Viewing 100 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

PewterReport.com reveals its latest 2014 Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft – version 4.0. Tampa Bay will use its first-round pick on Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr, but what wide receiver do the Buccaneers take in the second round? Find out right here.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9747:&Itemid=15

• Anonymous

Inactive

talk about a Bucnation meltdown…..

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a scale of 1 – 10, this one is a -5.  You could be totally right, but this sure looks like a lot of reaches.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is garbage!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage mock

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Carr with the #7 pick, we have officially pissed away any chance of us competing for a long time.  He’s incapable of playing in the NFL at a high level.  Horrible, horrible, pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Somehow Fresno State has some surplus of grand talent to be fortifying our team??  Man, just dumb.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Carr with the #7 pick, we have officially pissed away any chance of us competing for a long time.  He's incapable of playing in the NFL at a high level.  Horrible, horrible, pick.

Switch it with Watkins, Evans, JFF, or Teddy and it looks MUCH better. But, this entire mock top to bottom is crap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I came for the mock but stayed for the crucifixion…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Aaron Donald should be the pick at #7, but Carr has all the qualities of a leader with the skills necessary to be a winning NFL QB. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

bored-jester-in-empty-stadium-uid.jpgRay Jay on gameday if that draft happens.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Aaron Donald should be the pick at #7, but Carr has all the qualities of a leader with the skills necessary to be a winning NFL QB.

Carr has all the qualities of a QB that will keep you angry as a Bucs fan for years to come.  You thought Testaverde, Dllfer and Freeman combined were frustrating. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m ok with Carr if they are sold on him. Wouldn’t be my first choice but the kid can make every throw. His footwork and ability to handle pressure are concerns though. One is takes a lot of time to correct and the other isn’t something can really be learned. To some extent yes, but clutch is in the DNA. It’s not in the textbook.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the pick is Carr at 7,  They are all in on their guy.  I’ll back them at least initially  Would be a huge surprise.   Not a fan of the mock.It is what it is though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmm….Carr & Adams or Evans & Garoppolo/Murray?

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we take Carr at #7. This board will explode…lol  I still prefer Manziel. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/4/14/5614326/derek-carr-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report- His mechanics and pocket awareness are holding him back from being great. But if Bucs OC Tedford can fix those issues (since he knows him) then he makes sense in the first round. I really think he gets drafted before Teddy Bridgewater. Carr is definitely more mobile than anything we're getting Glennon and has a quicker release.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Arroyo will do the fixin’.  Seems like a hell of a coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whew; glad that was just a mock… ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whew; glad that was just a mock... ;D

lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr isn’t bad at 7 if they think he is a franchise guy I get that. The rest of this mock is off the rails. Adams is criminal at that spot. Turner is a 5th rounder. Barrow is the best of the rest here and has some potential long term value. Webster is awful and golly gee look it would be a return to our tradition of tossing away an R7 pick on a spare TE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fresno State players in the 1st and 2nd round ?Ridiculous.Go directly to last place. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why doesn’t anyone speak their mind in this place?

• BConnell88

Participant

Johnny Football the Ultimate Rider of Waves or bust.

• BConnell88

Participant

then trade back up for Evans. Tampa Bay AGgies

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could live with Carr at #7, he has everything in a QB that you look for and the things he needs fixed can be coached. I think people are forgetting they won’t have to start day one and can work on improving their games. However, I would prefer to trade down to the mid teens if Carr is indeed the QB we want. That way we can pick up an extra pick or two on top of drafting Carr to be our QB of the future. I like Adams, but I think the WR’s that should or have a chance to be there I like more than him (Cooks, Robinson, Matthews) even though there is something to be said about the chemistry and numbers the two put up together. Interesting read, nonetheless.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I came for the mock but stayed for the crucifixion...

I say.  Well done old chap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with everyone else that the Carr pick is non-sense, and I think there are likely better receivers than Adams at pick 41. I really like Jordan Matthews after watching him some, stud. Wouldn’t mind to see the Bucs trade way down in the 1st and try to come up with LeMarcus Joyner, Matthews, and a couple extra good picks. That said, I really like your 3rd day picks. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmm....Carr & Adams or Evans & Garoppolo/Murray?

I'll have a #2 with a large Coke please...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmm....Carr & Adams or Evans & Garoppolo/Murray?

I'll have a #2 with a large Coke please...

I'm leaning that way myself!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have nothing against Carr but if a stud OL or WR is there, ya gotta take that value. The QBs seem to be clustered into a group of slightly above average players with varying deficiencies. Take a stud with the first pick and get the highest rated QB on ur board with the 2.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually don’t think it’s too bad.  Adams is not a bad 2nd round prospect, Turner a good OL prospect for the 3rd.  I like Barrows and even though I know nothing if that Webster kid those measurables are something to work with. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually don't think it's too bad.  Adams is not a bad 2nd round prospect, Turner a good OL prospect for the 3rd.  I like Barrows and even though I know nothing if that Webster kid those measurables are something to work with.

The worst.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer the Adams pick to the Carr pick, Adams put up some video game numbers. However…. I can’t imagine any situation, besides trading back, where I would feel at all good about picking Carr. I actually think he’s ok but freaking a, there’s bound to be MUCH better players available. I have to think if we go QB it’s going to be Teddy or JFF at 7.

