Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• jbear

Participant

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administrations-cbp-revives-catch-and-release-policy-at-border-amid-covid-concerns

At least we got this back quickly. Who needs borders anyway? Or laws? It’s all just one big world now…. as long as we all get the same size checks to sit on our asses. That’ll happen right? We haven’t robbed all the people with money yet. We’ve got at least 10 good years of looting before we’ll run into any real trouble. By then Bernie will be dead and the other leftists will have made military lockdowns so normal they’ll feel completely safe in their 10 thousand dollar pant suits behind all those walls and soldiers.

• jbear

Participant

Has anyone noticed there are a lot more homeless people roaming the countryside now that Uncle Joe is in charge?

• Roy

Participant

Of course, logic doesn’t come easy to some people (like JBear), but I’ll try anyway. Why do people uproot their families and make a dangerous trip to another country? So they can roam around the countryside? No. People move to where the jobs are. And who’s hiring them? The rich, the middle class or the poor? Well I can tell you I’m middle class and I don’t have a nanny. I mow my own lawn. I don’t belong to a country club. I don’t have a laundry service or a maid. I don’t own a construction company or a landscaping service.

If you want to stop immigration, tell the 1%ers to stop hiring illegal immigrants! Problem solved! But they aren’t going to do that. They are perfectly happy with the status quo of making them out to be drug dealers and criminals in public, while in private taking advantage of their cheap labor to increase their profits.

Now the rich aren’t always Republican, but they are more often than not. About 60%. Forbes reported out of the 50 richest families in the United States, 28 donate to Republican candidates. Another seven donate to Democrats. Additionally, 15 of the richest families in the U.S. donate to both parties.

So, JBear, you may have seen some zombies or something if you saw some people out wandering around. But the illegal immigrants come here to work for the mostly Republican rich folks. And if the $15 minimum wage goes nationwide its only going to get worse. We need immigration reform where these people can come here in an organized way, be documented,have some kind of laws apply to them regarding pay, and pay income taxes for the services they use such as health care, roads, etc. And so they don’t become victims of crimes because they can’t call law enforcement. But if they pay income tax that is going to force the 1%ers to have to pay them more, so don’t hold your breath.

Even Trump had to fire the undocumented workers at Mar-A-Lago, but I’m guessing they are back by now. Trump isn’t stupid. He’s not going to pay minimum wage.

If you want to crack down on illegal immigration stop trying to build a wall across half the country and crack down on the hiring of them. If they don’t have jobs they’ll go back home. But as I said, that’s not going to happen is it JBear?

• jbear

Participant

How did we get to… “If you want to stop immigration”. ?

And the one percenters? Again? Seriously? Do you even hear yourselves?

The one percenters are capitalists, living off capital which is what you guys hate about them in the first place. Now, when it’s convenient, they’re large employers feeding off the tears of poor migrant children. How? Because they benefit sometimes from putting their capital behind companies who hire illegals? What about all the small businesses who hire illegals? The fact is that those small businesses hire the vast majority of illegal labor. That and the black market economy which is often fueled by legal immigrants perhaps a generation removed from being illegal themselves. Paying cash to illegals to work in their restaurants and homes.

The super rich are not your problem Roy although I could see how a person who gets all their news from inside the bubble might think that. The super rich and large companies rightly fear breaking the laws. Because they rightly understand that a large chunk of the population has it out for them anyway.

And BTW, my wife is an immigrant. I understand first hand how many hoops you have to jump through, how many fees you have to pay, months you have to wait, to immigrate legally. I’ve worked with and know personally many immigrants who are just as against illegal immigration as I am. Because they understand it’s hurting them and their families.

But do you know who’s hurt the most by illegal immigration? The most uneducated, least skilled among us. I’m talking about those wandering bands of homeless who’s tent cities are springing up even in lovely Florida for the first time in my lifetime on this scale. I have never seen in my life until recently, public parks in my home town, filled with tent cities. I am 43 years old and this is the worst in my lifetime. Those are the people I was speaking of earlier.

