Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The weekly chat will be hosted by Mark Cook today beginning at 11 a.m. so get your questions ready and join in. A full transcript will be made available following the live eventhttps://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9764:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid chat. Personally I think moving the draft back two weeks has been a big freaking DUD! This has gone on long enough. Hopefully the NFL gives the fans what they want, the draft in late April.Also, the move to Clayborn to LDE..... Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't his Erb's Palsy limit his effectiveness there? And if so, is that a hidden reason his option is not being picked up? OK, Aaron Murray in the third.....LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv, always respect your opinion and regarding moving the draft to a later date this year, you do seem to be in the majority.  Just my two cents, I’ve always wanted the draft to be later than April due to the lapse of mostly “nothingness” that occurs from draft time up till camp time.  Seems like anything reported newsworthy about the Bucs in June or July is usually bad, ex. player gets injured playing basketball, arrested at airport carrying a weapon, or is a no-show for his own camp for kids.  I know there are minicamps and such, and we do get a small taste of what the team is doing.  But the draft is like the last big thing until camp and therefore I always try to milk it for all it’s worth.  It won’t happen, but if the draft were held even later, say at the end of May, there would only be two months of no Buc news.  I realize I’m in the minority.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also a guess why some in the national media are blasting it.  It both delays and shortens their vacations.  I can understand that.  I don’t care, but I understand, lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I confess part of my not liking the draft in May is not being able to comfortably view it at home or a draft function then. It’s a busy work cycle for me in May and I’ll only be able to sneak peeks on my smart phone or computer at work. That SUCKS! LOL The draft always was like a holiday weekend for me, no more. I also think two days is enough, rounds 1,2 and three on Saturday the rest on Sunday. that was far and away the best format IMO. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

isn’t the May timeframe sweeps week? Wasn’t that the impetus for the change?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv,I agree. No way it needs to be in May and absolutely positively do not like the Thursday, Friday, Saturday schedule.It used to be a week-end. You made plans for it with friends and neighbors, cookouts, the works. Can't do that on Thursday nite and the impetus is gone on Friday late, so who cares on Saturday. Went to a PR draft Bucs party on day 3 and we all sat at two tables- disgusting.!.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

isn't the May timeframe sweeps week? Wasn't that the impetus for the change?

While it's true it IS in the sweeps time frame, the overnight ratings are good enough to make it a huge success. But knowing most fans work on Fridays and having the first two rounds on Thursday and Friday nights instead of the weekend really limits things. The BEST draft parties and functions were on the weekends when everyone, or most everyone could easily go. The move to May makes it impossible for me to go though I realize that's pure selfishness. I still also believe that the wait is far too long and that the fans certainly are ready NOW. And I do not believe for a second the teams are not ready as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nice job Mark – enjoyed the q&a session

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks, truthfully I hate the May Draft. I know is sounds like whining but yeah it does affect us taking time off. We get no time off during the season, other than the bye week. But I normally take my vacation in June anyway. People ask me what I do in the offseason. I normally smack them on the forehead and walk away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

May draft sucks – by this point I’m burnt out on draft talk and even as a fan having two months of “nothingness” is a good thing, makes you excited for football to come back. Conspiracy theory: the draft was moved back to May so the Bucs could leak 4 more reports about their interest in Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks, truthfully I hate the May Draft. I know is sounds like whining but yeah it does affect us taking time off. We get no time off during the season, other than the bye week. But I normally take my vacation in June anyway. People ask me what I do in the offseason. I normally smack them on the forehead and walk away.

LOL Well done!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark, now that we know the schedule, any word out of One Buc as to when we can expect Derrick Brooks’ Ring of Honor induction to occur? And has the team had any luck getting the league to reverse the silly helmet rule so we can have a throwback game again? (What’s interesting is that both of these events normally would occur in the middle of the season, and the home doubles to start and end with don’t leave much in the way of options for those games.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark, now that we know the schedule, any word out of One Buc as to when we can expect Derrick Brooks' Ring of Honor induction to occur? And has the team had any luck getting the league to reverse the silly helmet rule so we can have a throwback game again? (What's interesting is that both of these events normally would occur in the middle of the season, and the home doubles to start and end with don't leave much in the way of options for those games.)

Still a little early. They just got the schedule themselves and have to do some planning to get it all coordinated. I am with you, it has to be 55 right? No word on the helmet deal yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have mixed feelings about the draft being moved back. It does get a bit old, but it also gives me time to watch some of the videos of players I’d only have an inkling of before (I do, in fact, work full-time). Also, my kids' schedule would have totally wrecked the draft for me this weekend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m with Garv about the timing of the draft!  I HATE the delay!  It just seemed as though Draft Day would never get here.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.