Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

0nly 50-41 released currently. One Buccaneers player on the list

49. LB LAVONTE DAVID, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
      David is 31 years old, but he was still the only player capable of covering Travis Kelce throughout the playoffs last season. Kelce was taking the ankles of elite cover corners, but David managed two pass breakups on targets thrown his way in the Super Bowl and showed he can still hang with the best players in the league in the toughest part of his job.

David has been one of the very best linebackers in the game for years. He remains an elite playmaker

• BadabingBucs

Participant

how many others crack top 50?

Tom Brady
      Mike Evans

Not sure if Shaq Barrett or Ali Marpet have a shot

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

7. QB TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
      Brady and Jerry Rice are seemingly the only football players who have ever managed to thoroughly evade Father Time. At 43 years of age, Brady posted a PFF grade of 93.3 last season, including the playoffs.

The seven-time Super Bowl champion did this in his first season with a completely new team and brand new offensive scheme for the first time in two decades, with no preseason to work through the issues that would usually present. Brady is still as good as any quarterback in the game; the only question is how long he can keep defying time.

Evans snub. Yet allen robinson came in at #34. Interesting.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

7. QB TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS<br />
      Brady and Jerry Rice are seemingly the only football players who have ever managed to thoroughly evade Father Time. At 43 years of age, Brady posted a PFF grade of 93.3 last season, including the playoffs.

The seven-time Super Bowl champion did this in his first season with a completely new team and brand new offensive scheme for the first time in two decades, with no preseason to work through the issues that would usually present. Brady is still as good as any quarterback in the game; the only question is how long he can keep defying time.

Evans does not deserve top 50 based on his play from last year. Too many times he was completely shut down. Hopefully he can bounce back and perform the way he is capable of.

• theknees

Participant

Evans does not deserve top 50 based on his play from last year. Too many times he was completely shut down. Hopefully he can bounce back and perform the way he is capable of.

Lolz.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lolz.

Not sure what you’re “Lolz’ing” about.

You claimed all season there was no way Evans would get to 1000 yards receiving with “noodle arm” Brady at QB.

Now…THAT was a “Lolz”.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Shaq Barrett should be top 50

• FireLicht2020

Participant

These polls all have recency bias…

If you did this a year earlier you’d see Godwin and/Evans for sure.

• SunnyD

Participant

Mike Evans is the most under appreciated WR in the NFL.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

If this was based off last season, then yes it’d be hard to have Evans on there…mainly bc of injuries. I do think when healthy that he is def a top 50 player. Based on last season, going into this season, you could argue that Wirfs is a candidate (though I know it’s difficult to put a rookie in there). There’s a lot of very good Guards, so getting Marpet (though deserving of being in the conversation) on that list would be a challenge. Plus OG seem to never get love, mainly just LT as far as Olineman go.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

These things are fun to strike debate, but they all have some bias…

Aaron Donald isn’t the best player in the NFL.

Some will disagree and that’s OK… but if I’m building a team the first player I take is Mahomes and it isn’t even close.

The ranking is more about how they dominate their position tho… but then I’m curious why we don’t have the dominant kickers and punters on there?

Just kinda silly and fun all at once.

I think Kelce and Adams that high is ridiculous recency bias but they had monster years.

Both, imo, are largely a product of their QB… same can be said of Mike Thomas the year prior.

Stressing the importance of QB.

Mike Evans didn’t have a great year last year but the year prior, before the hamstring injury that cost him 4 games, he was having one of his best seasons… and the final 4 games were against Swiss cheese defenses… he would have destroyed had he played.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

These things are fun to strike debate, but they all have some bias…

Aaron Donald isn’t the best player in the NFL.

Some will disagree and that’s OK… but if I’m building a team the first player I take is Mahomes and it isn’t even close.

The ranking is more about how they dominate their position tho… but then I’m curious why we don’t have the dominant kickers and punters on there?

Just kinda silly and fun all at once.

I think Kelce and Adams that high is ridiculous recency bias but they had monster years.

