Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• BucBalla85

Participant

Is this a team that still needs to unlearn the bad habits from the last couple coaches in order to win? With all the new faces is it going to take time to gell as a team? I think Lovies presence will help and the new weapons on offense will help as well. I just don’t know if we are playoff team yet where the Saints and ATL are already established winners. Thoughts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing to unlearn.Time required to gel for sure.This will be a playoff 'edge' team this year.Patience is hard to come by nowadays.  My answer patiently win now...  Be a contender in 2015

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can wait until the season starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are decision making to win now, so I’m all in on win now.  I would also prefer win now were it my choice.  Win now doesn’t necessarily mean playoffs, but we need to be .500 imo. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all just saw what the chiefs did with a professional level coaching staff and new QB. This probably isn’t a Super Bowl team but they’re ready to be pretty close to as good as they’re going to be right off the bat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patience. I think that’s the teams approach as well. One of the top 2 QBs will be a buc next year. Right now it’s looking like Mariota or Winston but they’re obviously could be a dark horse. The nfc is to deep for a quick fix. That’s why they didn’t reach for a QB this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patience. I think that's the teams approach as well. One of the top 2 QBs will be a buc next year. Right now it's looking like Mariota or Winston but they're obviously could be a dark horse. The nfc is to deep for a quick fix. That's why they didn't reach for a QB this year.

The only way this happens IMO is if McCown and Glennon completely implode.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS sports posted their prediction for next year’s 2015 nfl draft.  They had the Bucs picking top 10 again and taking Winston as their QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patience. I think that's the teams approach as well. One of the top 2 QBs will be a buc next year. Right now it's looking like Mariota or Winston but they're obviously could be a dark horse. The nfc is to deep for a quick fix. That's why they didn't reach for a QB this year.

If they were looking for a tear down/rebuild they never would have gone after McCown.  They would have gone into this season with Glennon and maybe a drafted rookie to find out for sure what they have in Mike.  They would have eaten the Revis 2014 money in a roster bonus conversion we already had in his contract and gotten draft picks in return for a free season.  They wanted his money available right away, this offseason, to improve the overall roster for the 2014 season.  They probably would have foregone many of the veteran FA signings and banked more cap space for down the road.  You would have seen a different draft approach as opposed to filling specific needs for the 2014 season.  Everything they've done has been focused on immediate success.  I'm not sure how we can view the same events and come to such polar opposite conclusions. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What exactly do you think we are going to be winning in the now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS sports posted their prediction for next year's 2015 nfl draft.  They had the Bucs picking top 10 again and taking Winston as their QB.

and all the homers here will overlook that he is a scumbag.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS sports posted their prediction for next year's 2015 nfl draft.  They had the Bucs picking top 10 again and taking Winston as their QB.

They gave every team the same draft slot as this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all just saw what the chiefs did with a professional level coaching staff and new QB. This probably isn't a Super Bowl team but they're ready to be pretty close to as good as they're going to be right off the bat.

yep.  Get ready for 7-9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What exactly do you think we are going to be winning in the now.

Half our games.

and all the homers here will overlook that he is a scumbag.

I'm hoping he steps his scumbag game up to another level.  Otherwise we have 0 chance at him w/out totally RGIIIing ourselves. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all just saw what the chiefs did with a professional level coaching staff and new QB. This probably isn't a Super Bowl team but they're ready to be pretty close to as good as they're going to be right off the bat.

yep.  Get ready for 7-9.

I could see upward of 9-7 and an overall similar team to the 2007 squad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are predicting anything other than 16-0, you aren’t a true fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it will be a much more disciplined team and will be smarter with it’s coaching now that gap tooth is gone but I’m still worried about the teams lack of experience winning. When was the last time this team won a big game? It’s been a long time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When was the last time this team won a big game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are predicting anything other than 16-0, you aren't a true fan.

This coming from a Brown fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you qualify the first game against the Falcons in 2011 as “big”. That’s a division game, they were coming off a 13-3 season and we hadn’t beaten them since the beginning of 2008.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you qualify the first game against the Falcons in 2011 as "big". That's a division game, they were coming off a 13-3 season and we hadn't beaten them since the beginning of 2008.

True. However it didn't end up being that big of a win or big game because we all know the story of the rest of that season. I think the last win that had me really excited about this team was the one against Washington where Alstott scored the 2 point conversion at the end of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the last win that had me really excited about this team was the one against Washington where Alstott scored the 2 point conversion at the end of the game.

That and that 64 yard field goal against the Eagles.  But that one was more because I didn't expect the guy to make it.But I agree, the last time we won a really big game was that Alstott 2 point conversion game.  That win allowed the team to make the playoffs.  Damn that was exciting!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMMTuO9gk2Mhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX1ruNEo3Ro

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

td.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had a HC back then with some balls. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chiefs were 1-5 vs playoff teams. The one was Eagles without Foles. They got fat off Oakland twice, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Cleveland, Washington, Houston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thsts true .  Chiefs were frauds and you all inspire the Bucs to be like them. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years. Being a fraud is a step up from where we usually are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My impression is Lovie is serious about winning now. Looking at what we’ve done in FA and in the draft, he’s loaded up on difference-makers. HUGE upgrade over last year. The two factors that are key is avoiding injuries and coming together as a team quickly. It's a definite Plus to have leaders like Evan Dietrich-Smith anchoring the O'line, Jackson at WR, and McCown at QB. Add to that a new O'Coordinator is in town that opponents don't know. On D, we've got a pair of very good coaches in Lovie & Leslie who can manufacture a disruptive D out of raw talent. Not sure who our leaders are on the field; Goldson and David may be it. McCoy and Johnson are good, but I just don't picture them as leaders. Maybe they'll surprise us.     Patience with his young guys is a hallmark of Lovie, tho'... So really a mix of both from the staff

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with NotDeadYet.  Lovie is trying to win now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years. Being a fraud is a step up from where we usually are.

Point is Chiefs were really a 6-8 win team playing against a joke schedule. Instead of the Jags, Texans and Raiders twice we're getting at Steelers, at Bears, Falcons twice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Point is Chiefs were really a 6-8 win team playing against a joke schedule.

The 2010 Bucs were a 4-12 team playing against a joke schedule.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The saints have maybe one more year in them. Atlanta is a force for the next few years. I think the Panthers will take a step back this year. L&L are aiming to win now. The question is can we gel fast enough to beat two strong devision opponents. McCown put together a few voluntary practice sessions before the teams first Mimi camp (pre-draft), The report was that the O was ahead of the D in that camp. If those voluntary O practices continue during the off season there is an outside chance we could be ready to play ball when the season opens, but the new restriction on practice times and work in pads will work against the Bucs this year. So bottom line  this is an 8-8 season is my guess for this year. I think by the time the season is over the Bucs will be a team to watch for a serious run in 2015. That will  give uus time to pick up the OG and whatever other needs the Bucs may need to polish the team for playoff season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

by not selecting a QB I am convinced they are in it to win now. I am not buying the sell that Napoleon Dynamite is the QB of the Future one bit.I see them finishing between 7-9 and 9-7.

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.