Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

This year’s draft has a great amount of talent at wide receiver, tight end and offensive line, all of which are positions of need for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2014. Here is Eric Dellaratta’s first-round mock draft for all 32 NFL teams. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9767:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do not believe the hype coming out of one Buc place!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m tired of the guessing. The May draft is a terrible idea and I’m worn out waiting.I'm sure of this, what ever happens some will like it and most will think they could do better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm tired of the guessing. The May draft is a terrible idea and I'm worn out waiting.I'm sure of this, what ever happens some will like it and most will think they could do better.

You can't forget that most of the folks on these boards missed their calling as NFL GM's

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too wish the draft had ended…MC/SR-  I can't do the chat due to my work schedule so have to to ask you all this through the message board.About a week ago you stated that you thought Derek Carr was our first draft pick.  Now you are saying you think that you believe Mike Evans will be the pick even as you reasonably state that trading down is a real possibility for us.  However, given that Bortles and Donald were brought up as options at #7 and Carr was not, I am now assuming you believe Carr is no longer a probability.  What I do not understand is what has happened to make you believe that not only is Carr no longer our pick but that he has seemingly fallen out of contention in just a week.  Even as I know that the mock drafts are just guesses, I take your opinions as grounded in things you have learned.  Something has obviously happened here...what was it?  Thanks in advance for your insight.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm tired of the guessing. The May draft is a terrible idea and I'm worn out waiting.I'm sure of this, what ever happens some will like it and most will think they could do better.

You can't forget that most of the folks on these boards missed their calling as NFL GM's

I know one  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess I’m probably one of those annoying “amateur GM” types.  I wouldn’t second-guess a talent evaluation so much because I don’t have the expertise or film room hours to do that, but I do perk up when I see the team doing something illogical that seems contrary to their best interests.  I thought the Revis trade was one of those illogical moves, and I think tossing away Glennon for a mid-round pick would be another.  He may not be a future star but he acquitted himself pretty well in the face of significant adversity, IMHO.  My ideal draft would be Donald with our first, best interior lineman with the second, best speed receiver with the third, and then best available athletes (take a chance on small school guys with potential, avoid injury histories and character problems).  Then, evaluate Glennon this year when he has a chance to learn from a veteran QB who isn’t an idiot and play behind a line that isn’t getting him killed.  If the coaches still don’t like him, trade him then and draft a QB next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess I'm probably one of those annoying "amateur GM" types.  I wouldn't second-guess a talent evaluation so much because I don't have the expertise or film room hours to do that, but I do perk up when I see the team doing something illogical that seems contrary to their best interests.  I thought the Revis trade was one of those illogical moves, and I think tossing away Glennon for a mid-round pick would be another.  He may not be a future star but he acquitted himself pretty well in the face of significant adversity, IMHO.  My ideal draft would be Donald with our first, best interior lineman with the second, best speed receiver with the third, and then best available athletes (take a chance on small school guys with potential, avoid injury histories and character problems).  Then, evaluate Glennon this year when he has a chance to learn from a veteran QB who isn't an idiot and play behind a line that isn't getting him killed.  If the coaches still don't like him, trade him then and draft a QB next year.

+1 on the entire post. Unfortunately, I believe Glennon will be wearing a different uniform in a week or so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m afraid you’re right, Sweep, unless this is all smoke to get someone to move ahead of us for a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know one  8)

Now who would THAT be Hate?  LOL!!As to the draft, while I prefer a 1st round WR, if we took Donald in the first, a WR in the 2nd and a G in the 3rd I would be pretty happy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know one  8)

Now who would THAT be Hate?  LOL!!As to the draft, while I prefer a 1st round WR, if we took Donald in the first, a WR in the 2nd and a G in the 3rd I would be pretty happy.

When do we get our QB, Joe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe the purpose of this site is to be able to play the amateur GM and Coach if one would like?  I have learned a lot over the years with Pewter Report; all facets.  I believe every post by each subscribes understands that they are amateur’s with very little information provided from inside the Buccaneers organization.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i’m sure a great many of us amateurs could GM the team to consistent losing. Doesn’t take any special talents to do that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know one  8)

If we take one in the first round, I hope two things:    1.  It isn't Johnny Football    2.  We trade down before we do it.That being said, it is feeling more and more like it is going to be Derek Carr.  Personally, I like Bortles better.  I also wouldn't mind at all it being a 2nd round QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know one  8)

If we take one in the first round, I hope two things:    1.  It isn't Johnny Football    2.  We trade down before we do it.That being said, it is feeling more and more like it is going to be Derek Carr.  Personally, I like Bortles better.  I also wouldn't mind at all it being a 2nd round QB.

Funny, I've come around to thinking Carr might be the best fit here. Such a student of the game, size, arm and mobility. He might be the guy! But I have no janitor giving me "inside" information or illusions of being more informed that the guys at One Buc. Whomever they take at 7 or at the spot they trade up or down to will be a player they have done their homework on. Even more than I can with PR and my Sports Illustrated draft issue.Today I heard quite a lot of talk on how bad a fit Mike Evans would be here. And yet most mock (perfect word for it) drafts have him a lock here. It's wild and I know that I know about as much as to who the Buccaneers will actually pick as any other "expert" or fantasy GM.............SQUAT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be unhappy if they pick Carr in the first. I just hope we I can trade down and pick up at least a 3rd before using it on Carr.  There will be a good receiver available in the 2nd round or we could perhaps move back up into the first round and get even a higher quality WR. Then if we can get a real quality G, IMO we would be in good shape, being able to use the remainder of our picks increasing the talent and depth of our roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goodell said today the draft was moved to May because Radio City Music Hall had another event during the regular time. That’s a big oopsies in their part IMHO as the draft is one of the biggest events held there. He said the NFL is looking for other venues now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@PR….no draft party this year???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know one  8)

Funny, I've come around to thinking Carr might be the best fit here. Such a student of the game, size, arm and mobility. He might be the guy! But I have no janitor giving me "inside" information or illusions of being more informed that the guys at One Buc. Whomever they take at 7 or at the spot they trade up or down to will be a player they have done their homework on. Even more than I can with PR and my Sports Illustrated draft issue.Today I heard quite a lot of talk on how bad a fit Mike Evans would be here. And yet most mock (perfect word for it) drafts have him a lock here. It's wild and I know that I know about as much as to who the Buccaneers will actually pick as any other "expert" or fantasy GM.............SQUAT.

The good thing about all the "mocks" going with Evans to us is that there are at least three teams that could be interested in a trade up to #7 to get him.

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.