Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/pewterreport-com-predicts-7-9-record-for-bucs-in-2015/

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

if the Bcs have a 5 game losing streak midway thru Lovie’s second season, then team has regressed, NO team should put together 5 game losing streaks in a staffs second yearI agree, 7-9 8-8, but no way is a 5 game losing streak half way thru year showing promisethis is Lovies team, he churned this roster, and he failed if Bucs lose 5 in a row

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6-10 at best.The oline is pretty bad.  D line doesn't get pressure.  Rookie QB.  7-9 is probably on the optimistic side.  You have the pollyannas and the chicken littles.  It is usually somewhere in between.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-12. O-Line, folks. LiLo have completely screwed this up since their arrival and it has gotten no better. Add that to a rookie with a penchant for turnovers and there you go. Only silver lining is that we have several promising youngsters that we can build around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think 6 wins is the maximum we can hope for. A rookie QB and a mish mash OL does not bode well for offensive success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bottomline is we are not a playoff team yet, I just want to see these guys compete.  I do not want to see any lopsided victories like the Ravens game last year.  Or hear from one of our defensive players that they didn’t have enough time to get set in a no huddle situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sorry, but I don’t see us going 4-2 in the division.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching the Browns absolutely destroy this o-line has finally broken my optimism. If they play well, I’ll be pleasantly surprised but I’m not going to get my hopes up like last season only to watch the season go up in flames every Sunday. Right now, I don't see improvement on the line. Doesn't mean they can't improve. I think we are where we are at week 1 last year regarding their performance. With Jameis learning the game, this could be bad. The only bright side is that the running game might be improved.

Please wait…

• mdclarie

Participant

16-0! A new day is born! Jameis for MVP! Super bowl! Woo!!!No really, 5-7 wins is likely anything under or over would be shocking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey MC, according to your predictions, we only go 3-3 in our division, not 4-2.  Looks like you have the Bucs splitting with all of their division opponents."Aside from winning four NFC South division games..."Bucs go 6-10

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

funny we do not have another prediction thread this yearanyway, after going thru the schedule and everything else, I'd say 5-11 at best

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6-10 at best.The oline is pretty bad.  D line doesn't get pressure.  Rookie QB.  7-9 is probably on the optimistic side.  You have the pollyannas and the chicken littles.  It is usually somewhere in between.

Agreed.6-10.  Too many problems that will have to be addressed with another off season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only team on that schedule that we are clearly better than is Washington.  Outside of them, I believe Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta are toss ups.  The rest of their opponents are clearly the better team.  I see the Bucs finishing anywhere with 1 to 4 wins.  Anything more would be considered a surprise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they manage 7-9, most of us would be ecstatic. The key is staying healthy. We face some brutal D’lines, so me thinks we will struggle. On the plus side, our D looks much improved  at S and LB, a key to the Tampa 2. But, unless Doug Martin runs wild beyond just the first game, I see a long season…

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

I believe that the Giants game is a very winnable game. The only thing the Giants has going for them may be their receivers. Eli is good but not unbeatable. I believe Eli is usually a QB with a high interception number year in year out. I don’t see much of a running game. Both teams has receiving corps that the other team should fear. The Giants defense isn’t as feared as it once was. I believe that this game comes down to two factors: Turnovers and Run game. Whoever dominates in both categories will most likely win the game. I can see everything else you mention happening plus a win against the Giants which would put the team at 8-8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only team on that schedule that we are clearly better than is Washington.  Outside of them, I believe Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta are toss ups.  The rest of their opponents are clearly the better team. 

could you name the starting OL for any of those teams?  could you name the starting WRs for carolina or chi?  could you name the starting DL for chi or atl?  how about the LBs?without looking it up, of course.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Watching the Browns absolutely destroy this o-line has finally broken my optimism.

You paid attention to preseason and let it impact you? You've mentally lost before the season even starts. Why bother watching if the preseason can destroy you like that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heart says 10-6Mind says 5-11

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only team on that schedule that we are clearly better than is Washington.  Outside of them, I believe Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta are toss ups.  The rest of their opponents are clearly the better team. 

could you name the starting OL for any of those teams?  could you name the starting WRs for carolina or chi?  could you name the starting DL for chi or atl?  how about the LBs?without looking it up, of course.

That's why I said those games are toss up's, because fans of those teams can say the exact same thing about us.  Outside of McCoy, Davis, Jackson, and Evans, virtually everyone of the other players on this team are unproven rookies, journeyman vets with no upside, or generic roster fodder.  Each one of those teams have some very good players, just like we do, but the rest... blah.  Hence, toss up.  Plus, they have the "X" factor.  Meaning, they don't have Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For the Bucs to be better than 4/5 win team:1.) Doug will need to run like its 2012.  So far he looks like that might be possible.  2.) Marpet and Smith will need to mature quickly.  My goodness both were horrendous in preseason.  Marpet might be the worst starter in the league at any position.  If it isn't him, then it is Smith.  I have some marginal hope they can learn to run block but both guys are 5 alarm fires on pass blocking.  3.) The D will need to step it up and be a turn over machine.  This is possible too but it will take the DE's to figure it out.  They closed out pretty well the 2nd half last year, but for reasons known only to them, they ignored the pass rush, which is kind of important, but thats just me.  Signing Chris Conte was about as stupid a move as we have seen since the glory years of Bruce Allen.  4.) Winston will need to have an excellent rookie year.  Im not expecting Luck or RG3 (as a rookie) but I need to see way better than we saw in preseason.  He looked great vs Cincy but pretty bad otherwise.  It was preseason, and he didnt have time to develop much of a relationship with our two WR's and of the course the OLine is the worst in the game.  Im no fan of Winston and I havent seen anything that makes me think he is a franchise guy but to be fair, the OLine is so horrendous, there will be no way to judge him this year.  This team was not ready to draft a QB and so far it looks like they swung and missed on the 2nd round OLinemen.  But it is early.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.