Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Machiavelli

Participant

Sorry, but the game last night was awful. Preseason doesn’t mean much, but the third game means the most, and we flat out sucked. We have seen this before and it carries over into the regular season every time. Get some practice and confidence by playing the starters through the first half. Seriously, what do we have to lose by doing so? We have looked bad in two of three games. And the Bengal game is starting to look more about how bad the bengals were than how good we were in that game.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I would tend to agree with you but say Winston got seriously hurt by some jabroni laying a late hit on him. Trying to impress the Dolphin coaches. Lovie would get crucified.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston should definitely be playing. He needs more experience against a bunch of scrubs who won’t make teams.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Winston should definitely be playing. He needs more experience against a bunch of scrubs who won't make teams.

Scrubs are dangerous to ones health.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should happen, but probably won’t. Thank our timid coaching staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’ll never happen. Lovie pretty much said so in his post game PC last night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Bills did it last season after looking flat vs the Bucs the game before. They won their first regular season game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

= injury waiting to happen.Im all for throwing someone in the fire too, but that would be silly, imvho. First off, their team isnt going at it full bore, so you arent going to get real time game conditions.Second, now is the time you DONT want injuries, leading into the season. Its harder to make a comeback than it is to stay at the top. Again, imo, but starting out with injured players doesnt help, no matter how you swing the conversation.And last, but not least, we really dont know what their mindset was going into preseason. It couldve been all about winning, and they still sucked. It could have been all about learning the game, system, etc. It could have been about simply getting everyone into a rhythm. We dont know.And there are indeed teams who lost all their ps games miserably, and yet went on to playoffs within that same season. Throwing players into the fire here, at this time, isnt the answer though. Thats just asking for more trouble.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I guess the Glennman will get the bulk of work. It will be interesting to see if he ups his trade value or hurts it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess the Glennman will get the bulk of work. It will be interesting to see if he ups his trade value or hurts it.

Seth show almost the entire game. I'm pretty sure that's what happened last pre season finale.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly feel safer with Winston playing with/against the seconds so let him play till halftime.The line has been (censored).  Is anyone really worried about losing Mankins more than Winston?  Pick a first unit for week 1 and play them into the second quarter.  At least 4 series.Play the rest normal.  I don't want to see VJax.  Let's see the roster battle receivers work with Winston.  Match the defense up to what ever the Phins do with their offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you not listen to what Ronde said during the game last night? There are 8 teams wanting to trade for Mike, but the Bucs refuse to trade him this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no way will our starters see any significant play, if any at all.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Seth show almost the entire game. I'm pretty sure that's what happened last pre season finale.

That would be interesting. I better drink some coffee to stay awake.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Did you not listen to what Ronde said during the game last night? There are 8 teams wanting to trade for Mike, but the Bucs refuse to trade him this season.

And he also said Conte is the best athlete on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your point is?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

And your point is?

He is full of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your point is?

He is full of it.

C'mon Peanut! So I should believe you over Ronde and a few others with inside knowledge who have said the same thing?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

And your point is?

He is full of it.

C'mon Peanut! So I should believe you over Ronde and a few others with inside knowledge who have said the same thing?

Dude, I was talking about the Conte comment. He lost me when he said that. It was a wtf moment. Then right after that Conte gets beat for a TD. Way to go ronde.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your point is?

He is full of it.

Dude, I was talking about the Conte comment. He lost me when he said that. It was a wtf moment. Then right after that Conte gets beat for a TD. Way to go ronde.

So you are saying he is right about the other comment? It seemed like you were trying to discredit one comment with another. The Conte comment is his opinion. The no trade Mike Glennon this season comment was not his opinion. Comprender?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

And your point is?

He is full of it.

So you are saying he is right about the other comment? It seemed like you were trying to discredit one comment with another. The Conte comment is his opinion. The no trade Mike Glennon this season comment was not his opinion. Comprender?

Dude there is a reason he doesn't do big NFL games comprender?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your point is?

He is full of it.

You've got all the scoop tonight, Peanut. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea how about no.Next.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

And your point is?

He is full of it.

Sure and that reason has nothing to do with the 8 teams who want Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was limping again after his last series. Same ankle too.  He needs to not even play a down and let that ankle heal. Winston playing half of a meaningless game is not going to matter much in the big picture.  But him hurting the ankle more will.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

And your point is?

He is full of it.

Sure and that reason has nothing to do with the 8 teams who want Glennon.

I haven't heard any of the game commentary yet. I'd love to know what teams were asking and what they were willing to give up.Ninety-plus percent, yeah, he stays with the Bucs, as we need a back-up behind a new QB; however, everyone has a price.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

= injury waiting to happen.Im all for throwing someone in the fire too, but that would be silly, imvho. First off, their team isnt going at it full bore, so you arent going to get real time game conditions.Second, now is the time you DONT want injuries, leading into the season. Its harder to make a comeback than it is to stay at the top. Again, imo, but starting out with injured players doesnt help, no matter how you swing the conversation.And last, but not least, we really dont know what their mindset was going into preseason. It couldve been all about winning, and they still sucked. It could have been all about learning the game, system, etc. It could have been about simply getting everyone into a rhythm. We dont know.And there are indeed teams who lost all their ps games miserably, and yet went on to playoffs within that same season. Throwing players into the fire here, at this time, isnt the answer though. Thats just asking for more trouble.

Agree!    It would be totally stupid to play the starters in a game that means nothing.  The 4th pre season game should always be for those players trying to make the final spots on the team. I can't believe any knowledgeable NFL fan would suggest such a thing!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was limping again after his last series. Same ankle too.  He needs to not even play a down and let that ankle heal. Winston playing half of a meaningless game is not going to matter much in the big picture.  But him hurting the ankle more will.

agree  The next 2 weeks are for healing and game planning for the first game. Not preparing for another pretend game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think guys that need the reps should play. No reason to play Doug, McCoy, LD, etc. but the young oline could use some more looks.It will never happen though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we cant afford to trade Glennon. the offensive line is playing like garbage and may get Winston killedwe need QB insurance

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suggesting the starters play for a half is sign of possible mental retardation. Actually doing as such merely confirms it. Losing Winston to a backup DE who may not even make their team is insanely illogical. He will get his lumps in live fire action. The best way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suggesting the starters play for a half is sign of possible mental retardation. Actually doing as such merely confirms it. Losing Winston to a backup DE who may not even make their team is insanely illogical. He will get his lumps in live fire action. The best way.

Different mentality.If so fearful of having them get hurt, why practice at all?Are they any less likely to get injured in preseason game #3 than they would be in preseason game #4?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, it is fear of losing solid players to savages trying to make tape. Nothing to do with weakness.  Plenty to do with tomfoolery.

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.