Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

We need a pasd catching back. Period. I wouldn’t be opposed to the Alabama RB @ 32. Usually i hate round 1 RBs but drafting so late, I’d be on board.

RBs arent worth paying 9 times out of 10, & @32 we’d have a pass catching game breaking type RB under team control & cheap for 4 or 5 years.

FA class includes frank gore & AP. Meh. AP maybe for league minimum but we can live without either, obviously.

• JC5100

Participant

Here’s a wild idea. KeShawn Vaughn

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Right? We keep drafting them and not playing them. We have guys already on the roster. Let them play.

• SunnyD

Participant

Licht cannot spend anymore premium resources on RB. They need to give Vaughn a ton of reps and see what he can do.

If James White will come cheap to play with Brady he is probably a no brainer or some other really cheap FA is an option but hard pass on anymore RBs in the first three rounds this year. Too many other pressing depth needs at more important positions.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Other needs are more pressing than RB. D-Line is top priority followed by O-Line and CB.

Not to mention I think Fournette will be back.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Cb is a need? We have 3 above average ones.

• kenntak

Participant

Didn’t Fournette say that he does not want to split time with another back?

• buccnation

Participant

Use ronald jones more and sign a cheap back to compete with vaughn. Jones is good. Fournette was solid but nothing spectacular.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Fournette was solid, but nothing spectacular… except for the fact he was the most reliable receiver and pass blocker out of the bunch?

We’re one-dimensional with Rojo. Vaughn remains an unknown. Guess we could do that duo next year, but if we’re still in “win-now” mode, then I dunno.

• buccnation

Participant

Reliable? Fournette dropped more balls than RoJo. He was very very average as a receiver. Plus, to me, it looked like he lost some of his explosion. He was slow and his vision was downright bad at times. No thanks unless he comes cheap. </p>
        <p>James White is of higher priority for me than Fournette is. And there’s a reason Bruce threatened to cut him towards the end. Cause he’s replaceable.

• SunnyD

Participant

Fournette accumulated some stats in the playoffs and I don’t mean to diminish the role he played in this Super Bowl victory but I don’t think he is irreplaceable and I think a lot of RBs could have done what he did given the same looks and oppurtunities.

If he wants above average money or if he is going to be a headache everytime Rojo is featured than I say “See Ya”

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

What’s this dude Fournettes deal…I know he had a very good playoff run but he’s talking like he’s the second coming of Marshall Faulk or something… dude goes down easy and always looks like he’s running on mud, I know he does things well like catching out the backfield and blocking at times but we as fans don’t know what we have in Vaughn until they give him a shot…

Unless Lenny goes to an offense like the pats who feature pass catching RBs then he’s toast cuz that’s the only thing that’s been keeping him on the field… his runs are slow and goes down easy…

Let the Steelers sign him and it can work towards the teams comp picks..

• BucBalla85

Participant

I also like playoff Lenny and hope he returns in the right role amount. However, others are right that he is replaceable. The biggest reason why he got the bulk of the carries snaps in the postseason is because he was our only back who could consistently catch the ball out of the backfield. I thought Jones and Fournette were even as runners maybe Jones edges him a little bit but Fournette was a better blocker and pass catcher. I didn’t think he was amazing at it was just effective and that’s all our offense needed. If we can get an actual threat there then watch out.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

James White if we bring in an outsider.

Hopefully a strong offseason and training camp will allow Vaughn to crawl outta the doghouse.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

James White is the only answer. Jones/White is perfect for this offense

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

We do not need another a RB.

• Pepsi

Participant

to bet set for 2021 on the cheap and without draft resources:</p>
      <p>Rojo – number 1 RB, keep attempting to develop his ability to play on 3rd, and Brady could help by not throwing the ball at his feet.<br />
      Wayne Gallman – very solid value FA 3rd down back whos capable of handling more carries as insurance. Potential to look very solid behind our Oline.<br />
      Adrian Peterson – cheap, reportedly wants to be here, and is in the stage of his career where backing up ROJO should be fine by him while in pursuit of a ring.<br />
      Vaugn – attempt to devlop him behind Gallman.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Mike Davis another potential FA that would be good. He put up great numbers with Carolina and could do the same here working with RoJo and Vaughn. Davis, White, Gallman all better options to me than a 1st round RB.

Fournette was awesome for us in the playoffs but he is easily replaceable. If Rojo is healthy and gets the bulk of carries next year… He’s quite capable of 1,400 yards.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.