Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

From their Bucs mini-camp day 2:

The Bucs likely won’t re-sign starting right guard Alex Cappa, who is a free agent in 2022, due to cost. Will Aaron Stinnie be Cappa’s replacement? Or will it be a lesser known player like Hutchinson or Nick Leverett, an undrafted free agent from a year ago who can play guard and tackle?

Ummm… Why is Hainsey being focused at learning center? Are we moving on from both Jensen and Cappa in 2022 off-season? Guess we’ll be targeting a starting RG in the top two rounds, hopefully. Otherwise, we’re going to see a repeat of 2018 all over again.

• buc_boi

Participant

Can’t help but to mention Jensen, can ya?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Pewter Report on Hainsey:

After only playing right tackle with the Fighting Irish, Hainsey has been trained exclusively at center during rookie mini-camp and OTAs.

Reading is fundamental. Connecting points requires logic. It’s apparent you have no idea of things that your comment is useless here. It sure would be nice to hold a conversation with people talking about said conversation.

• buc_boi

Participant

Pewter Report on Hainsey:

After only playing right tackle with the Fighting Irish, Hainsey has been trained exclusively at center during rookie mini-camp and OTAs.

Reading is fundamental. Connecting points requires logic. It’s apparent you have no idea of things that your comment is useless here. It sure would be nice to hold a conversation with people talking about said conversation.

Did the question mark fool ya?

We all know you can’t help but to mention Jensen, people with Superiority complexes tend to have a harder time getting over being wrong versus people who are emotionally stable.

Please don’t let anything I’m saying stop you from looking too far into Meaningless offseason OTAs… do you, by all means.

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Like I said, you cannot follow logic. Kinda difficult to hold a conversation when one doesn’t possess the capacity to follow logic.

Did I make Hainsey train specifically at center? Huh. I must have this amazing power of persuasion! You think I possess this power?! huh.

• Pennywise

Participant

I think Capps is back , Hainsey will replace Jensen

Bucs will have plenty of money , players won’t be back
      Suh
      JPP
      Lenny
      Bernard
      McClendon
      AB
      Gabbert
      Gholston
      Minter

One possible two of the following
      Gronk
      Howard
      Brate

Brady might call it quits too

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

You know what’s a loss? We could have drafted a center in 2019 draft in the third round. Then Hainsey can focus on being an OT or OG.

2019 NFL draft

Rd 3.
          76. Bucs: RB Vaughn
          78. Falcons: C Hennessy
          83. Broncos: C Cushenberry

Our Oline would have better depth going into the season with either center and OL Hainsey.

• Darktanian

Participant

Hainsey is just training at center to boost his versatility. It does not mean he’ll be a center exclusively in his career. He’ll fill an injury void when & where needed.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

From the recent Fab5 on Pewter Report:

C2 Robert Hainsey > Ted Larsen
        The Bucs had to shuffle the deck and move center Ryan Jensen to guard for a few games while Ali Marpet was out. Tampa Bay inserted veteran A.Q. Shipley at center and he played well until suffering a career-ending neck injury against Los Angeles. That prompted the team to scramble for a backup center and the Bucs signed Earl Watford and Ted Larsen because of their experience in Arians’ system. Neither were re-signed this offseason. Hainsey, the Bucs’ third-round pick is transitioning from right tackle to center and has a very quick first step that shows promise.

We do not possess a center behind Jensen, according to Pewter Report. IMO, I think we keep Cappa and move on from Jensen. It’s possible that Stinnie shows up and can replace Cappa, but Jensen’s replacement is Hainsey because he’s the main backup today. I’m sure Hainsey can fill in at OT since he’s played it before, but Hainsey is specifically being trained at center.

I do recall Cappa being cross-trained at center and RG, but it was mostly RG. We don’t see Cappa shifting to center when injuries hit last year. That’s where Hainsey and Pewter Report make sense that Hainsey is exclusively being groomed as a center.

Stinnie might be the biggest surprise with his playoff performance, though.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Again…Trask. A wasted pick for this reason I mentioned. You gooberish homers.

A guy like Quinn M. Would have been the smart, ideal selection. Terrible pick.

• kenntak

Participant

Sorry, it posted to the wrong thread.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by kenntak. Reason: Wrong thread

• buc-in-out

Participant

We can’t expect to re-sign every single draft pick, if he goes out and has a great season this year there will be a team out there who will give him an above market contract. I’ll take the compensatory pick!

Stinnie looked really good out there replacing him during the playoffs, and we need to get cheaper along the Oline IMO. Don, Wirfs and Ali will be here for a few more years, maybe we re-sign Jensen and Hainsey steps in at RG competing with Stinnie? Maybe Jensen bolts and Hainsey becomes our new center..

There’s no need to panic, returning all 22 starters year after year is not sustainable.

• buccnation

Participant

It all depends on the number but so far Cappa (I like Cappa though) looks replaceable as well as Jenson. Jenson isn’t worth $10 mil but I’d resign him at a lower figure. Every draft is important but these next few drafts (as well as this past draft) are very important for the Bucs.

• JC5100

Participant

Cappa is just a guy. Will likely be overpaid in free agency. Didn’t even notice he was out in the playoffs.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Stinnie/Hainsey or even Hutcherson.

Bucs looking good for the future along the OL.

Build the trenches!

• The Freeman

Participant

Stinnie is just a backup… wasn’t a liability when we needed him on the field but not close to Cappa’s level.
      (after Cappa’s injury, Oline was better with Shipley at C and Jensen at G.)

• RW

Participant

After Cappa’s injury Jensen stayed at center and Stinnie was just fine at RG. When Marpet got hurt Jensen eventually moved to LG and Shipley to center and they were just OK.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Stinnie played well. But still during the playoffs he allowed a sack,

and he got pushed back into lap of Brady twice.

I don’t know the cost of re-signing Cappa.

But he is stronger than Stinnie and Cappa had a good season.

For the games he played (maybe 14 or 15), he allowed 0 sacks,

and only had 2 penalties called on him.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• RW

Participant

It all depends on the number but so far Cappa (I like Cappa though) looks replaceable as well as Jenson. Jenson isn’t worth $10 mil but I’d resign him at a lower figure. Every draft is important but these next few drafts (as well as this past draft) are very important for the Bucs.

Jensen and Cappa are both gone next year. They are the two weakest guys on the OL.

• Barnz1

Participant

They kept predicting in articles the team wouldn’t re-sign everyone this year. Reality is no one knows and it is just best guess.

Anyone predicting with certainty are just lying. A lot will depend with our cap. Suh will retire. JPP might not be re-signed. AB might not be back. What if Brady retires? Gronk?

There could be plenty of money to go around at the end of the day. I think they will try to keep both IOL guys within reason given whoever is the QB is going to rely on a rock solid IOL as they aren’t athletic (Brady or Trask).

• buc_boi

Participant

This topic isn’t about the cap, it’s about a 4 year old argument concerning the offensive lines role in Jameis Winstons failure here… Winston supporters are the worst, man.

And here I kept on hearing about how Donovan Smith was our weakest link and such.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.