Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 89 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

1. Saints 6-2
      2. Seahawks 6-2
      3. Packers 6-2
      4. Eagles 3-4-1
      5. Buccaneers 6-3
      6. Cardinals 5-3
      7. Rams 5-3
      —————
      8. Bears 5-4
      9. 49ers 4-5
      10. Vikings 3-5
      11. Lions 3-5

To guarantee our playoff spot we need the Bears to continue to stumble. I’m putting the Vikings on here because they’ve been playing very well and I could see a surge.

• Pennywise

Participant

I’m rooting for bucs,they take care of their business each week ,and they will be fine.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Unfortunately i have no faith Buffalo beats Seattle

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Bucs should be good enough to make it with no help.

• JC5100

Participant

Bucs should be good enough to make it with no help.

Yes but this is the fun part about winning. At the end of the year when you get into seeding scenarios, the team your competing with losing is just as important as you winning.

• JC5100

Participant

Updated

• 3rd String Kicker

Thanks JC! Going to sticky this one. Tough loss last night but I think it was needed.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I think Atl or Minn will scratch and claw their way into contention for that 7th spot by the end. Those week 15,17 games against Atl could be more meaningful than some may have originally thought.

• creamsicles

Participant

I remember a great postseason that included a trip to Philly :-)

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Those week 15,17 games against Atl could be more meaningful than some may have originally thought.

Absolutely they will.

Rams game will be big as well.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Such a shame that any team from the NFC East is going to make the playoffs AND host a first-round game with that kind of dreadful play going on there. Yes, Bucs playing like they are capable of will take care of the playoffs. Don’t be scoreboard watching down the stretch, punch your own damn ticket!

• Mic

Participant

When we meet the saints again in the playoffs expect the same beat down

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

When we meet the saints again in the playoffs expect the same beat down

Hopefully seattle or GB takes care of them for us.

• Roy

Participant

Update of the playoff picture: Carolina is now out of the picture. They’d have to win six straight to go 9-7. Wait till next year, Panthers.

• m_j

Participant

win vs. rams would be great, it would almost certainly secure us seed 5. which means fairly easy WC game (we can‘t lose many games after bye)

we will probably get destroyed vs. KS, our secondary can‘t stop a good QB, and definitely not a QB who is great vs. blitz, but we‘re good vs. anyone else.

and then in the playoffs …. whatever happens. I almost forgot what that word means! do not know if you remember last playoff game vs. giants, grat atmosphere, full ray jay, thousans of flags, great first quarter, we push them hard, one three and out follows another, after first quarter we all plan for divisional and then giants go all the way to win SB and I do not really remember anything from that day until today :-)

• JC5100

Participant

Updated

1. Packers 7-2
      ————-
      2. Saints 7-2
      3. Cardinals 6-3
      4. Eagles 3-5-1
      5. Bucccaneers 7-3
      6. Rams 6-3
      7. Seahawks 6-3
      ————–
      8. Bears 5-5
      9. Vikings 4-5
      10. Lions 4-5
      11. 49ers 4-6

EDIT: Vikings are coming in hot. They’re next 3 games are easy: Cowboys, Panthers, Jaguars. Our game with them could end up being huge.

• dalbuc

Participant

NFCE is a dumpster fire.I thought it was Philly’s then they crapped the bed. Doesn’t really matter who gets in though.
      The NFCW will beat each other up the rest of the year. Rams are the best team out there but Russ is the best player. Cards are a fraud team, I can only hope they get into the playoffs.
      NFCN is clearly the Pack and no one else is getting in.
      We need the FSU Rapist to throw away the South lead.

• xXIronLionBucFanXx

Participant

I wouldn’t want to play the Vikings or the Falcons right now. Both are better than their record suggests…oh wait, we play both of them…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

How are the cards a fraud team? I wouldn’t wanna play them. Best qb-wr combo in the league imho

• Biggs3535

Participant

Vikings are coming in hot. They’re next 3 games are easy: Cowboys, Panthers, Jaguars. Our game with them could end up being huge.

That’s after the bye week, so that is advantageous to the Bucs.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I believe in storylines. Saints/ Falcons game has much intrigue for me. Some will think I’m nuts and this may be a little long but here it goes..

If Atl can win on Sunday? They are a Gurley mistake at the 1 away from FIVE straight. They have Den and NO again, the following two weeks. I think the Den game is definitely winnable thus setting up Atl with a chance to sweep NO.
      I know it seems 🦇 **** crazy because Atl is a complete afterthought. Fresh off a bye and as healthy as they’ve been all year. “ IF” they win Sunday, good chance it comes down to their rematch. With us looking at this possible scenario by week 14 –

NO 9-4 ( KC,Minn,Car)
      TB 9-4 (Atl week 15,17)
      Atl 7-6 (TB week 15,17)
      All 3 mathematically could win NFC South

The flip side Saints win Sunday. Its the Jameis road to redemption. They win, he probably plays well and I believe he’ll lead them right into the postseason with a shot at SB. With a possible Bucs/ Saints RD 3 in NFC title game.
      When you look at the fact he’d have a shot to be franchise QB #4 to leave Tampa and win a SB. The same year the unimaginable happens with landing Tom Brady. Man, it just brings an even more prophetic feel to this scenario doesn’t it? Talk about drama..Idk if my heart could handle it. Brady’s Bucs vs Winston’s Saints for trip to SB , whaaaat???!!

