Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Peyton Manning: Aqib Talib was the toughest corner Broncos faced last seasonBy Josh Sanchez    SI.comJune 4  2014aqib-talib_zpsdab97f8f.jpgAqib Talib’s 23 career interceptions are tied for 13th-most among active players. (Ed Andrieski/AP) The Denver Broncos went on a free-agent spending spree this offseason in an effort to build on both sides of the ball after being blown out by the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, and star quarterback Peyton Manning has some high praise for the team’s new additions — specifically cornerback Aqib Talib. When Manning was discussing the team’s newest defensive back, he said Talib “was probably the toughest corner that we played against last year.” Yes, that means Manning says Talib was tougher to go against than Seahawks star Richard Sherman.  Denver had success against the Patriots in last year’s AFC Championship game, but a bulk of Manning’s yards did not come until Talib was off the field. If he can bring his shutdown talent to the Mile High City, the Broncos six-year, $57 million financial investment will be well worth it. Talib enters this season coming off of a thigh injury, but he says his health should not cause any concerns heading into the 2014 regular season. “My health is great. I feel great,” Talib said, via the Associated Press. “I’m out here moving, running with Emanuel [Sanders] and [Demaryius Thomas]. If I can run with them guys then I must be feeling great.” The Broncos enter 2014 as the reigning AFC champions, and they are hoping they can finish the job that they fell short of completing last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shame he had to be a dum bass when he was here. His ability to bait QBs is awesome and most games he shows up to ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; and if Elway hadn’t been so quick on the trigger to sign Talib, they could’ve done even better and signed Revis instead a few days later…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought the donks played the squawks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s no doubt Talib can be amazing in 1-2 games here and there. It’s doing it for 16 games that is the problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cab drivers agree with Peyton.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I am still so thankful he is gone….and I always will be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cab drivers agree with Peyton.

I lol'd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talib’s talent was never questioned. His off the field behavior was the problem. Along with getting an annual hamstring injury at just the wrong time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talib’s off-field behavior  can be controlled.His real problem is that his body is wired so tightly that he is very prone to injuries---a pulled hamstring, a leg muscle etc.  Because of his 6 yrs in the league, he now has weak spots in his body, ie. places that are quite prone to re-injury..My guess is he will miss 6 games this year because of injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a given. Aquib is a beast!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talib's talent was never questioned. His off the field behavior was the problem. Along with getting an annual hamstring injury at just the wrong time.

Bronco's fans be leery! I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this. Anytime it was a "big game" situation and the teams were neck and neck, Talib seemed to have some sort of ailment. In the AFC Championship game, I think his pride got hurt worse than anything. Welker gave him a pretty good shot but I don't think it was really all that brutal.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

LOL; and if Elway hadn't been so quick on the trigger to sign Talib, they could've done even better and signed Revis instead a few days later...

Maybe.  It's a shame Lovie didn't want to keep Revis.  I think that was a big mistake getting rid of him.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Maybe.  It's a shame Lovie didn't want to keep Revis.  I think that was a big mistake getting rid of him.

I PROMISE you that you will see, this coming season, why you are wrong.History will show, the mistake was hiring him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Revis will be 29 next month, and wasn’t completely recovered from knee surgery last season. In retrospect, I’d say it was a bad deal by Dominick to sign him in the first place. No doubt injuries played into our record a great deal, but the staff had to know beyond the view of us fans Freeman and Mike Williams were problem-children. Two very key positions. Revis just wasn’t gonna make that big a difference in our record, especially with our pathetic pass rush.    Broncos and Patriots ARE in a way better position where a short-term fix could be of great value to them...

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I’m so sure this comment has nothing to do with the fact Talib is a Bronco now ….nothing whatsoever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm so sure this comment has nothing to do with the fact Talib is a Bronco now ....nothing whatsoever.

Of course it does. Before everyone crowns Talib, I'd like to remind everyone how a hurt Hakeem Nicks just absolutely destroyed him week 2, 2012. Absolutely embarrassing. Dude is good but waaaay overrated at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm so sure this comment has nothing to do with the fact Talib is a Bronco now ....nothing whatsoever.

Of course it does. Before everyone crowns Talib, I'd like to remind everyone how a hurt Hakeem Nicks just absolutely destroyed him week 2, 2012. Absolutely embarrassing. Dude is good but waaaay overrated at this point.

I will never forget the headline after that game.  Hakeem Nicks dog walked Talib all over the field.  Hilarious.Decent talent, but a little too injury prone to be top shelf.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a 1st and 2nd degree assault & battery. People forget that Talib got suspended right before we traded him too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a 1st and 2nd degree assault & battery. People forget that Talib got suspended right before we traded him too.

Classic Buc fans.  Look at one game and sum up his entire career based on that.  He hated Schiano (get in line), hated playing for him and found a way out.  He has played pro-bowl CB since leaving here and forces DC's to change their approach when attacking him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why can’t Peyton Manning tell the truth, everybody knows it was Richard Sherman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sherman is solid and is in the top 15 somewhere but he’s not the in the top 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

coincidence hes on the team now, I’m sure

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Classic Buc fans.  Look at one game and sum up his entire career based on that.  He hated Schiano (get in line), hated playing for him and found a way out.  He has played pro-bowl CB since leaving here and forces DC's to change their approach when attacking him.

