Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Not casting anything in stone this early, but I’m pondering the idea of Jeff Demps being the odd man out in our crowded backfield, especially if he doesn’t show much as a slot receiver. Gotta have good hands,  be a route runner, and hold onto the football. Add to that, I’m not real sure of him as a punt returner either. Solomon Patton seems to have all that down, and he’s nearly as fast as Demps. This could be yet another real interesting camp battle worth watching…http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/solomon-patton?id=2543709http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5rLCl17Io

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patton vs Herron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take both of them, or really anyone with two legs over Eric Page.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Herron and Patton are BOTH better receivers than Demps. With these two, we don’t need Demps or Page, or Owusu, or Dawson. I’ve read Herron never returned punts, but is working at it. Patton has…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Herron and Patton are BOTH better receivers than Demps. With these two, we don't need Demps or Page, or Owusu, or Dawson. I've read Herron never returned punts, but is working at it. Patton has...

Well, maybe because Demps is a RB.  He can catch out of the backfield, but he's not a WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, CJ, but Lovie’s been moving him around a lot, including in the slot. As a RB, he wouldn’t get many reps, and even now is just a 3rd string guy. Not trashing on him, but if everyone stays healthy, I’m startin’ to see him as the odd man out. Could be Rainey too, but he really impressed me as a runner last season…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, CJ, but Lovie's been moving him around a lot, including in the slot. As a RB, he wouldn't get many reps, and even now is just a 3rd string guy. Not trashing on him, but if everyone stays healthy, I'm startin' to see him as the odd man out. Could be Rainey too, but he really impressed me as a runner last season...

Rainey had some great games and bad games.  He's limited to runner,  As far as Demps moving around a lot... That makes him a OW.  I think Patton has a good chance of going on the PS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s Demps vs Sims imo, and that’s not a good spot for Jeff to be in.  He is not going to be a slot receiver.  He would fill the same potential role that we just drafted Charles for imo.  I am in love with the Demps potential, but I think he’s a long shot to make the roster tbh.  Clearly someone isn’t making the cut amongst Martin, Sims, Rainey, James, and Demps.  I don’t see us keeping two “receiving” RBs, but maybe FRG and others are right about the kind of back we’ll be using primarily on 1st and 2nd down with Tedford. 

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.