Viewing 81 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

This year’s draft has a great amount of talent at wide receiver, tight end and offensive line, all of which are positions of need for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2014. Here is Eric Dellaratta’s first-round mock draft for all 32 NFL teams. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9767:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a fan of WRs in the top 10 unless they are Megatron type freaks….which Mike Evans is not. Give me QB, OT, CB, or pass rusher in the top 10. So in this scenario I’d take Blake Bortles, Aaron Donald, or Kyle Fuller before I thought about taking Mike Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hope in that scenario that they’d land Teddy in the second round somehow..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hope in that scenario that they'd land Teddy in the second round somehow..

Might have to move back into the first....just don't see him making it past all the QB needy teams in front of the Bucs, TWICE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although I like Evans I would have a hard time passing on Bortles there.  Although if all three QB’s were still on the board it may be a perfect time to trade back a little bit to a team like the Titans trying to jump ahead of the Vikings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pass on JFF for a WR that doesn’t have speed in space? In a draft with 15 highly rated WRs? That’s a mistake IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like evans and think he will be good at the nfl level, maybe even great.But the bucs should not pass on manziel or bortles. That would be a huge mistake that will last several seasons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a fan of WRs in the top 10 unless they are Megatron type freaks....which Mike Evans is not. Give me QB, OT, CB, or pass rusher in the top 10. So in this scenario I'd take Blake Bortles, Aaron Donald, or Kyle Fuller before I thought about taking Mike Evans.

I think that mentality is flawed. You have to think in relative terms with the players available in a particular draft. While positional value may be higher to a team based on their scheme and the players they have, that doesn't mean that a receiver (not necessarily a Megatron type) isn't more talented than other players at the positions you mentioned. I personally think that Evans will be a better pro than any of the players you mentioned, minus perhaps Aaron Donald. Hell, I think he'll be the best receiver in this draft and only guys like Clowney (if he's not lazy), Robinson, Mack and Donald are rated higher with Watkins and Matthews not far behind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charlie Campbell is pretty adamant that if Bortles is there, we’ll take him. Stay tuned!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charlie Campbell is pretty adamant that if Bortles is there, we'll take him. Stay tuned!!

Makes a lot of sense to me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charlie Campbell is pretty adamant that if Bortles is there, we'll take him. Stay tuned!!

Wasnt he also adamant that we would take a TE early last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft is deep in WR’s.Value in the top ten  is their QB, OT or DE.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be upset if they do pick Evans...  or any of the elite talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a fan of WRs in the top 10 unless they are Megatron type freaks....which Mike Evans is not. Give me QB, OT, CB, or pass rusher in the top 10. So in this scenario I'd take Blake Bortles, Aaron Donald, or Kyle Fuller before I thought about taking Mike Evans.

Im not a fan of it either and never have been. I do think Evans may be the most dominant receiver since Calvin Johnson though. 6'5" 230lbs 4.5 40time, moves smooth like a receiver, 37 inch vert, fantastic hands, and the production on the field to back it all up. He is absolutely a rare freak WR prospect. Crazy thing is his body and game doesnt look peaked. He looks like he can get stronger, faster, and better at running routes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://t.co/lSxlh47zYQ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not a fan of it either and never have been. I do think Evans may be the most dominant receiver since Calvin Johnson though. 6'5" 230lbs 4.5 40time, moves smooth like a receiver, 37 inch vert, fantastic hands, and the production on the field to back it all up. He is absolutely a rare freak WR prospect. Crazy thing is his body and game doesnt look peaked. He looks like he can get stronger, faster, and better at running routes.

Yeah, Evans is definitely a physical freak. We need a young playmaker on the outside to compliment and eventually takeover as the #1 in a couple years. Only problem is that this is a deep WR class and you can probably get Moncrief or Matthews later and get similar type of production. If we pass on Evans for a QB, I’ll understand, but any other position is unacceptable. Honestly see him going #5 to the Raiders. We’re going to be taking Bridgewater at #7 next week IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although Megatron and Evans are similar in height and weight, they are nothing alike. Megatron looks like a machine while Evans looks soft. Gotta wonder why he isn’t maxed out like most draft prospects. Is he not committed to the gym? Does he not have the work ethic? As far as him being a freak like Megatron.....no. Megatron jumped 42" in the vertical compared to Evan's 37" Megatron jumped an amazing 11'7" in the broad jump which I believe is the best ever by anyone.....Evans decides to not do the broad jump at the combine or his pro day. Megatron ran a ridiculous 4.35 forty while Evans ran a 4.53.Mike Evans is nowhere near Megatron. He is a great athlete for his size but he is not a freak. He is actually a long strider that lacks great agility. He won in college by using his size, body control, and hands. He can do that in the NFL too, but he won't have the same level of success he had in college. He has to get stronger and quicker or he is going to be a disappointment that only shows up in the redzone. In my opinion he's make a better TE than WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, Evans is definitely a physical freak. We need a young playmaker on the outside to compliment and eventually takeover as the #1 in a couple years. Only problem is that this is a deep WR class and you can probably get Moncrief or Matthews later and get similar type of production. If we pass on Evans for a QB, I'll understand, but any other position is unacceptable. Honestly see him going #5 to the Raiders. We're going to be taking Bridgewater at #7 next week IMO

