Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• 3rd String Kicker

Saw this question from an insider on the Red Board, figured it would get better exposure on the insider board.

I miss those.  The Fab 5 and then the roundtable discussion were always my favorites.  Didn't they use to have those after the first and second days of the draft?  Scott, can you bring it back?Redboard Thread: https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1316341.0.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always loved the Roundtable

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Loved Flynn’s focus, hated the Dirty Dozen by Hugh McDeepPockets.A lot less content these days. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So did I and I hope they become a regular item again!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I miss the Roundtable, and always enjoyed the Dirty Dozen!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 on all of the above

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add my name to the list who enjoyed those features.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I miss the Roundtable, and always enjoyed the Dirty Dozen!

Me too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I miss the round table.  Another option might be the point-counterpoint, or even a point/counterpoint between a PR person and another media person.  More than any of that though, you guys need to get back on tv or radio or both (even if solely via the Internet) and do so under your own brand.  I don't mean a podcast or appearing on another entity's show, though both of those are good, I mean something akin to what MC has done with Steve White and WTB . . you have a built in audience and an built in platform to market the show  you guys are both apparently reporters, radio guys at heart and you do a great job, you just need a marketing/business guy. You are doing great, but it could be much more. The brand is Bucs expertise, you just need to leverage it . . . oh . .  and it would help if the Bucs could get to the playoffs, can you guys do anything about that? :-)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playing devils advocate,  think they can find the time? Their time at the boards is nowhere near what it used to be now.!They do have to sleep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playing devils advocate,  think they can find the time? Their time at the boards is nowhere near what it used to be now.!They do have to sleep.

True Uncle Stan, I'm still trying to take my first vacation since last June...We could probably do those things Vin, but I may need a good divorce lawyer!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True Uncle Stan, I'm still trying to take my first vacation since last June...We could probably do those things Vin, but I may need a good divorce lawyer!

Yeah I am sorry MC. I didn't mean to suggest you had the time. I know you guys work very hard and do a great job. I was suggesting a different allocation of scarce resources, a different approach not a supplement. Keep up the good work and take that vacation. I am a big fan, so don't burn out

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time at the boards is only one way to do things. That's all I meant. Like you I believe, I have been a small biz owner for a long time so I certainly no what it's like being so busy just getting the donuts out that there is no time to think about the bakery. It ain't easy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One needs to determine what is PR’s purpose, then go from there. Right now it’s print media.They can't do both well, with the present staff. Adding anymore non print media workload will just further dilute the present.I wish they would cut back on their present voice media. Would you want to work those hours? It's like having two jobs and no family.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One needs to determine what is PR's purpose, then go from there. Right now it's print media.They can't do both well, with the present staff. Adding anymore non print media workload will just further dilute the present.I wish they would cut back on their present voice media. Would you want to work those hours? It's like having two jobs and no family.

yeah, I agree with you on the hours, but the part in bold is what I was getting at.  I think we may disagree on the future, but I wasn't suggesting they go down both sides of a forked road

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re: OP — I also miss the Roundtables. Those were always interesting because they were free-flow, lots of different topics and insight in one article. I get that there’s limited time, but more content along those lines would be nice IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for putting my post in here… The roundtable discussion after the draft was a highlight for me.  I know they are busy but this was something that worked well…why abandon it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what I was suggesting earlier in this thread:https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9820:reynoldss-talks-bucs-football-on-the-pewter-panel

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.