Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 96 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

I haven’t done one yet, so I thought now would be a good time to throw one together. Feel free to add yours. Anything is better than debating Mariota/Winston. 1st - QB Marcus Mariota2nd - DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree3rd - WR Phillip Dorsett 4th - WR Josh Harper5th - CB/FS Byron Jones5th -  CB/FS Nick Marshall6th -  RB Josh Robinson 7th - LB  James Vaughters I realize we need to draft an OL in the top 100, but I haven't watched enough football this year to even pretend to know what OL I like....so I didn't include one. Maybe we just sign Mike Iupati and Clint Boling in free agency and don't draft any OL again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Dupree in the second but I am a Winston guy with the numero uno.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dupree is one of the only DEs I like but I think he’s going mid first.

• install

Participant

I like it assuming we get OL in FA

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dupree is one of the only DEs I like but I think he's going mid first.

Its a good draft for D-line, so its possible he could be there at 34.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This of course as if we signed nobody as a Free Agent. I would go after a OT & OG in FA. 2-DE, CB, LB, S, WR in Free Agency plus a backup QB and trade Glennon. Plus, we need a backup DT.Who knows. depends on who they cut also. Could cut/trade Goldson, Collins, VJAX, Martin???1. QB - Mariota/Winston2. OT - Erving 2. MLB - Kendricks - Trade back3. OG - Jackson/Cann/Matias/Kouandjio/Poutasi4. C - Finnery5. WR/KR - Lockett5. OLB - Spaight6. CB - Mager7. S- Jefferson

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or we could possibly trade up for him if he's there at the end of the 1st. If not, Eli Harold would be a nice pick too. We need some pass rush for real!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or we could possibly trade up for him if he's there at the end of the 1st. If not, Eli Harold would be a nice pick too. We need some pass rush for real!

That is where a extra pick for Glennon would come in handy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, would be thrilled if he went to 34.  I would not take Dorsett at the top of the 3rd.  I'm going to look at Harper, no idea.  Marshall in the 5th is interesting, wouldn't hate.  Like Robinson.  Don't know the LB either.  Are you thinking about him at LB JD?  Does not appear to fit the 3 Davids mold. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see it as a weak draft for Dline. Most are undersized without being being dominant in any particular area.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unrealistic but a guy can hope draft1) QB -Winston2) ILB - E Kendricks3) DE - Za"Darius Smith4) OT/G - Jeremiah PoutasiLove Kendricks, he'd be perfect for our DRealistic 1) QB - Winston2) DE Owa Odighizuwa3) G - Laken Thomlinson4) ILB - HP Pullard Owa is gonna be a beast

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't done one yet, so I thought now would be a good time to throw one together. Feel free to add yours. Anything is better than debating Mariota/Winston. 1st - QB Marcus Mariota2nd - DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree3rd - WR Phillip Dorsett 4th - WR Josh Harper5th - CB/FS Byron Jones5th -  CB/FS Nick Marshall6th -  RB Josh Robinson 7th - LB  James Vaughters I realize we need to draft an OL in the top 100, but I haven't watched enough football this year to even pretend to know what OL I like....so I didn't include one. Maybe we just sign Mike Iupati and Clint Boling in free agency and don't draft any OL again.

Mariota is going to sit for a year.Alvin Dupree has all the measurables but does not display toughness.I like Dorsett pick but that is about it for the top 3.Would have to hope your mid-late rounders pan out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see it as a weak draft for Dline. Most are undersized without being being dominant in any particular area.

This is from the Colts GM, Grigson.This is a strong draft for defensive linemen, particularly the interior guys.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, would be thrilled if he went to 34.  I would not take Dorsett at the top of the 3rd.  I'm going to look at Harper, no idea.  Marshall in the 5th is interesting, wouldn't hate.  Like Robinson.  Don't know the LB either.  Are you thinking about him at LB JD?  Does not appear to fit the 3 Davids mold.

Josh Harper - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-N5hWaEN4Another late round receiver I really like is Tre McBride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdz1CEDlTwJames Vaughters is just a shot in the dark. I think he is better than he is ranked and would be a great pick in the 7th round or as an UDFA. He is big and doesn't appear to be a freak athlete by any means, but his motor never stops and he has great natural instincts.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is from the Colts GM, Grigson.This is a strong draft for defensive linemen, particularly the interior guys.

Hey I could be wrong, I did most of my hobby scouting or whatever u want to call it earlier in the year but I checked out a lot of guys, almost all of the top 10 names, and wasn't impressed this year.  Although the colts GM said particularly interior guys and I look at positions of need for the bucs which was particularly DEs. So i wouldn't know much about the interior guys.Haven't watched Eli Harold who Jdub just mentioned so I just checked out a couple vids on him and he definitely has my attention. Also noticed he had a great combine.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This of course as if we signed nobody as a Free Agent. I would go after a OT & OG in FA. 2-DE, CB, LB, S, WR in Free Agency plus a backup QB and trade Glennon. Plus, we need a backup DT.Who knows. depends on who they cut also. Could cut/trade Goldson, Collins, VJAX, Martin???1. QB - Mariota/Winston2. OT - Erving 2. MLB - Kendricks - Trade back3. OG - Jackson/Cann/Matias/Kouandjio/Poutasi4. C - Finnery5. WR/KR - Lockett5. OLB - Spaight6. CB - Mager7. S- Jefferson

OT TJ Clemings could be an option also with the 2nd pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Erving due to his flexibility of playing numerous spots on the OLine strong at OT but I think could start at either OT or OG. Depends on Free Agency and what we get if we were to sign a OT and OG then we only need 2 kids for the future. Then you could go Kendricks without a trade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything I see about Clemmings has him going in the middle of the first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey I could be wrong, I did most of my hobby scouting or whatever u want to call it earlier in the year but I checked out a lot of guys, almost all of the top 10 names, and wasn't impressed this year.  Although the colts GM said particularly interior guys and I look at positions of need for the bucs which was particularly DEs. So i wouldn't know much about the interior guys.Haven't watched Eli Harold who Jdub just mentioned so I just checked out a couple vids on him and he definitely has my attention. Also noticed he had a great combine.