If it's not a QB or Evans  it's unacceptable???McCown looks like he's pulling a Rich Gannon (who retired just shy of 40) and a back up in Glennon who is in his 2nd year that did some really good things as a rookie...The logic behind such a statement is what's  unacceptable...to me anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Normally I would agree with Jdub in avoiding WR’s early, as so many become headcases. Evans seems to be extraordinarily grounded for a guy so talented. Take him, and we’re set at WR for years to come. There will still be talented QBs in the 2nd round.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap2000000328352/Evans-would-enjoy-playing-with-Peyton-Manning

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, Evans is definitely a physical freak. We need a young playmaker on the outside to compliment and eventually takeover as the #1 in a couple years. Only problem is that this is a deep WR class and you can probably get Moncrief or Matthews later and get similar type of production. If we pass on Evans for a QB, I'll understand, but any other position is unacceptable. Honestly see him going #5 to the Raiders. We're going to be taking Bridgewater at #7 next week IMO

Totally fine by me. That would give us the QB that Ive been waiting for. Accurate short-medium game who can go through his prgoression as good as the best of them, with enough mobility to escape pressure, and the arm talent to throw on the run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans seems to be extraordinarily grounded for a guy so talented.

Actually most scouting reports comment on his immaturity and sideline tantrums.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he grades out very similar to Brandon Marshall. Comparing Mike Evans to CJ isn’t fair- CJ is a once in a generation physical talent. Would you take a young Brandon Marshall at #7? Changes things a bit huh?.... check B Marshall's numbers from the combine:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_MarshallAlmost the same as Mike Evans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jdub, I’m not trying to compare Evans measurables Calvin Johnson. We all know Calvin’s blow everyone’s out of the water. What I said is Evans may be the most dominant WR prospect since Calvin Johnson which I firmly stand by. To say that is completely independent of Calvin Johnson. It’s more so comparing all the WR prospects after Calvin was taken. Comparing them to Evans that is. Production+game tape+ measurables make him the most dominant WR since megaton in my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he grades out very similar to Brandon Marshall. Comparing Mike Evans to CJ isn't fair- CJ is a once in a generation physical talent. Would you take a young Brandon Marshall at #7? Changes things a bit huh?.... check B Marshall's numbers from the combine:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_MarshallAlmost the same as Mike Evans

Spot on. And yes I would take a young Brandon marshal at 7 for us currently. Not every year. Right now in our situation? Yes and that's what I think taking Evans at 7 would be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although Megatron and Evans are similar in height and weight, they are nothing alike. Megatron looks like a machine while Evans looks soft. Gotta wonder why he isn't maxed out like most draft prospects. Is he not committed to the gym? Does he not have the work ethic? As far as him being a freak like Megatron.....no. Megatron jumped 42" in the vertical compared to Evan's 37" Megatron jumped an amazing 11'7" in the broad jump which I believe is the best ever by anyone.....Evans decides to not do the broad jump at the combine or his pro day. Megatron ran a ridiculous 4.35 forty while Evans ran a 4.53.Mike Evans is nowhere near Megatron. He is a great athlete for his size but he is not a freak. He is actually a long strider that lacks great agility. He won in college by using his size, body control, and hands. He can do that in the NFL too, but he won't have the same level of success he had in college. He has to get stronger and quicker or he is going to be a disappointment that only shows up in the redzone. In my opinion he's make a better TE than WR.