Yea that one game represented his whole time here... frustrating. Talib has been the same player for the Pats that he was here. Great sometimes, bad other times, and unavailable most of the time. The only thing different is he's getting more media attention but he's still overrated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea that one game represented his whole time here... frustrating. Talib has been the same player for the Pats that he was here. Great sometimes, bad other times, and unavailable most of the time. The only thing different is he's getting more media attention but he's still overrated.

Ummmmm - he made the pro bowl as a Patriot last year and for the most part played ridiculously well. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculously well?  I didn’t see that.  I saw the same Talib I saw in Tampa.  Only he had much more exposure in New England, and that sort of stuff goes miles.  Talib made some nice plays here and there, and he got burned here and there.  Like in Tampa.  He was banged up, or suspended, or whatever.  But the guy is a headcase, gets easily rattled, and is a lower leg injury waiting to happen.  Talib most likely will only play 10 games this season.  He will miss time with a hammy/quad/calf...just the way it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ummmmm - he made the pro bowl as a Patriot last year and for the most part played ridiculously well.

And All Pro Lavonte David didn't make the Pro Bowl. What's your point?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed he was about as good with the pats as the bucs, sans the early growing pains off the field. But with 10x as many fans in the NE market means 10x more pro bowl votes from the fans. Makes a big difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed he was about as good with the pats as the bucs, sans the early growing pains off the field. But with 10x as many fans in the NE market means 10x more pro bowl votes from the fans. Makes a big difference.

Damn skippy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculously well?  I didn't see that.  I saw the same Talib I saw in Tampa.  Only he had much more exposure in New England, and that sort of stuff goes miles.  Talib made some nice plays here and there, and he got burned here and there.  Like in Tampa.  He was banged up, or suspended, or whatever.  But the guy is a headcase, gets easily rattled, and is a lower leg injury waiting to happen.  Talib most likely will only play 10 games this season.  He will miss time with a hammy/quad/calf...just the way it is.

Here's what I will say.  When he's on, there is no better corner in the league. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculously well?  I didn't see that.  I saw the same Talib I saw in Tampa.  Only he had much more exposure in New England, and that sort of stuff goes miles.  Talib made some nice plays here and there, and he got burned here and there.  Like in Tampa.  He was banged up, or suspended, or whatever.  But the guy is a headcase, gets easily rattled, and is a lower leg injury waiting to happen.  Talib most likely will only play 10 games this season.  He will miss time with a hammy/quad/calf...just the way it is.

Here's what I will say.  When he's on, there is no better corner in the league.

Ha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When “he’s on” he isn’t even top 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When "he's on" he isn't even top 5.

You are out of your mind.  Screw the pro bowl, he was named All-pro.  If you dont like him that's one thing, but to deny his talent is kind of weak.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe HadenPatrick PetersonRichard ShermanRevisBrandon BrownerAntonio CromartieWhen is Talib better than them?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Revis??  You’re joking right?  You just hate that he was a Buc, went somewhere else and is now having success.  P. Peterson is great almost always.  Sherman is a a good corner that grabbed the spotlight at the right time.  Brandon Browner is a poor man’s version of Talib. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100%. Very good player, at times. And then he'd get burned and give up a bomb TD. And then get hurt.Amazing how so  many refuse to see that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Maybe top 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Revis??  You're joking right?  You just hate that he was a Buc, went somewhere else and is now having success.  P. Peterson is great almost always.  Sherman is a a good corner that grabbed the spotlight at the right time.  Brandon Browner is a poor man's version of Talib.

So Talib is better than Revis? LolzGo ice up son.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are out of your mind.  Screw the pro bowl, he was named All-pro.  If you dont like him that's one thing, but to deny his talent is kind of weak.

You might be Java's most ingenious creation yet. Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys need to actually watch him play.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

…and when he is off….dog walk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...and when he is off....dog walk.

To the tune of a 57million dollar contract.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Broncos overpaid because they are desperate to win a Superbowl before Manning’s old noodle arm finally gives out. They will regret that contract.Never give a loser from the ghetto long-term guaranteed money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Broncos overpaid because they are desperate to win a Superbowl before Manning's old noodle arm finally gives out. They will regret that contract.Never give a loser from the ghetto long-term guaranteed money.

It's hard to disagree with your logic.  Dude is a loose cannon for sure. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe HadenPatrick PetersonRichard ShermanRevisBrandon BrownerAntonio CromartieWhen is Talib better than them?

Good list.  Talib has talent, but it doesn't matter how great your highlight reel is, if your getting dinged up on a regular basis.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I think it can be argued that Talib is the best corner in football.    It’s too bad the Bucs couldn’t tame him down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it can be argued that Talib is the best corner in football.    It's too bad the Bucs couldn't tame him down.

I think that's hilarious

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it can be argued that Talib is the best corner in football.    It's too bad the Bucs couldn't tame him down.

I think that's hilarious

EUTG is right on time here.  He's damn good.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Wild one, I’m gonna tame you down.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81VYxdTjDjE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

toughest to play against or toughest in that he beats his mom and cab drivers and whoever else he can. ask the giants who the hardest CB they played in 2012? it sure as hell wasnt talib the scumbag

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.