Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• OUTOFYOURSKULL

Participant

What is the true premise of Lovie smith’s football team?  Based on this, what do the Bucs really need to be successful, and who does Lovie really go after in the draft, and try an put aside being a fan boy of a certain player.  Also, you can add who you want the Bucs to pick despite who you think they are really going after(just for fun).  Thanks guys!!!

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Lovie needs Johnny Football. Can you imagine the waves Johnny would ride in tampa?

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Lovie needs Johnny Football. Can you imagine the waves Johnny would ride in tampa?

LOL...don't let the media see that then they will have him go number one overall....lol

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

LOL...don't let the media see that then they will have him go number one overall....lol

Haha yea bro, hopefully he drops to 7, i think we should trade Gerald McCoy for a top 10 pick and get Mike Evans. Can you imagine the jolt our offense would get wih those 2? Tampa Bay AGgies man

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Some may not like this, but id have to say its a dominate D-line.  Whatever you can do to get your line like that is the key, and no I don’t think we have the players for that now.  Gmac is the only force there, the other pick ups we’ve have made im just not feeling it.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Clayburn and Bowers need to go, they need to overhaul the dline. You make good points man.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Haha yea bro, hopefully he drops to 7, i think we should trade Gerald McCoy for a top 10 pick and get Mike Evans. Can you imagine the jolt our offense would get wih those 2? Tampa Bay AGgies man

That's funny man cause on a lot of the mock drafts now they have the Browns picking up Johnny football in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Clayburn and Bowers need to go, they need to overhaul the dline. You make good points man.

I have guys I really like in the draft, and I can be blinded just like anyone else and want the Bucs to select them.  In my opinion, they need to get someone in the draft that can get after the QB.  We need another serious threat on that D-line

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

I have guys I really like in the draft, and I can be blinded just like anyone else and want the Bucs to select them.  In my opinion, they need to get someone in the draft that can get after the QB.  We need another serious threat on that D-line

Yea im down for that too, but I think Johnny Football makes our offense serious. That kid Glennon is ok, he does have a cannon but he's no johnny football and McCown is going to be a senior citizen soon.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Yea im down for that too, but I think Johnny Football makes our offense serious. That kid Glennon is ok, he does have a cannon but he's no johnny football and McCown is going to be a senior citizen soon.

I don't understand the thinking with the QB situation.  How does McCown become someone all of the sudden to get excited about, I don't even like the name McCown as a Bucs QB (no offense to anyone).  But I think most people realize you can make it and win a super bowl with a very average offense,  running game and a great defense.  Most people don't like Glennon because he looks like some kind of "dukes of hazard country boy mechanic", or so I've read.  I'd be very interested in seeing him behind a great defense at least, not to mention a good coaching staff and players and scheme.  That being said if they target a QB in the first and don't draft Johnny or Teddy if they are there, then WTH?!?....lol

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

I don't understand the thinking with the QB situation.  How does McCown become someone all of the sudden to get excited about, I don't even like the name McCown as a Bucs QB (no offense to anyone).  But I think most people realize you can make it and win a super bowl with a very average offense,  running game and a great defense.  Most people don't like Glennon because he looks like some kind of "dukes of hazard country boy mechanic", or so I've read.  I'd be very interested in seeing him behind a great defense at least, not to mention a good coaching staff and players and scheme.  That being said if they target a QB in the first and don't draft Johnny or Teddy if they are there, then WTH?!?....lol

Yea McCown is def not a QB name haha now Manziel? That is greatness. We should be running the team bro ha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool story, bros.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I can’t believe you can actually recommend the idea of trading McCoy to draft Evans seriously.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft manziel for the future. Draft evans for today. If either of those options aren’t available, trade down and gather players for lovie to work with.Lovie has shown he will go "all-out" for a qb if he wants to, but his system is alsi not predicated around qb play. His MO is to have  forte/westbrook type back and a strong defense loaded with lb talent.But, as he probably understood when he went and got cutler, the run game works much better if the qb play is good.And players like manziel can make the defense look at him, not the rb. A defensive coach like lovie may see the potential in a qb that can do all that he does. Regardless of who we draft, we're in a prime position to pick a baller, and that alone is exciting to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To me, a Lovie team means three things.#1. A great defense that forces turnovers and punts.#2. A great punt/kick returner.#3. An unspectacular but efficient offense that can capitalize on the good field position provided by 1 & 2.Perhaps the offensive philosophies have changed a bit with his time off, but for the most part I think these three things define a Lovie Smith coached football team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The identity of a Lovie Smith coached football team is a dominant defense based mostly on a front four which can pressure the quarterback without blitzing.  In the past Smith;s offenses were mostly offensive as Smith’s teams got by with mediocre quarterback play however in more recent years he has placed a greater emphasis on quarterback play as evidenced by trading for Jay Cutler.For the 1st round of the draft this probably means two things:Lovie would probably consider doing something drastic for a pass rushing prospect like Clowney but its probably impossible.Lovie has hopefully learned that failing to find a QB can and will cost you a coaching job in the NFL so I think he would be all over the right prospect.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.