Nobody is calling him Megatron. Evans isn't as chiseled as him but to call him "soft' is by far the dumbest thing to say. Evans is a beast and doesn't shy away from any contact. And, your last sentence in the first paragraph is even more stupid. The guy is 20 YEARS OLD, he won't be 21 yet until late August. Of course he is not going to max out yet.I get it, he ran a faster time and jumped higher. Cool, still doesn't take away the fact that 4.53 is a great time for somebody to be his size. Evans is a freak in his own right. He has got some Brandon Marshall like ability in him. Brandon Marshall doesn't run a 4.35 and didn't jump a 42"? In fact, B-Marsh ran a 4.52 and jumped a 37" at the combine, so you mean to tell me Marshall is not a freak?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although Megatron and Evans are similar in height and weight, they are nothing alike. Megatron looks like a machine while Evans looks soft. Gotta wonder why he isn't maxed out like most draft prospects. Is he not committed to the gym? Does he not have the work ethic? As far as him being a freak like Megatron.....no. Megatron jumped 42" in the vertical compared to Evan's 37" Megatron jumped an amazing 11'7" in the broad jump which I believe is the best ever by anyone.....Evans decides to not do the broad jump at the combine or his pro day. Megatron ran a ridiculous 4.35 forty while Evans ran a 4.53.Mike Evans is nowhere near Megatron. He is a great athlete for his size but he is not a freak. He is actually a long strider that lacks great agility. He won in college by using his size, body control, and hands. He can do that in the NFL too, but he won't have the same level of success he had in college. He has to get stronger and quicker or he is going to be a disappointment that only shows up in the redzone. In my opinion he's make a better TE than WR.

Nobody is calling him Megatron. Evans isn't as chiseled as him but to call him "soft' is by far the dumbest thing to say. Evans is a beast and doesn't shy away from any contact. And, your last sentence in the first paragraph is even more stupid. The guy is 20 YEARS OLD, he won't be 21 yet until late August. Of course he is not going to max out yet.I get it, he ran a faster time and jumped higher. Cool, still doesn't take away the fact that 4.53 is a great time for somebody to be his size. Evans is a freak in his own right. He has got some Brandon Marshall like ability in him. Brandon Marshall doesn't run a 4.35 and didn't jump a 42"? In fact, B-Marsh ran a 4.52 and jumped a 37" at the combine, so you mean to tell me Marshall is not a freak?

another +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it's not a QB or Evans  it's unacceptable???McCown looks like he's pulling a Rich Gannon (who retired just shy of 40) and a back up in Glennon who is in his 2nd year that did some really good things as a rookie...The logic behind such a statement is what's  unacceptable...to me anyways.

If we draft our QB for the future, the face of the franchise at #7, then yes I’m for passing on Evans. But, any other position just doesn’t make sense. The offense was DEAD last in terms of total offense in moving the ball. We need some threats on the outside and investing a top 10 pick on a WR solves that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he grades out very similar to Brandon Marshall. Comparing Mike Evans to CJ isn't fair- CJ is a once in a generation physical talent. Would you take a young Brandon Marshall at #7? Changes things a bit huh?.... check B Marshall's numbers from the combine:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_MarshallAlmost the same as Mike Evans

Everyone has their own opinions and none are wrong or right....but that comparison makes me laugh. The fact that Evans had the balls to compare himself to Marshall is hilarious. Marshall's quickness, strength, and toughness are on an entirely different level. Evans has a lot of work to do before he is even close to Marshall imo. I think Evans is a Mike WIlliams clone. Not our Mike Will. The one from USC that flamed out. I'm not saying Evans will flame out, but that is who he most closely resembles imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone has their own opinions and none are wrong or right....but that comparison makes me laugh. The fact that Evans had the balls to compare himself to Marshall is hilarious. Marshall's quickness, strength, and toughness are on an entirely different level. Evans has a lot of work to do before he is even close to Marshall imo. I think Evans is a Mike WIlliams clone. Not our Mike Will. The one from USC that flamed out. I'm not saying Evans will flame out, but that is who he most closely resembles imo.

Sure we each have our own opinions and you think Evans compared to Marhsall is a joke, and he compares more to Mike Williams. This is more of an assumption than an opinion, but I think perhaps you are drunk right now.Even still. you were a big fan of Mike Williams. and if Mike Williams was 6'5" and didnt quit the team, he would have been drafted before both Dez Bryant and D. Thomas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reread my post bro.I clearly said "Not our Mike Will. The one from USC that flamed out."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reread my post bro.I clearly said "Not our Mike Will. The one from USC that flamed out."