• jbear

Participant

We need immigration reform where these people can come here in an organized way, be documented,have some kind of laws apply to them regarding pay, and pay income taxes for the services they use such as health care, roads, etc. And so they don’t become victims of crimes because they can’t call law enforcement. But if they pay income tax that is going to force the 1%ers to have to pay them more, so don’t hold your breath.

And this really is the crux of why people like us may as well be speaking different languages.

You see the good of letting in as many as possible so that you can increase your tax base. So that you can increase the size and scope of government. The more taxes you collect the bigger we can grow this beast. And it’s against everything that someone like me believes yet you take it as a given. Like the reasonable point you’re trying to make to sway me.

• Roy

Participant

No, JBear, you missed the entire point. They are already in. The Wall is just the biggest political stunt in history since that one in China which didn’t work either. I don’t care if you finish the wall. Its not going to stop them, because the rich people and businesses who hire them, including Donald J. Trump, need them. You don’t think he’s got them back working at Mar-A-Lago right now? They will make sure there is a way for them to get in.

IMO We do need to control and regulate the amount of people who can come in. I’m not in favor of sanctuary cities or open borders. The only way to do that is to address the root cause: The employers. Forcing all employers to document who they are hiring and tough consequences for those who don’t comply. Then you have to decide how many you really want to let in to do the work that needs to be done. You can’t just shut it off even i you had the means to do that. It would send the economy into a nosedive. Those immigrants are needed to do work that other people won’t do.

I don’t remember Trump doing anything about cracking down on the employers. Do you?

• jbear

Participant

Roy, Trumps wall doesn’t have anything to do with catch and release and you know it. Stop with the pivot already.

You know the last President who proposed a comprehensive immigration reform bill that would create harsh penalties and a registry to stop employers from hiring illegals? One George W. Bush. https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/stateoftheunion/2007/initiatives/immigration.html

Bernie Sanders was one of the Senators who opposed it on humanitarian grounds which sound an awful lot like todays liberal cries for “saving the poor immigrants” from the left. What your President has done by reinstating catch and release is say to the whole world, come on in, we invite you all!

That sounds nice but it isn’t practical and never has been. It sounds like you, like me, believe that we should have borders and place restrictions on the amount of people we allow in. That’s just common sense. Open your eyes because the party you support does not have the same values.

• Roy

Participant

Speaking different languages? Like Spanish? A little history lesson. The oldest city in America is St. Augustine, Florida. Florida, like six other states, has a Spanish name. How did that happen? We took over Spanish territories and the people in them. They aren’t coming here, we came there!

We took California, Texas and the other states from the Spanish. We took Puerto Rico and made it part of the United States. They didn’t demand to become an American territory. We invited in the Braceros to work American farms because they were cheap labor. America is a Hispanic country by heritage. Why do you really care what language people speak? Don’t worry. English will still be the preferred option around the world, not just in the US. You’ll still be able to speak English, but oh no what a tragedy if you drive through a Burger King in Miami and the person spoke Spanish to you. Oh no that would be so terrible it would probably cause you to get the wrong order. America is doomed! Why do you really care whether people speak Spanish or another language?

And we continue to bring people in for cheap labor and then we call them lazy freeloaders for political gain. If you want to bring them in then bring them in. If you don’t, stop hiring them! I’m just saying stop being hypocritical about it and hiring them and then building a wall to supposedly keep them out! Trump never had any intention of keeping them out. If they were gone, who would he demonize? His biggest political issue would be gone.

I’m just saying stop being hypocritical about it. We’re the ones inviting them up here to work and then we demonize them and call them lazy. Just stop it already.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

The Trash(D)Party is doing an AMAZING job!!

Wonder who _etardJoe is taking orders from??? He’s clearly a genius…

Dum dum Biden, king of the retards

• jbear

Participant

I must admit in case it isn’t obvious already that this thread was intended as a tip of the hat to you my friend.

It seems like most people here hate you to death but I say, thank you for the entertainment. Well played sir.

P.S. they’ll eat this up.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Well done!

The Trash(D)Party has no self awareness.