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR never said it would be with the No. 7 pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a feeling that all this Johnny Football smoke is just that – smoke to distract others from their real target – Carr. He’s reviled because of his brother. From what I’ve seen, he’s just as qualified as any of these other “can’t miss” QBs and Coach Ted knows him…so…I’ll trust L&L and Coach Ted if this is the way it goes.The rest of the draft? Yeesh. Bloomsberg?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yech.  To each their own but this haul would be underwhelming

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s not put too much stock in this….Here was SR’s final mock from last years draft…https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=29512nd Round - Margus Hunt - "It’s doubtful that Hunt would last until the Bucs’ second-round pick with the 43rd overall selection, but they would definitely grab him if he did."Well...he was there, and luckily, we passed. We kept hearing about how much the Bucs were in love with Hunt. Didn't turn out to be so true after all.3rd Round - Sio Moore - Was picked before the Bucs 3rd round selection, but it seems they would have gone Glennon regardless since Schiano could see that Freeman was about to go full retard.4th Round - Christine Michael - Didn't even last to the 3rd round. Went nearly a full 40 spots before the Bucs 4th rounder.5th Round - Vinston Painter - Bucs passed him up for Mr. Means. Ended up going in the 6th round.6th - Had 2 6ths at the time of this mock, but the Gholston trade moved things around. Either way, Mike James was the final pick for the Bucs with both Marc Anthony and DC Jefferson being selected in the 7th.Here is the one from 2012https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=28321st - Mo Claiborne2nd - Bobby Wagner3rd - LaMichael James5th - Taylor Thompson6th - Tavon Wilson7th - Joe MartinekHere is 2011https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=69101st - Ryan Kerrigan2nd - Lance Kendricks3rd - Greg Romeus4th - Cortez Allen5th - Chris Carter6th - Dion Lewis7th rounders - Raymond Webber and Akeem Dent So lets not panic. The chances of just one of these pics being correct is not very likely.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t like this mock, but I like Carr better than Teddy.  I think Bortles and JFF will be off the board when we select. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

talk about a Bucnation meltdown.....

Getcha popcorn ready!I think that would be a decent draft. Not afraid to draft Carr at all. I think he will turn out to be a good QB......but......I'm just as excited to watch this place burn to the ground, especially if Manziel is available. Even better? Watching the backsliding when Carr turns out to be a better pro than Manziel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be ok with them selecting carr, but I don’t like his bro being around screaming “look at me,” and I definitely don’t like the idea of passing evans or manziel for him either. Still, he could be a good qb.It's a simple draft to me. No matter who we pick, it will be an improvement. We can hang our hat on this, or this guy, but at the end of the day, almost every player slotted in the top ten of this draft will help us.In a sense, we have nothing to lose, and we're not going to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr isn’t the best player available, or filling the biggest need (WR or G).  So I guess that would mean that Licht lied about taking the BPA in all rounds?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr isn't the best player available, or filling the biggest need (WR or G).  So I guess that would mean that Licht lied about taking the BPA in all rounds?

If you don't have your franchise guy, QB is always the biggest need.

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR never said it would be with the No. 7 pick.

If that is the case, where in the mock draft do the picks, that should be received for trading down, get accounted for?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mock draft is horrible. Not only do we get Carr who has the Tedford connectuon ... but we also get the Fresno State WR too? Two Bulldogs with the first two picks? Lawd help us!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr isn't the best player available, or filling the biggest need (WR or G).  So I guess that would mean that Licht lied about taking the BPA in all rounds?

carr isn’t the best player according to whom? Who really decides the Bucs biggest need?

• dandrews

Participant

Let's not put too much stock in this....Here was SR's final mock from last years draft...https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=29512nd Round - Margus Hunt - "It’s doubtful that Hunt would last until the Bucs’ second-round pick with the 43rd overall selection, but they would definitely grab him if he did."Well...he was there, and luckily, we passed. We kept hearing about how much the Bucs were in love with Hunt. Didn't turn out to be so true after all.3rd Round - Sio Moore - Was picked before the Bucs 3rd round selection, but it seems they would have gone Glennon regardless since Schiano could see that Freeman was about to go full retard.4th Round - Christine Michael - Didn't even last to the 3rd round. Went nearly a full 40 spots before the Bucs 4th rounder.5th Round - Vinston Painter - Bucs passed him up for Mr. Means. Ended up going in the 6th round.6th - Had 2 6ths at the time of this mock, but the Gholston trade moved things around. Either way, Mike James was the final pick for the Bucs with both Marc Anthony and DC Jefferson being selected in the 7th.Here is the one from 2012https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&layout=item&id=28321st - Mo Claiborne2nd - Bobby Wagner3rd - LaMichael James5th - Taylor Thompson6th - Tavon Wilson7th - Joe MartinekHere is 2011https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=69101st - Ryan Kerrigan2nd - Lance Kendricks3rd - Greg Romeus4th - Cortez Allen5th - Chris Carter6th - Dion Lewis7th rounders - Raymond Webber and Akeem Dent So lets not panic. The chances of just one of these pics being correct is not very likely.

Didn't pr also predict we would draft de Michael Johnson with our first round pick a few years ago, but he was instead drafted by the bengals in the third round'? Seems like pr believes that if they predict this Carr nonsense enough it might come true. Only way we grab Carr is if we trade way down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

carr isn't the best player according to whom? Who really decides the Bucs biggest need?

Common  Sense.Those two words would be the answer to both your questions.

• Anonymous

Inactive