Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Jameis Winston is obviously pro ready. He outplayed future HOFer Drew Brees!Mariota had three fumbles and lost two of them in a defeat at the hands of JFF.Where the haters at now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Jameis Winston is obviously pro ready. He outplayed future HOFer Drew Brees!Mariota had three fumbles and lost two of them in a defeat at the hands of JFF.

this would make them even.......with a slight tilt to mariota because we played each other last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis Winston is obviously pro ready. He outplayed future HOFer Drew Brees!Mariota had three fumbles and lost two of them in a defeat at the hands of JFF.

this would make them even.......with a slight tilt to mariota because we played each other last week.

Oh no no no no no! Get outta my thread with your logical thinking. Mariota is a bust now. Winston is going to be great. Stuff it hater! LOLDont even click on this thread if you were hating on Winston all week. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah the I Told You So After One Game gang.Was wondering how you guys would spin this. Lots of logical thinking from you guys last week. i don't see anyone making ridiculous claims about Winston like the nonsense you guys spewed about Mariota after one whole game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston gets time, he can deliver a good ball. His slow windup does reduce his chances of a completion when he’s under pressure. Just a fact. And we all know about those sluggish feet, although he does quickly recognize when to leave the pocket to avoid a bigger loss.     I watched much of the Manziel/Mariota duel at a sports bar. Both Manziel's TD passes were impressive. Other QBs can escape the pocket and throw on the run, which usually takes something off the throw and reduces it's accuracy. Manziel stopped on a dime and had his feet set facing upfield in a flash and threw a perfect pass (as if still set in the pocket) to a streaking Travis Benjamin in full stride. Twice. Very, very impressive. Otherwise, Manziel still needs some work before he's "ProReady"; made some very poor and risky throws...  Cleveland's DBs blanketed the Titan WRs, which mostly negated those quick passes that shredded our D, and resulted in 7 Cleveland sacks, as Mariota is mostly hanging in the pocket. He still managed 2 more TD passes. He does seem to be slow to recognize when pressure is on him, although he may be coached to stay in longer, as he does have a quick release. Much quicker than Winston.     Waiting for our "ProReady" to at least play well against a good D before I anoint him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pro Ready = being able to make throws like that TD to Vjax and the bomb to Murphy. All he needs to do is work on his mechanics and decision making and he’s good to go. Pro ready does not mean Pro Mastered, it means he’s got the tools to make the next step.You won't see Mariota making passes like that. He will play this little dink and dunk Oregon based offense and fizzle out of the league because it won't allow him to grow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah cause Brees and Manziel play defense. Stop it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092008/2015/REG2/buccaneers@saints#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534238&tab=analyzePro ready is lofting the ball over two defenders and placing it perfectly in the receivers hands in the back of the end zone.Pro ready baby!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Missed the games while moving, but glad to see the Bucs and Winston improved over last week. Hopefully it continues next week, though at this point I’d still take Mariota over Winston based on their performances thus far ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. I LOVE wins!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. I LOVE wins!

Especially against brees and his taints.Who-dat? FYIYP, thats who!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland's DBs blanketed the Titan WRs, which mostly negated those quick passes that shredded our D, and resulted in 7 Cleveland sacks, as Mariota is mostly hanging in the pocket. He still managed 2 more TD passes. He does seem to be slow to recognize when pressure is on him, although he may be coached to stay in longer, as he does have a quick release. Much quicker than Winston.

I noticed something in our game about Mariota that we couldn't exploit, but seems like Cleveland did (it's also something Daniel Jeremiah pointed out about Mariota in the shot-gun in the draft process). He's athletic, so it's probably something he fixes long term. He comes from a "flat" shot-gun set-up - on the 59-yard TD, he took zero steps. That's great as it facilitates the ball getting out fast. But, if you have to keep the ball any time at all, it's harder to get the footwork started from there.  I think that's where he ends up holding the ball too long. Obviously I'm not an expert in QBing, QB mechanics, etc. Just an observation.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

It’s not all gravy when your routes and game plan is one big script to help you complete passes without breaking down coverages pre snap and during the play. His passes against us were pre snap reads and never got past the second progression in most cases. There will come a time when all of this will stop and there will come a time when Winston will put the team on his shoulders the entire game. All this BS about his footwork and release lol he's a rookie... His release is not hurting him, his decision making and ball placement is all he has going against him and that will be fixed. Part of his problems are generated by inconsistent Oline play, that's easy to see... Btw, he had people all up in his grill with hands up when he hit that back end zone pass to VJ. Also, what people fail to mention is his passes competing first downs on 3rd and long, we missed several due to poor receiver play but he competed some very nice conversions in those situations. It will only get better.Keep hating haters soon you story will become old and you will be gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland's DBs blanketed the Titan WRs, which mostly negated those quick passes that shredded our D, and resulted in 7 Cleveland sacks, as Mariota is mostly hanging in the pocket. He still managed 2 more TD passes. He does seem to be slow to recognize when pressure is on him, although he may be coached to stay in longer, as he does have a quick release. Much quicker than Winston.

I noticed something in our game about Mariota that we couldn't exploit, but seems like Cleveland did (it's also something Daniel Jeremiah pointed out about Mariota in the shot-gun in the draft process). He's athletic, so it's probably something he fixes long term. He comes from a "flat" shot-gun set-up - on the 59-yard TD, he took zero steps. That's great as it facilitates the ball getting out fast. But, if you have to keep the ball any time at all, it's harder to get the footwork started from there.  I think that's where he ends up holding the ball too long. Obviously I'm not an expert in QBing, QB mechanics, etc. Just an observation.

Good point. I was at a sports bar, so was keeping an eye on both the Bucs game and the Mariota/Manziel duel. Manziel amazed me with how QUICK he could take off running when pressured, stop on a dime, get his feet turned and set, and hit a guy downfield in full stride.Did it twice for TDs. Mariota can run, but doesn’t look nearly as quick, either starting or stopping to get reset.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.