Fair points. There are some beast D-line guys coming out. Hopefully we can luck out with one. Its rare a good DE hits free agency, teams are not stupid.  lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love these posts. I really didn’t get to watch as much football on Saturday this year so thanks. These are going to be the only threads i can read because there is some serious nonsense on this board right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya, he is a nice player.  34 is unlikely, but hey one can only dream.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Erving due to his flexibility of playing numerous spots on the OLine.

I would have gone with clemmings over Erving a month ago but PRs report on clemmings getting man handled at the senior bowl practices really bothered me.  Makes me want to rewatch clemmings again. First time I watched his stuff on draftbreakdown I had him as someone is be very happy with in the second round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Erving due to his flexibility of playing numerous spots on the OLine. Depends on Free Agency and what we get if we were to sign a OT and OG then we only need 2 kids for the future. Then you could go Kendricks without a trade.

Agree with Erving. I am sure he can play C or OG. Clemmings is a major project. Let someone else have him. We have enough guys who can't get on the field. We need some real talent for our OL, not potential.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have gone with clemmings over Erving a month ago but PRs report on clemmings getting man handled at the senior bowl practices really bothered me.  Makes me want to rewatch clemmings again. First time I watched his stuff on draftbreakdown I had him as someone is be very happy with in the second round.

I saw his senior bowl practices. He sucks, period. Played against weak competition in college and got man handled at the Senior Bowl. This is a good player for someone who has 2-3 years to coach him up and possibly get a legit LT out of the deal. We have no room on the roster for another project OL.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love these posts. I really didn't get to watch as much football on Saturday this year so thanks. These are going to be the only threads i can read because there is some serious nonsense on this board right now.

Plus 1 million.  I am weary of the debate.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw his senior bowl practices. He sucks, period. Played against weak competition in college and got man handled at the Senior Bowl. This is a good player for someone who has 2-3 years to coach him up and possibly get a legit LT out of the deal. We have no room on the roster for another project OL.

He needs work on his technique is all.  He has the tools.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My mistake, I was mixing him up with DJ Humphries.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My mistake, I was mixing him up with DJ Humphries.

Last I checked Walter Football had Clemmings going late first early 2nd. And I agree with that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Pepsi. Not overly impressed with this year’s crop of pass rushers. I’ve heard it is a good pass rusher class too….but personally I don’t see it. Anthony Chickillo is a guy I like in the middle rounds. If you believe the scouting reports he is a slow "plodder" that lacks burst....but then he had the 3rd fastest 10 yard split at the combine among all DL and was a top performer in all the explosion drills. The guy is a nonstop motor guy that will wear down his man and just win his match up. He may never be a double digit sack guy, but I think he can be a great well rounded DE who stops the run, doesn't lose containment, and averages 7 or 8 sacks a year as a LDE. Be great if we grabbed him in the 4th or 5th round. #71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNk-YSnPgk

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Pepsi. Not overly impressed with this year's crop of pass rushers. I've heard it is a good pass rusher class too....but personally I don't see it. Anthony Chickillo is a guy I like in the middle rounds. If you believe the scouting reports he is a slow "plodder" that lacks burst....but then he had the 3rd fastest 10 yard split at the combine among all DL and was a top performer in all the explosion drills. The guy is a nonstop motor guy that will wear down his man and just win his match up. He may never be a double digit sack guy, but I think he can be a great well rounded DE who stops the run and averages 7 or 8 sacks a year. Be great if we grabbed him in the 4th or 5th round. #71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNk-YSnPgk

7 or 8 sacks?Smith and even Bowers could do that.  lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly, and we don't have 2-3 years for him to "sharpen" his tools.If you haven't seen his Senior Bowl practices I suggest you watch. I also had him rated highly like Pepsi until I saw him against decent competition. My grade on him now is 4-5th round. If someone wants him in the 1-2nd, let them go right ahead.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I watch a Paul Dawson vs tape I love that kid more.  Fuck that was a bad 40, but he has great football instincts.  When you go back and look, it’s not a fluke.  He’s not a fast football player, he’s just always where he should be.  He is amazing in that play after play during a game he will take perfect steps.  Snap to whistle, absolutely flawless.  He looks unblockable against the run game at times.  In any kind of space, like no one gets him.  So hard nose.  Great football power.  I don’t think he can play mlb in our defense.  Which really sucks because I love watching him play football.  I just don’t think that he has the foot speed to cover from that position.  He’s good in zones and ok in short man coverage, again because he never takes a wrong step.  It’s getting to some of the drops he’s going to be asked.  Even with near perfect recognition and reaction. Is that fear unfounded?  Because if he can play mlb in our scheme I would be hard pressed to pass on him at 34. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly, and we don't have 2-3 years for him to "sharpen" his tools.If you haven't seen his Senior Bowl practices I suggest you watch. I also had him rated highly like Pepsi until I saw him against decent competition. My grade on him now is 4-5th round. If someone wants him in the 1-2nd, let them go right ahead.

I don't see him lasting that long.  He only played O-line 2 seasons, so yes he is raw. But a good O-line coach will bring out the best in him.    IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I watch a Paul Dawson vs tape I love that kid more.  (censored) that was a bad 40, but he has great football instincts.  When you go back and look, it's not a fluke.  He's not a fast football player, he's just always where he should be.  He is amazing in that play after play during a game he will take perfect steps.  Snap to whistle, absolutely flawless.  He looks unblockable against the run game at times.  In any kind of space, like no one gets him.  So hard nose.  Great football power.  I don't think he can play mlb in our defense.  Which really sucks because I love watching him play football.  I just don't think that he has the foot speed to cover from that position.  He's good in zones and ok in short man coverage, again because he never takes a wrong step.  It's getting to some of the drops he's going to be asked.  Even with near perfect recognition and reaction. Is that fear unfounded?  Because if he can play mlb in our scheme I would be hard pressed to pass on him at 34.