Ah. maybe Im the one drinking

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are the same size/speed ratio but they play different styles of games. Marshall has never been a deep down the field threat and at this point will never be. Marshall is an elite short-intermediate WR and has a large catch radius. Evans plays more like our own Vincent Jackson. Evans will be a bigger playmaker than Marshall at the next level. Marshall is a career 12 yards per catch, move the chain WR, while Evans will probably be in the 15-16 area like VJ. Evans is a deep down passing game threat like #83 here. Evans doesn't drop open passes as often Marshall/Jackson has either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/mike-evans?id=2543468http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/julio-jones?id=2495454Not the same athletically as Julio.  The Brandon Marshall comparisons are spot on.  Marshall was almost identical height/weight, 40, and vert at combine.  I honestly don't remember Brandon at UCF.  I don't know how he played in college.  From early on in the NFL though he played receiver with more physicality then I see from Evans on tape. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 Spot on! Evans is by no means "soft". Dude is an exceptional blocker....loves it in fact.....doesn't shy away from contact. Great at using his physicality to out muscle DBs and gain position. Has a tremendous catch radius. Dude is going to be a stud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we should.  Id be stoked.  give us some hope for the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 Spot on! Evans is by no means "soft". Dude is an exceptional blocker....loves it in fact.....doesn't shy away from contact. Great at using his physicality to out muscle DBs and gain position. Has a tremendous catch radius. Dude is going to be a stud.

Jdubs beanie often cuts off the blood flow.  says some stupid ass things sometimes.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I like the Evans and Marshall comparison. Evans plays a lot more like Marshall than he does VJax, Megatron(him being compared to him is beyond me), Jeffery, etc. Evans is a good player, but not sold on him as a top 10 player. I would much rather have a speedier guy to compliment Jackson, but I wouldn’t be mad if we ended up with Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see SR’s horrible Carr pick get rectified in this installment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jdubs beanie often cuts off the blood flow.  says some stupid ass things sometimes.

LOLz !!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasnt he also adamant that we would take a TE early last year?

i don't recall

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

was either him or walter who said they knew for a fact we’d be taking a TE early

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve typically compared him to V-Jax, but I definitely see the Brandon Marshall comparisons – especially when you think of what Marshall was coming out of college. BMW? I don't really see that one - I thought BMW looked a lot more sluggish as a collegiate player than Evans does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

was either him or walter who said they knew for a fact we'd be taking a TE early

I seem to remember that too...but that was before they decided to trade the 1st rounder to the Jets. Several linked us to Eifert at #13

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would you take a young Brandon Marshall at #7?

hell yea!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hell yea!!!

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hell yea!!!

1374.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

giphy.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hell yea!!!

1374.gif

tumblr_inline_mv32zxvwyb1rksn7b.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jdub, I'm not trying to compare Evans measurables Calvin Johnson. We all know Calvin's blow everyone's out of the water. What I said is Evans may be the most dominant WR prospect since Calvin Johnson which I firmly stand by. To say that is completely independent of Calvin Johnson. It's more so comparing all the WR prospects after Calvin was taken. Comparing them to Evans that is. Production+game tape+ measurables make him the most dominant WR since megaton in my opinion.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've typically compared him to V-Jax, but I definitely see the Brandon Marshall comparisons - especially when you think of what Marshall was coming out of college. BMW? I don't really see that one - I thought BMW looked a lot more sluggish as a collegiate player than Evans does.

Mike Evans ran a faster short shuttle than Sammy Watkins. His downfield cuts are exceptional. He creates seperation with just a few strides. Its all there on film. If anyone has any doubts just watch the Alabama and Auburn games. He runs like a 40 yard curl route and high points the ball in one of those games ... Im rambling. He is unstoppable against colleges best teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about LSU and Missouri? He was awful. Do we ignore that two game stretch to end the season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about LSU and Missouri? He was awful. Do we ignore that two game stretch to end the season?

His QB sucked ass against LSU but you conveniently ignore that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch the games and tell me who sucked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His QB sucked ass against LSU but you conveniently ignore that.

Boom !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense was too disciplined for them…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we don’t draft a QB, I’d love Evans and ASJ. Very nice targets for McCown to work with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we don't draft a QB, I'd love Evans and ASJ. Very nice targets for McCown to work with.

While I'm not a fan of taking Evans at #7...it could be worse. I'd gladly take him over Carr.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we don't draft a QB, I'd love Evans and ASJ. Very nice targets for McCown to work with.

While I'm not a fan of taking Evans at #7...it could be worse. I'd gladly take him over Carr.  ;D

I know you'd prefer Donald there. But, I guess I'm being extremely biased toward the offense. Lol. And yes, if we draft Carr, hide the babies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Carr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we are drafting Carr. I also think he will surprise people

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Bridge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Bridge.

I'm thinking Carr is the guy, bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Bridge.

And we will nickname him SkyWay. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^ its gonna happen ^^

Bridge.

And we will nickname him SkyWay.

Isn't that the name of the bridge 10lbbass and Calico are going to jump off after the draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i’ve already alerted the transportation authority

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i've already alerted the transportation authority

Good call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Carr @ #7 I’ll be right there next to em. Geronimo!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Carr @ #7 I'll be right there next to em. Geronimo!

