Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• Uncle Stan

Participant

3  teams right now are without their starting center:Patriots, Steelers and believe the third one just announced is the VikesHopefully we could trade EDS. We couldn't be any worse with the center from Atlanta who is presently visiting and Warren. Allen is gone

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3  teams right now are without their starting center:Patriots, Steelers and believe the third one just announced is the VikesHopefully we could trade EDS. We couldn't be any worse with the center from Atlanta who is presently visiting and Warren. Allen is gone

What is he worth though?  A sixth round pick?Keep the vet center. He knows more about the line games than Warren or anyone else that plays center for the Bucs. Bucs aren't getting much from this weak link.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean on paper it makes some sense I suppose, but he spent all offseason working with Winston, and there is something to be said for that as far as being on the same page with line calls, protections. I mean these two guys get very intimate with each other lol.And Hawley is coming off major knee surgery and struggled to play in camp for the Falcons, so yeah it actually could be worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand the push, but I think its probably best that we give EDS one more year.  I doubt, with his play compared to his contract, that he would bring much trade value anyways.  Warren is a solid prospect but he needs another year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great trade theory, let’s throw in RG Marpet and LT Smith to see if we can get any extra picks.Yeah let's go full retard and start an out of shape C coming off ACL and MCL surgeries.  Great plan

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I understand the push, but I think its probably best that we give EDS one more year.  I doubt, with his play compared to his contract, that he would bring much trade value anyways.  Warren is a solid prospect but he needs another year.

Agree got to keep him this year and continue developing Warren whose a big strong kid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see any team trading their Center at this time of the year.  I’m not sure the team would get that much in return, anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warren is a solid prospect but he needs another year.

Agree got to keep him this year and continue developing Warren whose a big strong kid.

i like warrent, but hes gonna be 28 when the season starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why don’t we see if EDS plays better with an OC, before we replace him with an injured C from an OL that was also terrible last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a pill for that.Seriously, i remember the days of mahan, so smith isnt that big of an issue to me. He isnt great, but he's good enough to keep around at some capacity. Imho, of course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean on paper it makes some sense I suppose, but he spent all offseason working with Winston, and there is something to be said for that as far as being on the same page with line calls, protections. I mean these two guys get very intimate with each other lol.And Hawley is coming off major knee surgery and struggled to play in camp for the Falcons, so yeah it actually could be worse.

in regards to EDS and his duties for line calls and protections... if the Cleveland game was any indication of how good he is at his job then there is probably very little to be said actually... unless we should just act like that game never happened and not judge him on that one even though that was the dress rehearsal game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith is the only player on the line currently that has played at an above average level as a member of the Buccaneers in a regular season game. I know the team expects Mankins to have a big bounce back year and there are high expectations for the rookies, but right now, EDS is the best player protecting Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t we also claim 2 Centers off waivers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

in regards to EDS and his duties for line calls and protections... if the Cleveland game was any indication of how good he is at his job then there is probably very little to be said actually... unless we should just act like that game never happened and not judge him on that one even though that was the dress rehearsal game.

It's been written elsewhere that they limited the protections and "get out" plays in that one as well. I think you might be confusing "dress rehearsal" and actual regular season game-planning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't we also claim 2 Centers off waivers?

Kush is the only one on the active roster, but I think the idea is that he can play C/G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't we also claim 2 Centers off waivers?

Kush is the only one on the active roster, but I think the idea is that he can play C/G.

Im pulling for that guy.Imagine one of the signs in the back of the EZ: "rollin up the kush" or, "kush crazy." Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

pff graded him very well didnt they?  funny that only the guys that already hate him thought he played poorly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a pill for that.Seriously, i remember the days of mahan, so smith isnt that big of an issue to me. He isnt great, but he's good enough to keep around at some capacity. Imho, of course.

Beat me to it  (no pun intended)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In theory yes, but EDS has proven to be a disaster at that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I did find it interesting that we’ve been adding centers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would bet a small amount of money that Kush will be starting at some point this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

pff graded him very well didnt they?  funny that only the guys that already hate him thought he played poorly.