He was a bit higher on my list until the reports about his attitude came out. IMO we need to draft a great player at No.34 who is going to be productive for years to come. I am weary of the attitude issues.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Pepsi. Not overly impressed with this year's crop of pass rushers. I've heard it is a good pass rusher class too....but personally I don't see it. Anthony Chickillo is a guy I like in the middle rounds. If you believe the scouting reports he is a slow "plodder" that lacks burst....but then he had the 3rd fastest 10 yard split at the combine among all DL and was a top performer in all the explosion drills. The guy is a nonstop motor guy that will wear down his man and just win his match up. He may never be a double digit sack guy, but I think he can be a great well rounded DE who stops the run and averages 7 or 8 sacks a year. Be great if we grabbed him in the 4th or 5th round. #71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNk-YSnPgk

Smith is an unknown so fingers crossed, but that slug Bowers hasn't reached 8 sacks yet in four seasons. He doesn't hold the edge and keep containment either and he doesn't show a nose for the ball or show dependable wrap up tackling. Outside of playing DT 10 snaps a game to give our starters a breather, he is pretty useless.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Pepsi. Not overly impressed with this year's crop of pass rushers. I've heard it is a good pass rusher class too....but personally I don't see it. Anthony Chickillo is a guy I like in the middle rounds. If you believe the scouting reports he is a slow "plodder" that lacks burst....but then he had the 3rd fastest 10 yard split at the combine among all DL and was a top performer in all the explosion drills. The guy is a nonstop motor guy that will wear down his man and just win his match up. He may never be a double digit sack guy, but I think he can be a great well rounded DE who stops the run, doesn't lose containment, and averages 7 or 8 sacks a year as a LDE. Be great if we grabbed him in the 4th or 5th round. #71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNk-YSnPgk

He was really hyped up going in to College but did he exceed expectations or get better? I think he is and would be a good pick but more later 5/6th if he is still there. He reminds me of the guy from New England Rob Nickovich. Wouldn't be a bad guy to have if he slipped late just not enamored with him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see him lasting that long.  He only played O-line 2 seasons, so yes he is raw. But a good O-line coach will bring out the best in him.    IMO

Could be, but that is a projection. I want the guy who can already do it. He could end up being a good player, but there is nothing other than athletic ability to indicate this. I need to see it before I am spending a high second on a guy who may never develop.Like I said earlier, this is a pick for a team who already has their OT situation under control and want to possibly get a future franchise LT in round 2. Not a team in dire need of starters.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith is an unknown so fingers crossed, but that slug Bowers hasn't reached 8 sacks yet in four seasons. He doesn't hold the edge and keep containment either and he doesn't show a nose for the ball or show dependable wrap up tackling. Outside of playing DT 10 snaps a game to give our starters a breather, he is pretty useless.

I meant Smith and Bowers together could reach 7-8 sacks.    j/k

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could be, but that is a projection. I want the guy who can already do it. He could end up being a good player, but there is nothing other than athletic ability to indicate this. I need to see it before I am spending a high second on a guy who may never develop.Like I said earlier, this is a pick for a team who already has their OT situation under control and want to possibly get a future franchise LT in round 2. Not a team in dire need of starters.

Tons of upside with the guy.  And I think we are good with Dotson at LT. So I think he would fit right in.  Look at Dallas with Martin, he started right away and played well after going late first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I watch a Paul Dawson vs tape I love that kid more.  (censored) that was a bad 40, but he has great football instincts.  When you go back and look, it's not a fluke.  He's not a fast football player, he's just always where he should be.  He is amazing in that play after play during a game he will take perfect steps.  Snap to whistle, absolutely flawless.  He looks unblockable against the run game at times.  In any kind of space, like no one gets him.  So hard nose.  Great football power.  I don't think he can play mlb in our defense.  Which really sucks because I love watching him play football.  I just don't think that he has the foot speed to cover from that position.  He's good in zones and ok in short man coverage, again because he never takes a wrong step.  It's getting to some of the drops he's going to be asked.  Even with near perfect recognition and reaction. Is that fear unfounded?  Because if he can play mlb in our scheme I would be hard pressed to pass on him at 34.

He was a bit higher on my list until the reports about his attitude came out. IMO we need to draft a great player at No.34 who is going to be productive for years to come. I am weary of the attitude issues.

Have you really watched the guy Goldson?  I'm hooked on his tapes.  Seems like I've seen him jump a dozen hot routes and force the QB to eat the ball now.  But he's doing it every game.  He can't be lazy.  He can't be naturally that gifted at recognition and reaction.  Guess he doesn't show up to meetings and functions?  Maybe he will once that shit starts costing him money he'll knock it off.  Lovie can whip his ass into shape, that young man can play some football.  I just need to know if he can move fast enough. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have you really watched the guy Goldson?  I'm hooked on his tapes.  Seems like I've seen him jump a dozen hot routes and force the QB to eat the ball now.  But he's doing it every game.  He can't be lazy.  He can't be naturally that gifted at recognition and reaction.  Guess he doesn't show up to meetings and functions?  Maybe he will once that (censored) starts costing him money he'll knock it off.  Lovie can whip his ass into shape, that young man can play some football.  I just need to know if he can move fast enough.

