Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If we lose CG & or AB we will need 1 or 2 receivers.

Scotty Miller & Tyler Johnson hypothetically could be #2 and #3 receivers, respectively.

I’d feel more confident bringing in a veteran, however.

The two names on the top of my list? Larry Fitzgerald & AJ Green.

Obviously both well past their prime, but Fitz especially great dude & great locker room guy.

Fitzgerald over Green but I’d like either, assuming CG leaves.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

This morning on “Get Up” On ESPN they speculated OBJ linking up with Brady.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I love Chris Godwin. He’s a no nonsense guy who comes in, keeps his head focused and his mouth shut and puts in the work. I’d love to have him back. But if he leaves, I would kill to have OBJ.

Think about it. Mike Evans, OBJ, Antonio Brown, and Gronk?? Enough to make opposing defensive coordinators shit their pants.

• buccnation

Participant

Give me Godwin over OBJ. But I expect Johnson to have a much bigger role next year. If Godwin isn’t brought back then I’d sign a cheap veteran.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I see AB back with us next season, especially if we lose Godwin.

If Godwin moves on, I see Tyler Johnson/Scotty Miller stepping up into filling that void.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

AB ain’t going anywhere as long as bradys here imho.

• Roy

Participant

OBJ and AB together….. On the same team…. Be careful what you wish for.

OBJ will cost $14.5 mil. Godwin would cost slightly more than that, but with a new contract you could work it so the cap hit isn’t too terrible in the first year. And you’d have to give up a draft pick for OBJ. Godwin is high character. He blocks. He doesn’t complain. If you can’t keep Godwin’s salary, then it makes no sense to bring in another high salary guy.

• JC5100

Participant

Just flood Godwin’s contract with a high signing bonus and guaranteed roster bonuses and base salaries in 2022 and 2023. It will keep his 2021 cap number down but he still gets his money.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

OBJ is NOT coming here. End of story.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

CG irked me with the drops in the playoffs but I wouldn’t swap him for OBJ for shit. CG is younger, would still be cheaper and doesn’t have the history of leg injuries that OBJ does. Plus CG’s role in the blocking game can’t be overlooked. OBJ ain’t doing that for us.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

On another WR note, I read that Tennessee is probably gonna cut Chris Humphries.

We made a great decision letting that guy walk.

• buccnation

Participant

Yeah I agree. But I also wouldn’t mind then bringing him in for cheap if he is cut.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

We’ve been grooming Watson and Miller for years. Johnson now has a year under his belt.

Also, with Brady changing the offense to utilize more TE’s, we have OJ, Brate, Hudson, and, hopefully, Gronk back going into next year.

Maybe, AB might come cheaper too. I would hate to see Godwin go, but I want to keep Barrett.

• rob

Participant

Per Cameron Wolf with ESPN: “Chris Godwin, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: If he’s available, he should be the Dolphins’ No.1 target, even at $20 million per year as a speedy, shifty, versatile playmaker who stresses a defense deep and can take a slant to the end zone from 80 yards out.”

$20 million per year? Would be hard to compete with that, even with a hometown discount.

• seekpar

Participant

Yeah, right…how many FN slants has CG taken to the house from 80 yards out with the Bucs? LMAO

• JC5100

Participant

He went 70 with one but didn’t score.

Not only is Godwin the #1 blocking WR in the league, he was #1 in catch % for WRs with 70+ targets. And this was a bad year for him because he had a concussion, pulled hamstring and surgery to repair a broken finger, all in the first 7 weeks of the year.

• Swash

Participant

Godwin has been vastly underrated from this fan base from what I’ve seen in comments. He and Lavonte are the 2 top priorities to bring back.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I think the Bucs franchise tag CG and pay Barrett.

Everyone else will take a discount or be elsewhere.

IMHO Gronk and David take less to stay and Suh may even follow suit.

Fournette and AB should chase the money. Both can get paid double elsewhere and can be the focal points they want to be on offense.

No way Fournette comes back to split time.

This is one of AB’s last chances to make a money grab before he is out of the league.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I do like godwin, think he gets franchised for 15m or whatever which is rough considering the 13-18m in definite cap space currently, but I also don’t think his production with Brady in this offense is worth that kind of money, ball gets spread around too much.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.