymous

Inactive

another Redskins thread?offseason

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why didn't you just post a surrender picture?  it would have been easier.

That's java's job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

another Redskins thread?offseason

You can't use the R word!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any Native Americans that post here have a say on this?  Has this been swept under the rug for years now?  I’m sure Native Americans have been decrying this name for years, yes?Hmmm.   

• vlagatta

^Trying to get this beyond one page for ya, kid.

• bcwizard

Participant

^Trying to get this beyond one page for ya, kid.

this Java guy is a piece of work

• Anonymous

Inactive

this Java guy is a piece of work

VinBucFan trolling

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, wth?

• Anonymous

Inactive

What do people consider a Native American? full blooded? half? a quarter? An eighth? A sixteenth?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends how red your skin is…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What do people consider a Native American? full blooded? half? a quarter? An eighth? A sixteenth?

Whatever percentage it takes to get a scholly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever percentage it takes to get a scholly.

That depends on the school. Some are a quarter and others are an eighth.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/redskin-name-update

Looks like reason enough to keep the name.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds a 100% correct to me my friend!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask that dumb bitch Elizabeth warren!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask that dumb **CENSORED** Elizabeth warren!

This needs to be quoted so you can't delete it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conservatives are an arbitrary bunch. Liberals have their whackjobs, but they usually live in a hippie commune.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Patent office didn’t receive a single public complaint before stripping Redskins trademark”http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/1/redskins-name-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/?page=all

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conservatives are an arbitrary bunch. Liberals have their whackjobs, but they usually live in a hippie commune.

...and the ghetto.

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Patent office didn’t receive a single public complaint before stripping Redskins trademark"http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/1/redskins-name-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/?page=all

"The board also pointed to research that found at least 30 percent of American Indians surveyed found the name offensive."Since when is 30 percent a majority.

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Patent office didn’t receive a single public complaint before stripping Redskins trademark"http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/1/redskins-name-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/?page=all

"The board also pointed to research that found at least 30 percent of American Indians surveyed found the name offensive."Since when is 30 percent a majority.

What does majority have to do with anything?

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does majority have to do with anything?

It doesn't in today's PC world. 1 is too many. We have to fix it so everyone is happy!

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s communism though.By definition, communism means "perfect world/society."But who's "perfect world?" Yours? ..someone else's? It can't be done, and we've seen it before.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's say everyone with the username ktownbuc47 has to pay 500 dollar membership fees and the majority agrees with that notion.You sure majority rule is the best option?

• Anonymous

Inactive

the only ting offensive about the redskins is their god awful colors. and their fans

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's say everyone with the username ktownbuc47 has to pay 500 dollar membership fees and the majority agrees with that notion.You sure majority rule is the best option?

I know, it's like those darn Occupy Movers, who persecute the 1 percent minority they despise.  Majority be damned!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s a thought, why not change the name to one of the native american tribes that actual lived in the DC/Maryland area? Then they could keep the logo, maybe change the skin tone and keep it moving.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's a thought, why not change the name to one of the native american tribes that actual lived in the DC/Maryland area? Then they could keep the logo, maybe change the skin tone and keep it moving.

Or Washington Prairie Monkeys .Takes all mention fo skin tone out of the equation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching an episode of Alaska State Troopers … one of the troopers went back to his old village, old school, elementary and high school in same building, very far out in the Alaska wildernesstheir team sports name was the "Halfbreeds"a large banner in the gym proudly proclaimed (whatever the village name was) "Halfbreeds"the trooper was quite proud of itI don't hear any locals in Alasaka raising a fuss about that nameshoulda taped that show, who woulda believed it, but it was aired

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.