I'm also a big fan of paul dawson, that guy can flat out ball, but I doubt Lovie picks him, he wants more speed at MLB and this guy didn't show he has what the coaching staff is looking for with his 4.93 40.  Would pick him all day long in the 3rd though if he drops due to measurables/attitude concerns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love these posts. I really didn't get to watch as much football on Saturday this year so thanks. These are going to be the only threads i can read because there is some serious nonsense on this board right now.

Haha very tired of it all too.  Thought that the combine might change the conversation on the board a bit to other football prospects but nope, all qbs all the time

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have you really watched the guy Goldson?  I'm hooked on his tapes.  Seems like I've seen him jump a dozen hot routes and force the QB to eat the ball now.  But he's doing it every game.  He can't be lazy.  He can't be naturally that gifted at recognition and reaction.  Guess he doesn't show up to meetings and functions?  Maybe he will once that (censored) starts costing him money he'll knock it off.  Lovie can whip his ass into shape, that young man can play some football.  I just need to know if he can move fast enough.

Yeah I watched quite a bit and agree he is impressive. Just the attitude concern and not sure if he is really good dropping in coverage. I didnt see him do enough of that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Dupree with his combine will go first, but who knows.  Also think it might have stephone anthony going higher than my mock.  Put chickillo in a couple days ago!  I heard he has been asked to fit the system at Miami, leading to the poor numbers.  Local guy, Bucs ties, nonstop motor, great 10 yard split, why not late?  And instead of picking an OL, I just included them all.1- winston2- cam erving3- OL , should be lots of options.  Dj humphries, laken Tomlinson, aj cann, jake fisher, reese dismukes, the Oklahoma guys, Donovan smith, Ty sambrialo, whomever.4- Stephone anthony. Did his combine push him higher?5- nick marshall6- anthony chickillo7- athlete

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tons of upside with the guy.  And I think we are good with Dotson at LT. So I think he would fit right in.  Look at Dallas with Martin, he started right away and played well after going late first.

Martin was supposedly technically sound and handled the tougher competition very well at the Senior Bowl. Was never one of my favorites but sure looks like a good pick right now.I just have a whole lot of OL rated above him at No.34. Realistically, you want a starter at OC, OG or RT with pick No.34 IMO. A RT would be great then we just need a guard to field a decent OL. Best bet is Franklin in FA so that you don't feel forced to draft OL early and often. We have lots of holes in this roster.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair points. There are some beast D-line guys coming out. Hopefully we can luck out with one. Its rare a good DE hits free agency, teams are not stupid.  lol

the DEs in this class are not good.  There won’t be any worth taking at 34.  Eli Harold is 247 pounds.  He’s a 34 LB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don’t have 2 or 3 years for our draft picks to sharpen their skills?  Gee, I didn’t know we were so close to winning a super bowl ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can certainly use a guy like him as a situational pass rusher but they aren’t full time DEs.  And are you willing to use the 34th pick on a situational player? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want see a major OL upgrade. My question to those of you with a lot more knowledge than me, does the QB we pick at #1 have any effect on the OL players we select or do they draft based on the system the Bucs will run.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want see a major OL upgrade. My question to those of you with a lot more knowledge than me, does the QB we pick at #1 have any effect on the OL players we select or do they draft based on the system the Bucs will run.

I f we draft Mariota, I think there could be an elevated chance that we draft his center...Hroniss Grasu.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im with Goldson on this one. you cant compare Clemmings and Martin. Martin kicked inside to OG from OT. you are talking about Clemmings being an OTi dont like Clemmings before the mid 2nd. i think hes REALLY overrated. hes a good athlete and hes got the tools but he needs a lot of work. 1st round picks are about guys that are ready to step in day 1 and dont have many holes in their game. i dont see a guy thats ready to start day 1you also mentioned a good OL coach getting the most of him. do you have a ton of faith in Warhop? because i dont

• Anonymous

Inactive

the DEs in this class are not good.  There won't be any worth taking at 34.  Eli Harold is 247 pounds.  He's a 34 LB.