Both, imo, are largely a product of their QB… same can be said of Mike Thomas the year prior.

Stressing the importance of QB.

Mike Evans didn’t have a great year last year but the year prior, before the hamstring injury that cost him 4 games, he was having one of his best seasons… and the final 4 games were against Swiss cheese defenses… he would have destroyed had he played.

Disagree about donald vs mahomes.

Does mahomes have a bigger impact? Obviously. Would you choose him to build a team? Obviously. Qb is the most important position in sports.

You could argue mahomes isnt even the best qb. The super bowl proved he isnt the best player imho.

Donald is the best defensive player I’ve ever watched. Period.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Mahomes played insane in the SB. His stats won’t show that but he was elite

His line and play-makers let him down.

Aaron Donald disappears with the right schemes… SF figured out how to neutralize him.

I have no problem putting him in the top 10, but #1 is crazy to me… but again, it’s fair to feel differently.

Bucs won it all and yet we only had 2 players in the top 50? Silly…

• Boid Fink

Participant

He was beat to hell and was still a guy you had to watch on the field. Fuggouttahere you disrespectful clown.

• JC5100

Participant

I’d like to know how many penalty yards Mike Evans drew last year. Have to believe it’s near the top of the league and probably another 200+ yards.

edit: just looked at the first game vs the Saints. If you look at the box score you think he got shutdown, but he drew 67 yards worth of penalties from Saints DBs

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by JC5100.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

He was beat to hell and was still a guy you had to watch on the field. Fuggouttahere you disrespectful clown.

Mike Evans was the 18th ranked WR in the NFL last year. He also had 56 or fewer yards 10 times including 3 games with 10 yards or less. That deserves a top 50 spot in the NFL? I think the pandemic has taken it’s toll on your thinking.

One thing to make clear is Mike Evans is one of my 2 favorite Bucs on the current roster and his career as a whole deserves top 50 but, based on last year he’s not even top 100. I’m confident he’ll bounce back as long as he stays healthy.

• buc_boi

Participant

Mike evans was injured last year, people forget that’s why we signed AB in the first place.

His injury was nasty to watch, he was basically rolled up on his ankle during a tackle. Lucky is wasn’t season ender, next gen stats are the devil.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’d like to know how many penalty yards Mike Evans drew last year. Have to believe it’s near the top of the league and probably another 200+ yards.

edit: just looked at the first game vs the Saints. If you look at the box score you think he got shutdown, but he drew 67 yards worth of penalties from Saints DBs

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by JC5100.

Absolutely impressive and under-appreciated.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

All evans did last year was set the buccaneers franchise receiving Td record with 13.

While being injured most the year.

With so many months to feed?

Damn impressive.

Also only player in NFL history with 7 1000 yard seasons to begin a career.

Top 50 player, without a doubt.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• JC5100

Participant

On average each team would get 1.6 players. So 2 is good no matter what the record and post season success.

They were generous with David because off ball linebacker is a low impact position (although White can sure find a way to make a low impact position a clusterfuck for the Bucs).

Wirfs should be on this list, especially after his Super Bowl. Media doesn’t have the brains or balls to do this but it would not have been wrong to give him the MVP like they should have done with Faneca. Bucs ran for over 9 yards per carry behind him and he was near perfect in pass pro, just 1 pressure and no hits.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by JC5100.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It’s tyranny of the present…

If PFF did a top 50 after Michael Clayton’s rookie year he’d be in there.

So we’ve got these one-year performances and we want to anoint them king and it’s funny as fuck to me.

Mike Evans is not the 18th best WR in the league. He’s top 8.

Last year was a fluke for a number of reasons but mostly he was hurt and Brady spread the ball around.

Also we weren’t down all year so not as much garbage time.

Factor in the penalties drawn, going against the #1 corner every game, being a great blocker, and winning it all…yeah he should be top 50.

My biggest gripe with him right now are the drops from last year.

I don’t think he played consistent all year but what do you expect with those injuries?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.