• Greattimes

Participant

I should be able to claim these illegals as dependents since it is my tax dollars that support them. I think to stop this is for the US should raise the minimum wage for illegals to $50.00 an hour.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Greattimes.

• DCGoth

Participant

I should be able to claim these illegals as dependents since it is my tax dollars that support them.

Do you claim the homeless, or the vast percentage of people living in poverty in your taxes?

Also, there is no defined wage for illegals, plus they do jobs that no one wants to do. When is the last time you’ve picked lettuce for $5 a day??

Fuck this country and the bigots that keep trying to call it their own. When’s the last time you’ve assisted any of those “Injuns” living here for free?

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

• DCGoth

Participant

I also support that he’s raised the Asylum number to 125,000 people for this year.

Granted, I’ll never understand why anyone would actually choose to live in this shithole country. I just hope that all of the asylum seekers from Islamic nations get sent to MTG’s district. That would be Justice.

• jbear

Participant

I guess you haven’t noticed those checks they keep sending out. I think you’re a world traveler so I’m a little surprised that you don’t understand how much motivation is instilled in a person coming from Africa, South America, Asia and even a good part of Europe when they hear that our government is handing out what may as well be like a million dollars to three quarters of the world just for having a social security number.

A lot of you guys are pretty smart but it amazes me how hard you all work to ignore the obvious when it’s working against your agenda.

Just for those who aren’t world travelers:

A teacher in Ukraine…. thats Europe by the way, makes about the equivelent of $280.00 per month. And that’s considered a good paying job. That’s probably on the high side for that 3 quarters of the world I mentioned above.

My wife’s mother who’s never been in this country knows about stimulus and who the heck can blame her.

I just wish you guys would stop being so daft.

• DCGoth

Participant

I guess you haven’t noticed those checks they keep sending out. I think you’re a world traveler so I’m a little surprised that you don’t understand how much motivation is instilled in a person coming from Africa, South America, Asia and even a good part of Europe when they hear that our government is handing out what may as well be like a million dollars to three quarters of the world just for having a social security number.

There are a few points you miss here. First, if you are in the country illegally, you do not get a Social Security Number. This is, in part, why illegals can’t work a lot of jobs. Employers are required to have employees fill out a Form I-9. An install alien cannot fill out an I-9, as they do not have the documentation to provide that an I-9 requires.

Also, how does an African or Asian succeed in entering the country? They can’t walk across the border, and I seriously doubt that they would come by boat. It’s difficult enough for an African to cross the Mediterranean into Europe. Have you ever attempted to cross the Atlantic in anything that they would have access to on the West coast of Africa? People can barely make it here from Cuba, and those are much calmer waters.

I’ll make it easy to break down.

No papers = No Green Card

No Green Card = No Social Security Number

No Social Security Number = No Access to Banking* & No Checks from SSA.

*Granted, there is an out, which I used to use to get bank accounts for non-residents that we would bring in for periods of time on special entertainment visas. You must be aware, though, that this is only for extreme cases. I was able to accomplish this in Washington D.C., and is a very slim rule that allows embassy workers, which are never US Citizens, to perform banking needs while in the US. This is not an easy process, btw.

Here’s a fun point that also highlights difficulties of foreign nationals to engage in various forms of work:

Phil Collins was nominated for an Academy Award for the song Against All Odds, from the film of the same title. At the Awards Ceremony, he was sitting in the audience and his song was presented on-stage by Ann Reinking. The reason that he could not perform his song at the Oscars was because he was not in the US on the proper Visa to perform the song.

(This is also why you rarely see The Rolling Stones ever get too political. They have residences here; however, if they got too political, the government could make it tough on them to have the level of entry that they enjoy. As such, while they are not unfamiliar with controversy, they stay out of US politics.)

• jbear

Participant

None of that applies when you just walk up to the border and demand asylum and Uncle Joe plops you down without a covid test in the middle of a population center. Then you are not an illegal even if you are waiting for a determination.

Catch and release, coupled with reversing of the Trump policy that demanded that people ask for asylum from their own countries will be a blight on all of us.