The National Football PostFeb 23, 2015  One of the strong areas of this year’s draft is edge pass rushers. During the college season, some lined up as 4-3 defensive ends while others were 3-4 outside linebackers. In either case, on passing downs, they were used to rush the passer. Most of these players didn’t disappoint with their workouts yesterday and we could very easily see three of these players go in the top 15 of the NFL draft.Dante Fowler – Florida Going into the Combine, he may have been the favorite to get drafted the highest of the group. He didn’t disappoint. At  6025 – 261, he ran a 4.60. Where some hoped he would have done better is in the measurable drills. His vertical was 32.5?. his long jump was 9’4?, and his agilities were 4.32 and 7.40. Those are all good numbers but not outstanding. In the drill work, he moved around well, showing he could both drop into coverage and rush the passer. Fowler can play as a 4-3 end or a 3-4 OLBVic Beasley – ClemsonIf anyone benefited from his Combine performance, it was Beasley. He stole the show yesterday and may have moved ahead of Fowler. Beasley measured 6030 – 245 and had a workout that most corners would love. He ran the 40 in 4.53, his jumps were rare for a big man with a vertical of 41 and a long jump of 10’10”. His 3-cone was a very quick 6.91. As good as all those were, the best may have been his bench press which was 35 reps. That’s the equivalent of a 470-pound bench press. In his drill work, he was just as outstanding, showing effortless movement and change of direction. He will be a 3-4 OLBShane Ray – MissouriRay couldn’t help or hurt his draft stock, as all he did was weigh, measure, and bench press. He is coming off a foot injury in his bowl game and we will have to wait for Mizzou’s pro day before we find out how Ray tests out. As for his height and weight, he came in at 6025 – 245 and did 21 reps on the bench. Ray also will be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.Randy Gregory – Nebraska Going into the combine, many thought Gregory would be able to play DE in a 4-3. At 6047 – 235, he won’t be playing defensive end. At that size he has to be a 3-4 OLB. He has the athleticism, running a 4.57 in the 40 and his jumps were 36.5? in the vertical and 10’5? in the long jump. Both are excellent numbers. Gregory did not perform the agility drills but looked smooth and explosive doing positional work.Davis Tull – Tennessee – ChattanoogaGoing into the Combine, not many from the media and even in the draftnik community knew much about Tull.  I did my film work on him about a week ago, and he totally dominated FCS competition. I put a fourth round grade on him. After yesterday, that grade just may have to go up. Because of an injury, Tull didn’t do a lot but what he did do was remarkable. He measured 6020 -246 and his jumps were 42.5 in the vertical and 11? in the long jump. You can bet there will be quite a crowd at Tull’s pro day! With that explosiveness, he could move up to the third round.Leonard Williams – USCWilliams was looked at as the best defensive tackle entering the Combine. Coming out, I would say he still holds that position. At 6’5 – 302 he ran a 4.97. While some would have liked him to be a bit more explosive, he still showed very good change of direction and body control. He can play a variety of positions. In a 4-3, he can play left end or 3-technique. In a 3-4, he is an ideal 5-technique.Danny Shelton – WashingtonAt 6’2 – 339, most knew Shelton wasn’t going to run fast. His 5.64 was slower than expected but his 10 yard time of 1.88 was very good. Where he was impressive, especially for his size, was the vertical jump where he jumped 30.5? and the 20 yard shuttle, which was 4.65. At 339 pounds, those numbers are impressive. While he may not be a top 10 pick, he will still go in the first round. His tape is way too impressive.Preston Smith – Mississippi StateSmith had one of the most impressive workouts of the day. He ran 4.74, jumped 34? and 10’1? and did 4.28 and 7.07 in the agility drills. Those are good numbers for a 245-pound linebacker and Smith weighed in at 271. With that athleticism, his value shot up.Follow Greg on Twitter @greggabeLearn how to scout from Greg in our Introduction to Scouting class. Now enrolling for the March session.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is where a extra pick for Glennon would come in handy.

Or use Glennon as a chip to move up into the lower half of the 1st round..

• Anonymous

Inactive

the DEs in this class are not good.  There won't be any worth taking at 34.  Eli Harold is 247 pounds.  He's a 34 LB.

The National Football PostFeb 23, 2015  One of the strong areas of this year’s draft is edge pass rushers. During the college season, some lined up as 4-3 defensive ends while others were 3-4 outside linebackers. In either case, on passing downs, they were used to rush the passer. Most of these players didn’t disappoint with their workouts yesterday and we could very easily see three of these players go in the top 15 of the NFL draft.Dante Fowler – Florida Going into the Combine, he may have been the favorite to get drafted the highest of the group. He didn’t disappoint. At  6025 – 261, he ran a 4.60. Where some hoped he would have done better is in the measurable drills. His vertical was 32.5?. his long jump was 9’4?, and his agilities were 4.32 and 7.40. Those are all good numbers but not outstanding. In the drill work, he moved around well, showing he could both drop into coverage and rush the passer. Fowler can play as a 4-3 end or a 3-4 OLBVic Beasley – ClemsonIf anyone benefited from his Combine performance, it was Beasley. He stole the show yesterday and may have moved ahead of Fowler. Beasley measured 6030 – 245 and had a workout that most corners would love. He ran the 40 in 4.53, his jumps were rare for a big man with a vertical of 41 and a long jump of 10’10”. His 3-cone was a very quick 6.91. As good as all those were, the best may have been his bench press which was 35 reps. That’s the equivalent of a 470-pound bench press. In his drill work, he was just as outstanding, showing effortless movement and change of direction. He will be a 3-4 OLBShane Ray – MissouriRay couldn’t help or hurt his draft stock, as all he did was weigh, measure, and bench press. He is coming off a foot injury in his bowl game and we will have to wait for Mizzou’s pro day before we find out how Ray tests out. As for his height and weight, he came in at 6025 – 245 and did 21 reps on the bench. Ray also will be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.Randy Gregory – Nebraska Going into the combine, many thought Gregory would be able to play DE in a 4-3. At 6047 – 235, he won’t be playing defensive end. At that size he has to be a 3-4 OLB. He has the athleticism, running a 4.57 in the 40 and his jumps were 36.5? in the vertical and 10’5? in the long jump. Both are excellent numbers. Gregory did not perform the agility drills but looked smooth and explosive doing positional work.Davis Tull – Tennessee – ChattanoogaGoing into the Combine, not many from the media and even in the draftnik community knew much about Tull.  I did my film work on him about a week ago, and he totally dominated FCS competition. I put a fourth round grade on him. After yesterday, that grade just may have to go up. Because of an injury, Tull didn’t do a lot but what he did do was remarkable. He measured 6020 -246 and his jumps were 42.5 in the vertical and 11? in the long jump. You can bet there will be quite a crowd at Tull’s pro day! With that explosiveness, he could move up to the third round.Leonard Williams – USCWilliams was looked at as the best defensive tackle entering the Combine. Coming out, I would say he still holds that position. At 6’5 – 302 he ran a 4.97. While some would have liked him to be a bit more explosive, he still showed very good change of direction and body control. He can play a variety of positions. In a 4-3, he can play left end or 3-technique. In a 3-4, he is an ideal 5-technique.Danny Shelton – WashingtonAt 6’2 – 339, most knew Shelton wasn’t going to run fast. His 5.64 was slower than expected but his 10 yard time of 1.88 was very good. Where he was impressive, especially for his size, was the vertical jump where he jumped 30.5? and the 20 yard shuttle, which was 4.65. At 339 pounds, those numbers are impressive. While he may not be a top 10 pick, he will still go in the first round. His tape is way too impressive.Preston Smith – Mississippi StateSmith had one of the most impressive workouts of the day. He ran 4.74, jumped 34? and 10’1? and did 4.28 and 7.07 in the agility drills. Those are good numbers for a 245-pound linebacker and Smith weighed in at 271. With that athleticism, his value shot up.Follow Greg on Twitter @greggabeLearn how to scout from Greg in our Introduction to Scouting class. Now enrolling for the March session.

