Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Add-11-Undrafted-Free-Agents/3cd1225e-2a4b-43be-b9ed-fcee69690d27

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like the majority of those brought in performed well enough to sign.  That points to good things.  Of course, they’re just rookies; it’s going to be hard for anybody to make the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had so many players filling in for injured players last season who are still here, and the injured are now recovered. We only signed 11, and had to cut 3 others to do that. I read the Colts had signed 19…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hat tip JBF…Head coach Lovie Smith has said he expects “three or four” of the 11 newly signed undrafted free agents to make the final roster.“There are about three or four guys that have a chance. But, you know, if I mention those three or four it would not be fair to the other guys,” Lovie said of his undrafted free agent signings. “The odds are that’s what will happen. But every year, players that don’t get drafted have really stood up and ended up playing for us. And for me personally, when I was in Chicago – we also have a tryout rookie camp this weekend along with our undrafted free agents and our draft picks – I’ve had players that have come in and tried out without a contract and end up starting for us. Two players ended up starting for us in Chicago like that.“So we look at everyone. And Really, after you get drafted and after you sign, however you come in, we don’t ask who got drafted where when we start working players out. We put the all together and the cream comes up to the top. And that’s what we’re looking for this weekend.”Center – Josh Allen  (Louisiana-Monroe)Linebacker – Nate Askew (Texas A&M)Wide Receiver – Aaron Burks  (Boise State)Defensive Tackle – Euclid Cummings (Georgia Tech)Cornerback Keith Lewis (Virginia-Lynchburg)Guard Andrew Miller  (Virginia Tech)Tackle Matt Patchan  (Boston College)Wide Receiver Solomon Patton  (Florida)Quarterback – Brett Smith (Wyoming)Defensive End – Chaz Sutton  (South Carolina)Safety – Mycal Swaim  (Eastern Michigan)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Askew, Patton and Cummings make the team.Smith, Allen, Miller and Sutton make the PS IMO...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they’ll be looking at tryout players over the weekend too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff from everyone on this thread.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a certain influx of talent from injuries this year as well.  Linebacker, Dt, oline, Fb have some depth issues.  Of course, we’ve drafted Oline. We’ll see. Yes, I’m getting a little bit more excited about them.  But, I hate cutting players and trying to stick them on practice squads.  It’s a balancing act the G.M. and Head coach have to weigh out.  They need to be cognizant of the depth of other teams and what players are going to be cut by other teams. That’s a lot to take into consideration! Dominik was good at that!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman 28mAnother tryout player for Bucs rookie minicamp: Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham. 6-3, 236 pounds. Co-captain has played all 3 LB spots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gregauman: One more tryout player for Bucs rookie minicamp: Galen Clemons, defensive tackle from UMass. 6-2, 296, had 32 reps at 225 pounds at pro day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is it still 8 on the PS?There is a lot of talent on this team beyond the 53...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman 28mAnother tryout player for Bucs rookie minicamp: Vanderbilt linebacker Chase Garnham. 6-3, 236 pounds. Co-captain has played all 3 LB spots.

I love Garnham. He had a great season in 2012 - 7 sacks off of blitzes, but was mostly injured last year.  Not sure he's good enough for pros, though.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.