Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 460 reply threads

• Author

• Matt Matera

Keymaster

It’s here. For the first time since 2007, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are playing in a postseason game. You’re not dreaming, it’s legitimately going down on Saturday night. Don’t let Washington’s 7-9 regular season record fool you, they have talent on this team and went 5-1 with Alex Smith starting a quarterback. For the Bucs’ offense, it’s all about protecting Tom Brady. Washington has a great defensive front led by Chase Young and Montez Sweat, so they’ll need a big day from Donovan Smith and the rest of the offensive line. No offense has been more efficient as of late, so if they keep getting the ball to their very talented receivers, the Bucs can put this out of reach. Antonio Brown and Chris Godwin each had two touchdowns after Mike Evans exited, so I don’t see why all three can’t get a score on Saturday. Look for some good rushes by RoJo to neutralize Washington’s pass rush. Defensively, it’s great that Shaq Barrett is back to help out rushing off the edge. There’s still no Devin White, but I’m pretty confident in Kevin Minter. He’s as solid as they get for backup linebackers. The Bucs’ defense needs to play press-man coverage and not go back to playing soft-zone. Smith likes to get the ball out quick, so make him hold onto it and let Shaq and Jason Pierre-Paul get home. The Bucs are a favorite for a reason and should come out on top.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Bucs 31
      WFT 14

Brady vs Rodgers round 2 going to be epic!

Go Bears round 1 as well lol.

• TURBO

Participant

Not sure how anyone can completely overlook the Skins…

I think we win in a nailbiter, but I’m not going to promise anything. There are no sure things in the NFL.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Why you should all be worried:

Resskins have the third best offensive line in the league, coupled with the 5th best defense. Going to be an ugly ugly game for Tampa. I can see them winning it, but I can see them getting their asses kicked as well. This reminds me of the Bears me Giants game. Both were ugly.

• JC5100

Participant

I’m not really worried about this game if Donovan Smith plays okay. If we get bad Donovan Smith then that could single handedly lose the game for us.

• 3rd String Kicker

If we beat Washington, it’s going to be through a strong ground game or amazing defensive play. We need to establish the run early and not abandon it. Use Gronkowski for chipping on his release to help out Donny and Tristan, utilize a shorter passing game early and maybe catch the corners aggressive with a fake screen, out and up to the slot.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs have the worst YpC in the entire league.

If we beat Washington, it’s going to be through a strong ground game or amazing defensive play. We need to establish the run early and not abandon it. Use Gronkowski for chipping on his release to help out Donny and Tristan, utilize a shorter passing game early and maybe catch the corners aggressive with a fake screen, out and up to the slot.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I expect the Bucs to win this one.

But, I think it’s going to be a lot closer than some think.

• RW

Participant

Why you should all be worried:

Resskins have the third best offensive line in the league, coupled with the 5th best defense. Going to be an ugly ugly game for Tampa. I can see them winning it, but I can see them getting their asses kicked as well. This reminds me of the Bears me Giants game. Both were ugly.

Where do you get they have the 3rd best O-Line in the league? I doubt if they are in the top 10. And overall their Offense is ranked in the 20s.

• RW

Participant

Tristan won’t need help. Smith will need some. Jensen is the guy I am worried about. WFT doesn’t have a dominant guy like Donald, Watt or Mack but collectively they are really strong and deep. 6 guys on the line who can all rush the QB. If 1 guy on the O line is having a bad day Brady will have a bad day.

• RW

Participant

I’m not really worried about this game if Donovan Smith plays okay. If we get bad Donovan Smith then that could single handedly lose the game for us.

I know Smith is the whipping boy for this line ( and he has had his share of brain farts) but Jensen is the guy I am most worried about. If he screws up his blocking calls and misses picking up middle pressure ( like he has done a lot this season) Brady will be in for a long day.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Yep this will be a fight for the first part of the game, but if Bucs can somehow get a lead and even better by 2 scores, then I think it becomes much easier. Their offense won’t be able to keep up and the defense can be turned loose. A defensive touchdown sure wouldn’t hurt here.

• 3rd String Kicker

A defensive touchdown sure wouldn’t hurt here.

Feels like we did not see enough of that this season, now would be a great time for it.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Game day & I’m feeling much more nervous today.

I think we win big still but if we lose i will not hear the end of it from a number of people lmao.

Ill be breaking things, crying myself to sleep…

But I think we’ll win..right?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Evans is playing as well smh.

Ill eat crow as I said 0% chance he plays today.

I’d prefer he rested til next week, but it is what it is.

Hope he doesn’t make his knee worse. Gotta think long term not short term.

• seekpar

Participant

Bucs 23 – WFT 13

• buc_boi

Participant

I’ve waited 15 long years for my payback!

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Actually I”m feeling more confident heading into today than a week ago. All things considered, Tampa should handle business tonight and win by more than 2 scores. All the talk about WFTs defensive front was my biggest fear, but honestly, this has been the best Bucs Oline in memory. Part of that is the horses we’ve got, and I think a big part of that is Brady getting more out of them. I expect them to hold up well enough tonight, and for Arians/Leftwich to continue to show adaptability they have over second half of the season.

Bucs 31
      WFT 19

• Lawdy

Participant

Donovan smith better be one angry individual right about now

• Boid Fink

Participant

Secondary is a huge concern. Has been every game mostly.

If Smith goes, expect to see soft coverage. They will keep everything in front. Hope they tackle well today. Some of those cats are shit tacklers…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Let’s go bucs! Time to get nasty for playoffs!

• Dave

Participant

Have been nervous all week. I just feel there’s a lot of talk about not underestimating the WFT which will play to our advantage. Expect the o line to step up to the challenge and the whole team to prove a point to the league. Bucs to drop 45+ and win by 28

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs need to keep wft dl in check or it could be a long night

• Bucman

Participant

Alex Smith is out. Bucs better beat up on this trash QB

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Alex Smith inactive

• Kit Davids

Participant

Taylor Heineke Career NFL stats (2017-2020)
      62.3%, 467yds, 2tds, 3ints, 71.7qbr

WFT will be lucky to score 6pts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

• 12-4Bucs

Participant

Revenge for 2005. Go Bucs

• TURBO

Participant

Revenge for 2005. Go Bucs

Yup, that is what every Bucs player will be thinking today…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Hope this coaching staff has these players realizing the records are 0-0.

Yesterday doesn’t matter.

• buc_boi

Participant

D-Day, ladies

See you on the beach!

• cgnumber7

Participant

Let’s go! It’s playoff time! Please have them ready from the get go Bruce!! Can’t start slow!!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Dear God,

Please let us get out to a fast start.

Sincerely,

14 years of misery

• buc_boi

Participant

Here we go with the refs

• buc_boi

Participant

Wow

Spoke too early

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Good opening drive but need touchdowns not field goals to build a lead!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Ugh, horrible play call there.

Let’s go defense!