only two of those guys will be avail at 34 and both would even be reaches there.  And none of those 1st round guys at DE are great prospects. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of all the top pass rushers I like Gregory, Dupree, and Harold…..but at 235lbs Gregory is no longer a 1st round prospect for me, and both Dupree & Harold are 2nd round prospects imo. I just don’t love any of these pass rushers in the draft. Better go after Houston, Hughes, or JPP in free agency.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of all the top pass rushers I like Gregory, Dupree, and Harold.....but at 235lbs Gregory is no longer a 1st round prospect for me, and both Dupree & Harold are 2nd round prospects imo. I just don't love any of these pass rushers in the draft. Better go after Houston, Hughes, or JPP in free agency.

I cant get over the Gregory vs Lewan tape from 2013. To me that is a good example of what Gregory would look like in a 4-3 going against NFL caliber lineman and he got completely dominated whenever he was one on one against Lewan

• Magnaccia

Participant

1- QB Jamies Winston2- OT Cameron Erving3- WR Tyler Lockett4- G Donovan Smith5- ILB Ben Heeney6- CB Justin Coleman6- FB Tyler Varga7- WR Chris Conley

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of all the top pass rushers I like Gregory, Dupree, and Harold.....but at 235lbs Gregory is no longer a 1st round prospect for me, and both Dupree & Harold are 2nd round prospects imo. I just don't love any of these pass rushers in the draft. Better go after Houston, Hughes, or JPP in free agency.

I cant get over the Gregory vs Lewan tape from 2013. To me that is a good example of what Gregory would look like in a 4-3 going against NFL caliber lineman and he got completely dominated whenever he was one on one against Lewan

only thing with this is it was gregorys sophomore year vs lewans sr?  If he’s a great player it shouldn’t really matter I guess.

• Anonymous

Inactive

only thing with this is it was gregorys sophomore year vs lewans sr?  If he's a great player it shouldn't really matter I guess.

Yea but the thing is it was the same year he was rated as the top defensive prospect in college football. After that year a lot of Mocks had him going number 1 overall. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't done one yet, so I thought now would be a good time to throw one together. Feel free to add yours. Anything is better than debating Mariota/Winston. 1st - QB Marcus Mariota2nd - DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree3rd - WR Phillip Dorsett 4th - WR Josh Harper5th - CB/FS Byron Jones5th -  CB/FS Nick Marshall6th -  RB Josh Robinson 7th - LB  James Vaughters I realize we need to draft an OL in the top 100, but I haven't watched enough football this year to even pretend to know what OL I like....so I didn't include one. Maybe we just sign Mike Iupati and Clint Boling in free agency and don't draft any OL again.

Like the draft, however I think you have Dupree and Jones under drafted. Dupree has a legitimate chance of being a first rounder and Jones most likely at worse is a third rounder.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Erving had a good enough combine that I’m not confident he’ll be there at #34.  I like him a lot there if he is though.  Same deal with Dupree.

• Magnaccia

Participant

Erving had a good enough combine that I'm not confident he'll be there at #34.  I like him a lot there if he is though.  Same deal with Dupree.

Scherff, Peat, Collins, Flowers, Sambrailo, Clemmings, Kouandjio probably all go before Erving. I don't see that many OL coming off the board in Round 1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Break out the Youtube highlights….They are highlights folks, not a good tool to evaluate players

• Anonymous

Inactive

Erving had a good enough combine that I'm not confident he'll be there at #34.  I like him a lot there if he is though.  Same deal with Dupree.

Scherff, Peat, Collins, Flowers, Sambrailo, Clemmings, Kouandjio probably all go before Erving. I don't see that many OL coming off the board in Round 1.

Sambrailo? no F'ing way. that dudes a 3rd or 4th rounder. he needs workScherff, Peat, Flowers definately. he starts coming into play around Collins. Clemmings is a reach in the 1st and early second. Kouandjio is in the same area as Erving

• Anonymous

Inactive

If by chance Dupree is there in the second I really like his agility and explosion - he would represent great value. For me based on projections and statistical analysis...when its all said and done my top rated "EDGE RUSHERS". I personally expect to see all four of these players to produce in the NFL above some of the more highly touted edge rushers that are sure to be drafted ahead of them.Bud DupreeVic BeasleyOwamagbe OdighizuwaEli Harold

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me Flowers is the top rated OT. Both Scherff and Collins are better suited for guard and are currently 1 and 2 on my guard board.I also don't see Sambrailo, Kouandjio going before Erving - there see also a slight possibility that Erving goes before Clemmings - Ervings versatility and Clemmings rawness  is counter productive and essentially gives Erving a  slight edge.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For such a freak, why didn’t Dupree’s athleticism translate in terms of stats?

