New Homepage Forums The Red Board Pick'em Keyboard GMs: A. Peterson or D. Jackson

This topic contains 22 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Havok904 Havok904 Mar 8, 17 at 2:11 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Pick'em Keyboard GMs: A. Peterson or D. Jackson

• Profile photo of BucfanNC12
    BucfanNC12
    Participant
    Topics: 48
    Replies: 131
    Profile photo of BucfanNC12BucfanNC12

Ok keyboard GMs, you have the option sign Adrian Peterson or DeSean Jackson. Who do you pick and why.

Personally I would go with DeSean Jackson. Both are past their prime but I think DeSean would last a lot longer on the field in the next two seasons compared to Peterson.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of Schianoismyhero
    Schianoismyhero
    Participant
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 975
    Profile photo of SchianoismyheroSchianoismyhero

All things being equal (meaning we don’t over pay for either) it’s no contest…

Jackson and it isn’t even close

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of dexmonkey
    dexmonkey
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 501
    Profile photo of dexmonkeydexmonkey

Jackson and its not remotely close

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of buccnation
    buccnation
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 424
    Profile photo of buccnationbuccnation

Jackson by a lot.

Philly reporter said on local espn radio today that the Bucs are the favorite by a mile for Djax but he also thinks Peterson ends up also Buc too. Doubt he’s credible but figured I would mention.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of J.A.S.H.E.R.
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant
    Topics: 117
    Replies: 653
    Profile photo of J.A.S.H.E.R.J.A.S.H.E.R.

Easily Jackson, he can play and he’s till blazing fast even if he’s old much like Joey Galloway did. And I’m not a fan of paying a RB anything close to 10+ mil year….if it was AP from 5 years ago then sure who wouldn’t.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of Pepsi
    Pepsi
    Participant
    Topics: 52
    Replies: 571
    Profile photo of PepsiPepsi

People keep saying “jackson isnt what he used to be but hes still good” or “hes past his prime but…”

His age is past the prime age of a WR, but nothing about his very last season indicated that hes a tad bit slower, less explosive or less productive then he was before at any point in his career. He had over 1000 yards and 17.9 yards per catch. What do people think he would have had if he was “in his prime”. Now it could be any year now that he starts to slow down and be more of a 700 yard guy and less explosive, but judging on his most recent season, hes still the same Desean Jackson he was in the past.

That being said im not overly hyped about this Desean Jackson to the Bucs talk. Its so easy to give Winston better receiving weapons without paying 10mil + to a often nicked up 30 year old 180lbs receiver. Theres tier 2 FAs, + rounds 1 – 4 in the draft with the prospect pool of guys like John Ross, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, Zay Jones, OJ Howard, JuJu Schuster, Malachi Dupre, KD Cannon, Carlos Henderson, Josh Reynolds, and a bunch more. Can combine a cheaper FA WR with anyone of those guys. You can use the Djax money else where and were probably just as potent and set up better for the long term.

Still going to be happy with Djax, just dont think its absolutely necessary or even the best route.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of Cpt.Curt
    Cpt.Curt
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 91
    Profile photo of Cpt.CurtCpt.Curt

Djax by a mile.

Who pays an old broken RB $10+ million when we already have 3 broken RBs on the roster. Redo Martin’s contract, we resigned quizz, and sims is a good receiving back but keep him at that and not doing 3 down duties.  Draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to take over workhorse duties.

That said I dont think Djax is worth a ton of money either.. we better structure the contract with all the outs and bonus $$ not guaranteed  $$

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of PassThePigSkin
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 57
    Profile photo of PassThePigSkinPassThePigSkin

Peterson by far because he can score from anywhere on the field and I believe he can still be a top 5 running with our offense. As for Jackson big play WR but huge question mark with Winston throwing to him. We all know Winston throws high most of the time.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Peterson by far because he can score from anywhere on the field and I believe he can still be a top 5 running with our offense. As for Jackson big play WR but huge question mark with Winston throwing to him. We all know Winston throws high most of the time.

Winston definitely has to figure that out. But he’s had success with Humphries who doesn’t have a big catch radius.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of PassThePigSkin
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 57
    Profile photo of PassThePigSkinPassThePigSkin

Winston definitely has to figure that out. But he’s had success with Humphries who doesn’t have a big catch radius.

Humphries is a different type of player compared to Jackson though. One guy will take the risk of receiving a big hit. I could see Jackson giving up or getting alligator arms. Also watching Evans and Vincent body language when they got blasted because of Winston throwing high  and across his body.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Yup Jameis does get guys blasted. I dont want Jackson taking huge shots, so if he makes a business decision I’m fine with it, we would need to be careful how we use him, but it’d be worth it, he’s a unique weapon that opens up the entire offense. If we’re about to pay him huge $, then I dont want him exposing himself for too many horrible Winston throws…. same for Evans and Brate, I don’t want any of our targets to get concussed or have broken ribs. Sometimes they just gotta live to fight another day, and hope Jameis gets his accuracy together.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Jackson has never liked catching balls over the middle, that’s why I think we should keep Russell Sheppard….he will handle the middle, he is fearless and seems to be a natural at it and he doesn’t get hurt doing it that easily. Shep along with Brate and Humphries for over the middle stuff, while Evans handles his favorite routes. Jackson is def a bit of a one trick pony but the guy is rare weapon that scares defenses on every play.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of SWAGGaRrR
    SWAGGaRrR
    Participant
    Topics: 55
    Replies: 27
    Profile photo of SWAGGaRrRSWAGGaRrR

DJax All Day.

AP’s tank is running low. Plus, if he would take less to play with NE because he wants a ring, that tells me he doesn’t think he’d get one here. Sooooo, eff him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of Redrum
    Redrum
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 150
    Profile photo of RedrumRedrum

AP is not the same players. The tires are almost bald and he needs a great line to run behind like Dallas imo. So yeah Calias Campbell..I mean, Jackson.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of spurzo
    spurzo
    Participant
    Topics: 23
    Replies: 183
    Profile photo of spurzospurzo

AP is an offense ruiner at this point. Can’t play out of shotgun, can’t play on third down, has fumbling issues.  He’s one of the best backs I’ve ever seen but his tank is on E.

Jackson just had his second best season in the last six years with a 17.9 average and 1000 yards. The thing is that half of his effectiveness is just clearing out space due to his speed. He makes so much space on the field from running deep routes, everyone else benefits.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Marketing Tampa | Visual Realm