Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why did mike james fall out of favor?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why did mike james fall out of favor?

I'd be interested in hearing that as well, but I do have a theory which I'd love feedback on from the board.Is it possible that they saw James as more of a zone runner (that's what he looks like to me), and are running more gap under Lovie?

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s gotta be scheme related, or for whatever reason the new staff didn’t see the same things we/the old staff saw before his injury in ’13. Lovie has shown to be very stubborn in some personnel matters, i.e. McClown over Glennon, Rainey benching, etc. I’d be surprised if James makes it out of camp, which sucks IMO.As for the article, I was surprised how low you guys have David Cobb. When I watched him this year his style screamed pro back. Nice balance, shifty, good hands, can pass pro. If we're going to drop a premium pick on a back, I'd prefer him over Davis any day.Now Matt Jones on the other hand... that dude looks like a freight train. If we're only going for a complement to Sims then he's gotta be a good fit. FWIW the NFLN talking heads like him. Mayock raved about him at the pro day as a productive sleeper, and Jeremiah listed him as a productive 3rd day guy. The UF offense was a train wreck last year. Didn't see a lot so not sure why. But their OL - specifically Humphries and Chaz Green - don't seem to be getting too dinged in the pre-draft runup. Wonder why they're escaping culpability for that disaster but guys like Jones aren't? Talking strictly perception... still interesting...

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.