• Anonymous

Inactive

As far as film goes, Gregory is easily my favorite pass rusher in the draft. But I can't take a 235lbs DE in the 1st round. If he's 250lbs....I can buy into him putting on five or ten pounds and still pull the trigger. But 235lbs? I just couldn't do it despite the excellent film.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also have to remember the scheme he played in during college changed and he was a multi-use type player – he managed 23.5 sacks and 37 tackles for loss in his career. Not bad numbers. He did not always rush the passer on every passing down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gregory is even lighter then what Simeon Rice played at. When Rice was with the Bucs his weight would hover around 245-250. I am with JDub – no way in the first round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gregory has to be a 3-4 guy, right? I understand he may have struggled with weight recently due to illness, but there was one report that he was 218 (!) at the end of the season. He’s tall, but I don’t see a frame that can handle weight. I just don’t see how he can handle the pounding he’d take in a 4-3. I'm way behind where I was last year in terms of my sense of players, but here's a first stab:1) Winston2) Kendricks (I think it's 50/50 he makes it to round 2)3) Donovan Smith (T/G, Penn State)4) John Miller (G, Louisville)5) Jamison Crowder (WR, Duke - I feel like his numbers are going to kill him, but maybe I'm off). I also like Tre McBride and have seen him in round 5, but think he's going higher. 6) Nick Marshall (CB, S, Auburn)7) Jake Smith (C, Louisville)I'm pretty much guessing on the last two. I just know we always need DBs and don't have a feel for the CB/S class. Also feel like we need an overhaul of depth OL and Smith was a C I found with a round 7 grade. Like that he snapped to a current pro QB as well. Feel free to pick it apart!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gregory is almost too small to be a 3-4 OLB. i dont know if he can set an edgehes basically SAM linebacker size. if he cant gain weight hes going to need to be used like Von Miller and play LB

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me the optimal draft would be one in which the team can trade down in the second – from the first pick to middle of the pack and pick up and extra third rounder…1. QB Winston2. DE Eli Harold3. T Ty Sambrailo3. T/G Donovan Smith4. CB Doran Grant5. ILB Ben Heeney5.'G/C Andy Gallik6. OLB Jordan Hicks7. FB Jalston Fowler

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was trying to play it straight, but I agree Yucs. Somewhere we need a trade down. I’m thinking round 2 or 3.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For such a freak, why didn't Dupree's athleticism translate in terms of stats?

Great point. For such a big, freak athlete, he just isnt a very good football player. I have never seen such a highly rated DE with his size bounce off and miss so many tackles.I would not doubt that he is there in the 2nd because frankly he is not a good football player.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m going to have a go at it.1. Winston QBFranchise QB.2. Erving OL Versatile can play any position.3. Kevin Johnson CB Wake ForestNickle corner.4. Stephone Anthony MLB ClemsonHe can play this position but will have growing pains.5. Rob Havenstein OL WisconsinHope he slips due to bad combine.5. Dres Anderson WR UtahExplosive player with knee injury but should be ready for TC6. Anthony Jefferson S UCLAAutomatically upgrades special teams and is backup safety.7. Zach Zenner RB S Dakota St.Physical runner with good size and toughness.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1: R1P1   QB  JAMEIS WINSTON  FLORIDA STATE 34: R2P2   OT  ERECK FLOWERS  MIAMI 65: R3P1   G  ARIE KOUANDJIO  ALABAMA 106: R4P10 ILB  TAIWAN JONES  MICHIGAN STATE 154: R5P26   C  B.J. FINNEY  KANSAS STATE 160: R5P32 WR  TRE MCBRIDE  WILLIAM & MARY 168: R6P8 DE  ZACH WAGENMANN  MONTANA 193: R7P1 OLB  DAVIS TULL  CHATTANOOGA

• Anonymous

Inactive

1: R1P1   QB  JAMEIS WINSTON  FLORIDA STATE 34: R2P2   OT  ERECK FLOWERS  MIAMI 65: R3P1   G  ARIE KOUANDJIO  ALABAMA 106: R4P10 ILB  TAIWAN JONES  MICHIGAN STATE 154: R5P26   C  B.J. FINNEY  KANSAS STATE 160: R5P32 WR  TRE MCBRIDE  WILLIAM & MARY 168: R6P8 DE  ZACH WAGENMANN  MONTANA 193: R7P1 OLB  DAVIS TULL  CHATTANOOGA

Not bad, interesting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm going to have a go at it.1. Winston QBFranchise QB.2. Erving OL Versatile can play any position.3. Kevin Johnson CB Wake ForestNickle corner.4. Stephone Anthony MLB ClemsonHe can play this position but will have growing pains.5. Rob Havenstein OL WisconsinHope he slips due to bad combine.5. Dres Anderson WR UtahExplosive player with knee injury but should be ready for TC6. Anthony Jefferson S UCLAAutomatically upgrades special teams and is backup safety.7. Zach Zenner RB S Dakota St.Physical runner with good size and toughness.

I'll have this with a side of hell yea, please!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll subscribe to the idea that we pick up an extra 3rd, be it via Glennon trade or a trade back in the 2nd, also hoping we sign Brandon Graham as a DE.1. Marcus Mariota QB ORE2. Cam Erving OL FSU3. Paul Dawson LB TCU3. Senquez Golson CB MISS4. Rob Havenstein OT WISC5. Stefon Diggs WR UMD5. Damarious Randall S ASU6. Jake Ryan LB MICH7. Zach Wagenmann DE MONTHave at it, i'd love to hear some feedback.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched some Owamagbe Odighizuwa games. That guy looks pretty good. I think I’d be pretty happy with him in the 2nd round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve got to watch more on Owa – I just saw the Senior Bowl practices and USC. Definitely some things I like, but not totally sold. He is one of the few obvious 4-3 ends I see though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched some Owamagbe Odighizuwa games. That guy looks pretty good. I think I'd be pretty happy with him in the 2nd round.

a second round ucla def lineman with bad hips?  Interesting…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm going to have a go at it.1. Winston QBFranchise QB.2. Erving OL Versatile can play any position.3. Kevin Johnson CB Wake ForestNickle corner.4. Stephone Anthony MLB ClemsonHe can play this position but will have growing pains.5. Rob Havenstein OL WisconsinHope he slips due to bad combine.5. Dres Anderson WR UtahExplosive player with knee injury but should be ready for TC6. Anthony Jefferson S UCLAAutomatically upgrades special teams and is backup safety.7. Zach Zenner RB S Dakota St.Physical runner with good size and toughness.