ES has underperformed. He's got another season to prove his worth. Trading him at this point would be dumb. Regardless, he's on a short leash.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ES has underperformed. He's got another season to prove his worth. Trading him at this point would be dumb. Regardless, he's on a short leash.

i agree on the leash.  but i also am aware that the entire offense was put in an awful situation last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i agree on the leash.  but i also am aware that the entire offense was put in an awful situation last season.

He's the one responsible for his performance last season. Let's hope that was just an anomaly. This season is his second chance. I'm hoping, but we shall see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would replace Mankins first before I consider replacing EDS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was afraid to click on the thread, I was expecting Pape Swalpec or whatever it was to pitching the little blue pill..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's the one responsible for his performance last season. Let's hope that was just an anomaly. This season is his second chance. I'm hoping, but we shall see.

i dont believe thats entirely true.  thats like blaming the QB for a dropped pass imo.  if the OC was so inept that the D knows whats coming, and the O doesnt have time or schemes to work in the NFL then even the greatest players will struggle.could he have played better?  sure, hes not above criticism.  but i feel that too many have taken it too far and not been honest with their opinons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was afraid to click on the thread, I was expecting Pape Swalpec or whatever it was to pitching the little blue pill..

Lol. Good ol pape!Yeah, title should be changed to, "how to get rid of EDS forever." I think that would be more appropriate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't view trading our starting C away just as we are kicking off the season as being a good idea. Like MC said, "could be worse".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad that anyone actually likes EDS. Guy gets a free pass for some reason. We have someone better on the roster now, time for this subpar guy to step aside

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad that anyone actually likes EDS. Guy gets a free pass for some reason. We have someone better on the roster now, time for this subpar guy to step aside

I dont think he's horrible, but he's deffinately expendable.He is not good enough to just gloss over and go to the next position, in regards to replacements. If there is someone on the team, in fa, in draft, that is better, i think they should make a move.Still though, i don't think they should look at it as an immediate replacement, but as a gradual nudge out the door. After zutt, im a little leary of just letting linemen go like it doesn't matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad that anyone actually likes EDS.

i dont get the personal feelings towards players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EDS isn’t the problem on the line.  The tackles played poorly last year and the interior had issues generating push.  Mankins and EDS played a lot better than people realize.  But playing average isn’t good enough for Mankins.EDS is average and I agree you can do worse at the spot.  I'll take average.The hatred of EDS is very similar to the hatred of Zuttah while he was here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He gets the opposite of a free pass from the fans.He started out playing poorly last year and for some reason, a lot of people were offended by his quotes about Jameis, but he graded out very well for the second half of last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Days before the opener……this isn’t Madden. You don't just plug and play players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wtf do people want to dump EDS for? Our offensive line is bad enough and you want to trade our center days before our opening game. Do you guys want to get Winston killed for probably like a 6 round pick who want even make the team past his first year? Just makes no sense to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah!!! We should dump Smith 2 days before the season starts!!!…I heard Garrett Gilkey is available on the Waiver Wire.... ;) :o ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it is PAINFULLY evident to everone, fans, players, coaches, et al, that this team, this year will live and die by the Oline. They will get their sacks on defense, around 36 to 40 with smoke and mirrors, then draft two edge rushers next year.Like everyone, I would buy EDS & Mankins the one way bus ticket out of town but not this year. It is no coincidence that the Bucs drafted Smith & Marpet but unfortunately that will not be enough. The free agent pickups and recent cuts pick ups also show that the Oline will be a primary focus all through the season and I don't expect the new pickups to ride the pine. Sure the starting line will be Smith, Mankins, EDS, Marpet and Chirbus but the new guys will get their snaps so that next year, Mankins and EDS are outa here. Obviously two more stud Olinemen will be drafted next year and we should be a lot closer to plugging all the gapping holes. Then it's just experience from there . I do think overall, the line, with Koetter calling the plays, will be a lot better but that is like the tallest midget argument. Go Bucs!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Center is not a plug and play position. If Winston was a vet, this could work but.. haha. I’m ready to get over .500 this year!

Please wait…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.