Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/06/04/audio-bill-polian-lovie-smith-has-the-formula-for-winning-in-the-nfl/#

“I think that assuming Glennon comes on and grows ... which he has a chance to do ... if you can play great defense ... which you know Lovie will do ... and take care of the football and have the ability to create big plays downfield off the running game ... which of course you know Lovie will do ... you have the formula for winning in the National Footall League. You don’t win with offense alone but you can win with defense alone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think if Lovie, or a similar NFL-experienced coach, weren’t there for the Glazers, Schiano would still be our coach. Hiring Lovie got most of our fanbase energized again, which surely played into the decision too!    I have no problem with Mike Evans' lack of college experience at WR. His physical tools, desire, and smarts will overcome. And, my impression is he's very coachable...    LOL; with all the focus on Lovie's D experience, the forgotten man is DC Leslie Frazier. He ran a really good D before he got bumped up to HC...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think if Lovie, or a similar NFL-experienced coach, weren't there for the Glazers, Schiano would still be our coach. Hiring Lovie got most of our fanbase energized again, which surely played into the decision too!    I have no problem with Mike Evans' lack of college experience at WR. His physical tools, desire, and smarts will overcome. And, my impression is he's very coachable...    LOL; with all the focus on Lovie's D experience, the forgotten man is DC Leslie Frazier. He ran a really good D before he got bumped up to HC...

IDK... Didn't the vikes run a lot of stunt/blitzes?  I think Lovie will dictate to his coordinators what he wants to do... nicely, of course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bill Polian is one of, if not the most, overrated NFL league mind around. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bill Polian is one of, if not the most, overrated NFL league mind around.

Agree. Props for drafting Manning with the #1 overall pick but everything else is credited to the play of his QB. I consider Billichek to be the benefactor of a similar situation. How many Patriot assistants have performed well in gigs outside of New England?Manning and Brady made these guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t discount what he did in Buffalo and Carolina…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't discount what he did in Buffalo and Carolina...

You're right. He absolutely brought zero championships to both franchises.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't discount what he did in Buffalo and Carolina...

You're right. He absolutely brought zero championships to both franchises.  ;D

Yeah, 4 conference championships and a 12 win expansion team. tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having Peyton Manning certainly helps, but in the six years after picking him, Polian drafted Edgerrin James, Mike Peterson, Reggie Wayne, Ryan Diem, Dwight Freeney, Dallas Clark, Robert Mathis, Cato June, Bob Sanders, and Jake Scott. He had an excellent run as a GM.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.