I'll have this with a side of hell yea, please!

Yea I second it. I have three guys from your mock in mine (Winston, Anthony and Jefferson).

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Jamies Winston QB FSU2. Jake Fisher OT/G Oregon 3. Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson3. Ifo Ekpre Olumu CB/FS Oregon 4. Josue Matias OG FSU5. Anthony Jefferson SS UCLA6. Stefon Diggs WR Maryland7. Shaquille Riddick DE West VirginaFree Agent DE - Greg Hardy, Brandon Graham OT - Joe BarksdaleWR - Eddie RoyalQB - Jason Campbell*Extra third is from trading Glennon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As always, I have no idea where these guys are actually projected to go. For all I know, every player I used could be a first rounder. I did absolutely the best I could without putting much effort into it.I'm assuming a third rounder for Glennon.1. Jameis Winston, QB FSUBest QB in the draft and best QB prospect I've ever personally watched.2. Cam Erving, OL FSUPositional versatility where he can start right away and be groomed as the future at any number of positions along the line.3a. Ali Marpet, OL HobartAthletic guard that compete for the job opposite of Mankins.3b. Stephone Anthony, MLB ClemsonMLB to quarterback the defense.4. Ty Montgomery, WR StanfordImmediately improves WR depth and return game.5a. Shaq Mason, OL Georgia TechAnother athletic lineman with versatility to play guard or center. 5b. Karlos Williams, RB FSUSpeed and toughness that also is a dynamic special teams player.6. Deion Barnes, DE Penn StateAthletic DE.7. Cole Manhart, OL Nebraska-KearneyProject athletic small school tackle, probably would end up on practice squad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As always, I have no idea where these guys are actually projected to go. For all I know, every player I used could be a first rounder. I did absolutely the best I could without putting much effort into it.I'm assuming a third rounder for Glennon.1. Jameis Winston, QB FSUBest QB in the draft and best QB prospect I've ever personally watched.2. Cam Erving, OL FSUPositional versatility where he can start right away and be groomed as the future at any number of positions along the line.3a. Ali Marpet, OL HobartAthletic guard that compete for the job opposite of Mankins.3b. Stephone Anthony, MLB ClemsonMLB to quarterback the defense.4. Ty Montgomery, WR StanfordImmediately improves WR depth and return game.5a. Shaq Mason, OL Georgia TechAnother athletic lineman with versatility to play guard or center. 5b. Karlos Williams, RB FSUSpeed and toughness that also is a dynamic special teams player.6. Deion Barnes, DE Penn StateAthletic DE.7. Cole Manhart, OL Nebraska-KearneyProject athletic small school tackle, probably would end up on practice squad.

I expected more out of Shaq at the combine.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasn’t invited to the combine. Or is that what you meant?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched some Owamagbe Odighizuwa games. That guy looks pretty good. I think I'd be pretty happy with him in the 2nd round.

a second round ucla def lineman with bad hips?  Interesting...

I haven't had the time this year to do in-depth research on these guys. I'm just talking about what I saw when watching his game footage. I really don't know much about character or injury concerns this year. If he has a legit hip issue...then never mind.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know less than you, just tidbits of scary similarities.  Just having fun.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well now that you brought it to my attention I googled it…..two hip surgeries and missed and entire season. PASS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

love the first 5 picks.. then we would have to work on the back end

• rmslpn

Participant

As far as film goes, Gregory is easily my favorite pass rusher in the draft. But I can't take a 235lbs DE in the 1st round. If he's 250lbs....I can buy into him putting on five or ten pounds and still pull the trigger. But 235lbs? I just couldn't do it despite the excellent film.

he weighed 218 when he started to train for combine

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll play:1) Jameis Winston, QB, FSU - Could go either way between him and Mariota2) Stephone Anthony, MLB, Clem - Come on folks, you know Lovie wants his MLB3) Tyler Lockett, WR, KSU - Lovie gets his PR and helluva a slot receiver4) Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colo St. - Athletic RT from an up-tempo offense5) Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky - Pass rush help is always needed6) Mitch Morse, OT/OG/C, Mizzou - Beast OL. Strong, smart, gritty. I like it!7) Craig Mager, CB, Texas St. - Development DB with good size. Texas guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched several Stephone Anthony games this morning and was really impressed. Not sure where he is projected to be drafted… But I would like him as our MLB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched several Stephone Anthony games this morning and was really impressed. Not sure where he is projected to be drafted... But I would like him as our MLB.

Anthony and Kendricks are the only guys I really trust to be starters for our style MLB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After watching some more film on the pass rushers, here’s my rankings for guys we could get for our 2nd pick.  I assume Bud Dupree will be gone but if for some reason he’s there we should take him.1) Eli Harold - Long, quick and he can bend the edge. Beat Ereck Flowers a few times against Miami got good pressure but didn't register a sack.  Plays run okay but not that great.2)Owa Odighizuwa - Really good first step, violent hands, can control the tackle with his long arms.  Beats up the other lineman.  Haven't seen him actually bend the edge once and get around the tackle that way. Good run defender.  Have seen a few ppl compare him to Greg Hardy.3) Nate Orchard - Quick, looks to win with speed most of the time and can bend the edge. Has a few different moves.  Plays weak, if tackle gets his hand on him, he's mostly done.  Don't think he'll be a good run defender in pros. 4) Danielle Hunter - I may be crazy but he may actually be my top guy.  He's got top notch physical abilities but some have suggested he should have waited another year to refine skills.  Really long and flexible to bend the edge, extremely quick and even has long speed which he showed with his 40 time.  May be a better athlete than Randy Gregory.  If we took him with our 2nd pick I wouldn't be angry but he may be available in the 3rd after we take an o-lineman with our 2nd, which would be an awesome 2nd and 3rd haul. 

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.