Why the knee jerk from the left on immigration? Because Trump was a racist and all his policies were put in place because he’s a racist white supremacist asshole who hates everyone but rich white people….. bear with me, I’m illustrating my point.

The inability for Liberals to separate the Trump/Trumper prejudices and hatred that they all have from reality is setting a very big trap for Progressives. Because of Trump the current “korrect” view is a reversal on a half century of immigration policy. Suddenly it’s inhumane to enforce the border, to restrict entry into our country because someone’s feelings may get hurt. This was a radical view even among Democrats a decade ago but now, suddenly the radical view seems to have taken hold with the current “Ultra moderate” Uncle Joe Biden. Funny how everyone knew that would happen but nobody on the left would talk about it when there was an election on. You’d think now might be a good time to reflect on all this.

• DCGoth

Participant

None of that applies when you just walk up to the border and demand asylum

Just curious. Have you ever tried “just walking up to the border”?

Not cruising, but are you aware that, in Mexico, there is a roughly one hundred mile DMZ (for last of a better term) that only allows certain citizens of Mexico to cross into. Yeah, there are ways around it. There used to be ways around the Berlin Wall. It’s just not a simple ride, or a short hike.

Most prior who live in this shithole country have never even been beyond the borders of this shithole country. The rest of this planet isn’t how most people here imagine it, just like a good number of people in Asia and other places have pre-conceived ideas about this continent that are also inaccurate. (This is why the vast number of people I would meet in other countries just assumed I was British. I worked for a UK network and travelled on UK reservations. One of the funniest gaffs was starring in Israel, where the hotel software, on my invoice listed my address as Rockville, Maryland, United Kingdom. Yeah, their software allowed Maryland to exist in England.)

Side Note: Try walking up to any border in Israel. I was even uneasy working five miles from the Gaza Strip. Fortunately our hotel was always in Jerusalem. The airport was in Tel Aviv.

• DCGoth

Participant

even a good part of Europe

For the record, I do not know a single European that has even the remotest desire to live here, and I know a pretty good amount of Europeans. They’ll visit, but they’re quite happy to return to the EU.

(Mail-Order brides from Eastern Europe, like the ones that Trump buys, are not included. 😎)

• spartan

Participant

I’ve respected most of your posts up until this one. There is an alternative you know. It’s pretty straight forward.

• jbear

Participant

So, all the reasons I mentioned here are why I believe we are about to have a huge crisis unlike anything we’ve seen before. It’s going to make covid look a tummy ache and it’s all going to be because of Uncle Joe and all your wonderfully kind hearted, progressive garbage.

The homeless crisis is real and it’s getting worse by the minute thanks to Uncle Joe opening the spigot.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It seems like most people here hate you to death but I say, thank you for the entertainment. Well played sir.

Yes. Constantly pretending to be a racist, homophobic, bigot is great entertainment to the Trump supporters…err…I mean “Libertarians”.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

✅ Fox New article
      ✅ Gaslighting
      ✅ Compliment a racist moron

Great work jbear!

• Col. Klink

Participant

Has anyone noticed there are a lot more homeless people roaming the countryside now that Uncle Joe is in charge?

Yeah, and I did notice more than a few of them wearing MAGA and Q hats. Just assumed they were refugees from the storming of the Capitol, now lost without a rudder.

• jbear

Participant

Very funny and probably true. That’s exactly what happens to people who’ve been targeted for erasure by the Chinese Communist Party and the Fedeal Government.

Those who pray at the alter of big government, bow to the God of skull crushing repression of the individual for the common good. Today’s common good is already openly acknowledged to be, crushing those who don’t sign on to the official version of the Truth. I can barely believe we’ve gone that far in my lifetime but based on the attitudes of the progressives regarding this shocking development, it’s only just the beginning.

Once the revered American adage of “live and let live” becomes a joke, a dirty word to you, you’ve become something truly repugnant.

• DCGoth

Participant

skull crushing repression of the individual

Skull crushing repression? In a nation whose citizens have their assholes pucker when their latte is a few degrees off? Ever try living on a reservation, aft