Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

pff1_zpslcbipsgp.pngPro Football Focus    Sept 15, 2015Here are the top takeaways and highest-graded players from Sunday’s TEN-TB game:Tennessee Titans– In the battle of the top two 2015 draft picks, QB Marcus Mariota (+1.6) out-performed his rookie classmate Jameis Winston (-7.8. While Mariota had a perfect passer rating with four touchdowns to three incompletions, he only finished with a +1.8 passing grade. The strength of Mariota’s game against the Buccaneers came from the middle of the field, as he completed eight of his nine targets for 145 yards and three touchdowns. When the Titans face better defenses than the Buccaneers, he will have to challenge them outside of the numbers to succeed.– New Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was able to confuse and put pressure on rookie QB Jameis Winston (-7.8, forcing two interceptions and a few dropped passes. LeBeau, who is known to give rookie quarterbacks nightmares, produced pressure without frequent blitzing (the Titans only recorded nine blitzes on all of Winston’s 42 drop backs).– With CB Jason McCourty out, the Titans relied on both CB Coty Sensabaugh (+3.3) and CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (+2.1) to play as the second and third cornerbacks. Sensabaugh finished last season as PFF’s No. 96-ranked cornerback (out of 108) with a -9.4 overall rating; Wreh-Wilson was No. 104 (-16.2). However, against the Buccaneers passing attack, the pair only gave up a combined three catches on eight targets for 36 yards.Top performers:LB Zach Brown (+4.2)DL Jurrell Casey (+3.6)CB Coty Sensabaugh (+3.3)WR Kendall Wright (+2.9)OLB Brian Orakpo (+2.6)Tampa Bay Buccaneers– 2015 first overall draft pick Jameis Winston recorded the lowest PFF overall rating in week one for QBs at -7.8. When Winston did not face pressure (22 out of 42 drop backs) he graded out at -0.9; however, when Winston did face pressure, his grade fell to a -5.3, with only five completions on 14 attempts. Expect Winston to see a lot more pressure in the coming weeks.– To help relieve some of the pressure on Winston, the Buccaneers need to do a better job running the ball. Doug Martin picked up some solid yardage when given the opportunity; however, he did that without the help of his offensive line. The right side of the line, in particular, struggled to open any holes for Martin to hit. On runs that had a point of attack from right guard to right end, the Bucs only gained 15 yards on 7 attempts.– With Mariota only averaging 2.19 seconds per attempt, the Buccaneers had little chance to muster a pass rush. However, time after time the Bucs pass coverage broke down as they where sucked into thinking that Mariota and the run game posed a larger threat. The Titans only used play action five times; however, they averaged 23 yards per play, compared to 8.6 yards per play when the Titans did not use play action. The very idea of Mariota being a run threat (even though he only had two designed carries) seemed to play tricks in the mind of the Buccaneers linebackers.Top performers:DL Clinton McDonald (+2.1)HB Doug Martin (+1.2)C Evan Smith (+0.5)CB Tim Jennings (+0.3)DL Gerald McCoy (+0.3)

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Hell I didnt notice Mcdonald one time all game. I guess i should not start drinking so early next time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fans must hate pff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“The very idea of Mariota being a run threat (even though he only had two designed carries) seemed to play tricks in the mind of the Buccaneers linebackers.”This. Lovie and the crew got their azzes handed to them in the gameplanning department.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

"The very idea of Mariota being a run threat (even though he only had two designed carries) seemed to play tricks in the mind of the Buccaneers linebackers."This. Lovie and the crew got their azzes handed to them in the gameplanning department.

no doubt. To bad they dont rate coaches. bucs would of been -198

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"The very idea of Mariota being a run threat (even though he only had two designed carries) seemed to play tricks in the mind of the Buccaneers linebackers."This. Lovie and the crew got their azzes handed to them in the gameplanning department.

As well as the talent evaluation and drafting departments.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Big shock.  The right side of our line got killed and Winston is the worst QB in the game. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fans must hate pff.

As they should.  PFF has been a band of Buccaneer haters for years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fans must hate pff.

As they should.  PFF has been a band of Buccaneer haters for years.

Why can't they find the good in a 30-71 team? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They must not take points off if the snap gets to the QB, regardless of how long it takes to get there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell I didnt notice Mcdonald one time all game. I guess i should not start drinking so early next time.

lol +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see Evan Smith getting a positive grade. A lot of you guys rip him to shreds, here on the Red.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just brought myself to rewatch the awfulness that took place at RJS last Sunday. Evan Smith is just as bad as Godser. I can count 5 separate occasions where he misread the defense, locked on to the wrong player (or just stood there looking like a deer in the headlights), and let a defender go flying into either Doug Martin or Jameis Winston. He single handedly ruined three well-developing drives for us. Idk where in the hell his PFF grade came from but its complete BS. The guy needs to be replaced immediately.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love, PFF. Seems about right for what I saw. Maybe we can try to run the ball a bit more this game and throw some quicker passes, I don’t know, just brain storming here….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evan Smith is just as bad as Godser. I can count 5 separate occasions where he misread the defense, locked on to the wrong player (or just stood there looking like a deer in the headlights), and let a defender go flying into either Doug Martin or Jameis Winston.

how do you know the reads or who the right defender to block would be?  it just seems odd to me that your opinion is so far off from PFF, who is paid to do this.  not saying you are incorrect, its just odd.  does PFF have a comments section where customers can question grades?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not claiming to know his assignments, but generally, in a zone blocking scheme, a C’s role is to pickup the free (or loose) defender in passing situations. In running situations, a C is generally tasked with moving the NT out of the play or with moving up through the defense and moving the MLB out of the play. Either way, upon re-watching the game, you will frequently see ES look confused when attempting to execute a such a block during a critical play. I’m sure Limp can attest to that.But regardless of what his assignment was or was not, nothing can explain why ES can be seen on game film blocking air, while a free running defender flies through the center of the line and blows our play up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EDS is average.  He will make mistakes but most often he is doing his job at a mediocre level.  The Bucs are definitely looking at life after EDS (look at the number of OC’s they are ruffling through) but that will happen next off season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The strength of Mariota’s game against the Buccaneers came from the middle of the field, as he completed eight of his nine targets for 145 yards and three touchdowns. When the Titans face better defenses than the Buccaneers, he will have to challenge them outside of the numbers to succeed.That's when we'll know if Mariota can be elite or not. Like Sapp said - can't leave the middle of the field open and make it easy on a rookie QB. Apparently Lovie needs that advice.Winston was awful, but I know he'll work to get better. A healthy Evans will help. Not like there were  any receivers running wide open last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evan Smith is just as bad as Godser. I can count 5 separate occasions where he misread the defense, locked on to the wrong player (or just stood there looking like a deer in the headlights), and let a defender go flying into either Doug Martin or Jameis Winston.

how do you know the reads or who the right defender to block would be?  it just seems odd to me that your opinion is so far off from PFF, who is paid to do this.  not saying you are incorrect, its just odd.  does PFF have a comments section where customers can question grades?

Call them, I believe their number is on their website. A friend of mine called them awhile back and talked to the guy for about an hour. I don't recall the PFF guys name, I think there are about 4 guys that run it. He a bone to pick with them, about something they said about his team, the Seahawks.

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.