Now keep in mind that BOTH storylines could actually happen!! We could meet Atl (7-6), with all 3 of us with a shot at the South. NO pulls off the South gets the #2 we beat Atl to get the #5. Still meet NO n Jameis in NFC title game.
      Just remember it’s the 2020 NFL season before you find any of this too crazy. My only concern I’ll be typing my “told you so “ from a hospital bed.

• seekpar

Participant

DEBUCS I would take Mahomes/Hill over Murray/Hopkins any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I DO believe that DHop is the best WR in the NFL though.

Diehard, you have a fertile imagination!

• Mic

Participant

Honestly playing the eagles/Giants sound much more attractive than playing the West. I could easily see a Bucs/Seattle while we go through Philly AZ

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I may have a fertile imagination or just a severe case of Tampa Bay PTSD.
      I will NEVER again prematurely count on anything until it’s official. I remember being 9-3 and a #2 seed. I kept looking at who and where , etc. Just to lose the last four. We are only 7-3 with a relatively tough schedule.
      I also remember watching the 2000 Ravens start 3-5, and nobody had them on the playoffs radar. Just to win 12 straight and a SB. ( The 3rd TB franchise QB to do so).

• JC5100

Participant

1. Saints 8-2
      ————–
      2. Rams 7-3
      3. Packers 7-3
      4. Eagles 3-6-1
      5. Seahawks 7-3
      6. Buccaneers 7-4
      7. Cardinals 6-4
      ——————
      8. Bears 5-5

I’m dropping the Vikings out, that was a terrible loss. Division looks like it’s a lost cause if Saints beat Broncos and Bucs lose to Chiefs. It will come down to use taking care of business in those last 4 and/or scoreboard watching the Bears.

Bears schedule
      @ GB
      vs DET
      vs HOU
      @ MIN
      @ Jax
      vs GB (Packers will likely be locked into 2-3 seed and not play Rodgers)

• Lawdy

Participant

this team is somewhere in between those pretender type 2005 and 2007 one and done buc teams

• Lawdy

Participant

and the thought that the saints may end up celebrating a superbowl win in our stadium is absolutely disgusting

• JC5100

Participant

this team is somewhere in between those pretender type 2005 and 2007 one and done buc teams

The 2005 team was significantly better than this team. If Bryant didn’t shank the kick vs Chicago or all those crazy plays didn’t go the Redskins way they could have gone to the Super Bowl. Held Redskins to 25 yards passing in a playoff game.

• Swash

Participant

Lmao

• TURBO

Participant

lol at the thought of this Eagles team making the playoffs…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

The 2005 team was significantly better than this team. If Bryant didn’t shank the kick vs Chicago or all those crazy plays didn’t go the Redskins way they could have gone to the Super Bowl. Held Redskins to 25 yards passing in a playoff game.

Arrington fumbled back the ball too early in that game . The officials blew it.

• Lawdy

Participant

so lose to the vikings and thats 3 home losses in a row. ummm fire everybody at that point cause its ova. so no pressure bruce

• Vance

Participant

More worried about the Falcons. They may not be good but those boys play hard as hell. Jones if healthy could very well Tyrek Hill us for sure. I hate the Falcons – this is the first time where I am kind of scared of them.

• JC5100

Participant

Bucs were fortunate with the Bears, Rams and Cardinals losing but it’s keeping the 49ers and Vikings alive.

1. Saints 9-2
      ————-
      2. Seahawks 8-3
      3. Packers 8-3
      4. Giants 4-7
      5. Rams 7-4
      6. Buccaneers 7-5
      7. Cardinals 6-5
      —————
      8. Vikings 5-6
      9. Bears 5-6
      10. 49ers 5-6

• Bucman

Participant

The Cardinals and Rams still have 2 games left against each other. One of them will likely be eliminated because of that. Bucs just need to win 3/4 which is doable

• 3rd String Kicker

That Vikings game will be critical / high stakes, if we beat them I think their playoff hopes are crushed and if they beat us at home after our bye week, we very well may have no business being in the playoffs.

• seekpar

Participant

Even if the Bucs make the playoffs, they’ll likely have to go to Seattle or Green Bay and will get absolutely stomped.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Take care of business and no need to scoreboard watch.

• creamsicles

Participant

I believe the Bucs will make the playoffs and be a dangerous team that no one will want to play. I expect to see a superior team after the bye. Much can change, but at this point I see us winning our first playoff game (at least).

Not trying to be a homer… just see big reasons for optimism. My biggest concern is the defense, but I’m going to give Bowles the benefit of the doubt that he’ll use this bye week to make needed adjustments.

• seekpar

Participant

They’ve had 11 weeks now to make adjustments. Is one more week going to make that much of a difference? This team has been trending in the wrong direction for several weeks now. Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson on the road in round one, pick your poison.

• RW

Participant

Even if the Bucs make the playoffs, they’ll likely have to go to Seattle or Green Bay and will get absolutely stomped.

Actually the Bucs can beat both the Seahawks and the Packers. It’s the Saints and the Rams I worry about.

• kenntak

Participant

I think the Saints present the worst match up, although Green Bay at that time of the year would be nasty. The Bucs should be favored in the remaining games, and while they do not need to win out, they should. They have to gain some momentum going into the playoffs, and play each of the next 4 games like it is a playoff game. I predicted 10-6 at the beginning of the season, so 11-5 would be better.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant
      Pos