Won't let you. Unlike them, you bring something to this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

anyone but carr please

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the Carr hate pretty much guarantees he’ll be the best QB out of this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Hate said he thinks we will draft him…..so we won’t. Big sigh of relief right here! :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just watched LSU and there were about 7 uncatchable balls or balls thrown out of bounds in that game. He had 1 drop and blocked well.JFF was a piece of garbage in that game. Evans had to make 2 circuis catches just to walk away with 4 receptions. The more I watch JFF the more I realize he is not going to make it in the NFL. He was terrible bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love for somebody to show me the plays where Evans doesn’t play physical. (Game, quarter and minute mark of the game would be great) Knock the guy for not getting a ton of separation on his shorter routes, but not being physical is silly. If there is WR that is better at coming back to football in this draft I don’t know who that is, something Brandon Marshall excels at and V-Jax struggles with.  I keep hearing Evans and V-Jax are the same WR they are different with how each of them works back to the QB.  I have watched the LSU game three times and Johnny just sucked in that game.  Everyone develops bias for and against players for one reason or another it happens, but people who act like they are the only ones who watch and understand football are awesomely funny.  I actually don’t think we will have a chance at drafting Evans and 20 year old who attacks the ball in the air with his length, the way he does is going to be good in today’s NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just watched LSU and there were about 7 uncatchable balls or balls thrown out of bounds in that game. He had 1 drop and blocked well.JFF was a piece of garbage in that game. Evans had to make 2 circuis catches just to walk away with 4 receptions. The more I watch JFF the more I realize he is not going to make it in the NFL. He was terrible bro.

The more I watch Manziel and realize each situation he is in would look drastically different in the NFL, the more concerned I get with him adapting to the NFL. Very risky investment in my opinion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Hate said he thinks we will draft him.....so we won't. Big sigh of relief right here! :D

I didn't say i wanted him, i said i think he'll be the pick. Big difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love for somebody to show me the plays where Evans doesn't play physical. (Game, quarter and minute mark of the game would be great) Knock the guy for not getting a ton of separation on his shorter routes, but not being physical is silly.

He's just not physical....ousux.0_standard_709.0.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love for somebody to show me the plays where Evans doesn't play physical.

If you are referring to my "soft" comment, I was referring to his physique. I think it's fair to question why he isn't in better shape. As far as his on field play, I don't think that is soft at all. Being physical and bullying smaller college players is actually one of his best attributes.I don't hate Mike Evans. I think he is a really big, physical guy with good speed and great hands. Good body control. Good competitiveness. I think he is a very good prospect and will make some team happy. I just don't think he is a top 10 pick.The things I don't like about him is that he lacks the suddenness/burst to stop on a dime and redirect. I see a guy that runs post, fade, and go routes and beats college competition with his size....but I don't see him doing many dig routes or curl routes. If he had the quickness and burst to run the full route tree consistently I would much more comfortable with him in the top 10. Maybe he can run those routes and Texas A&M just didn't ask him to, but if he wasn't running therm because he lacks the stop/start and change of direction to get separation in college....then that is going to limit his effectiveness in the NFL. So that worries me.I question his character too. I've read far to many things about him being immature and throwing tantrums in game on the sidelines to feel good about his character. When I see that his physique is a little undefined and "soft" it also makes me wonder how dedicated he is. These aren't huge things that would make me not want him at all, but they do make me hesitant to take him in the top 10. In the end, I think his size, speed, and hands make him too good of a prospect to pass up and somebody will indeed take him in the top 10. If it's us, then so be it. I'll support this guy and get excited about having two great big targets. I just don't think he is the best value at pick seven. Take "need" out of the equation and I don't think he will be the best player or best value at that point. We could do a lot worse though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

let em jump!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

let em jump!

So cruel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God, I just want it to be draft day already. *sighs*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love for somebody to show me the plays where Evans doesn't play physical.

If you are referring to my "soft" comment, I was referring to his physique. I think it's fair to question why he isn't in better shape. As far as his on field play, I don't think that is soft at all. Being physical and bullying smaller college players is actually one of his best attributes.

I see now what you are saying about being "soft" interesting take on him.  One of the more intriguing hires this year is the Texas A&M strength and conditioning coach is now a Buc.  I think these guys no more about a players work ethic than his football coaches.  He should have good insight on Evans, Johnny and Jake.  I think the hardest thing about the draft and why it's such a crapshoot is it's hard to quantify heart and work ethic. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t realize our S&C trainer was from Texas A&M. I agree with your take. The trainer know better than anyone which guys really put in the work. Good stuff!

Please wait…

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.