Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Rusty

Participant

LT-CollinsLG-OmemehC-Dietrich-SmithRG-MeridithRT-DotsonQB-McCownWR-VJAXWR-EvansSlot-HerronTE-WrightTE-Seferian-JenkinsVariation with:RB-SimsYou could take someone like Meridith out, move Dotson over to LG, use Seferian-Jenkins as a blocking TE and put 6 playmakers on the field. Man, that height, speed and versatility would be amazing. Of course McCown would have to get the ball off in like 1.5 seconds or get slaughtered. We may not see that exact offense but a variation is probable and no I didn't forget about Doug Martin, Demps, James, Rainey, etc as they would be in other formations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you saying put ASJ at RT and then throw him a pass? Yowza

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In these days where quick-tempo quick-substitution offenses are taking over the NFL (I exagerate just a little  ;D), I am really pleased to see us at last going to it. Having a VARIETY of skill players with real talent is what drives it, along with a QB with a head for making quick reads and getting the ball out quickly AND accurately. It’s very much about precision.     The possible combinations we can throw at opposing defenses are endless. Anything from all types of multiple receiver sets to a 3-TE jumbo package, to multiple RBs. All we need are PLAYERS who are disciplined and can avoid stupid penalties!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In these days where quick-tempo quick-substitution offenses are taking over the NFL (I exagerate just a little  ;D), I am really pleased to see us at last going to it. Having a VARIETY of skill players with real talent is what drives it, along with a QB with a head for making quick reads and getting the ball out quickly AND accurately. It's very much about precision.     The possible combinations we can throw at opposing defenses are endless. Anything from all types of multiple receiver sets to a 3-TE jumbo package, to multiple RBs. All we need are PLAYERS who are disciplined and can avoid stupid penalties!!

You're really pleased the Bucs have stubbornly had one of the worst offenses in the NFL?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you saying put ASJ at RT and then throw him a pass? Yowza

Actually, yes. First a chip block, then going over the middle like a slot receiver for a first down as an option. I think the secret is the 1.5 second release to multiple weapons. IMHO, there is no way that LB's or DB's or Safeties can cover the 'Duncaneers', four guys that can climb a ladder to get jump balls. I played basketball at a Division 1 school and I am 5'10. 6'5/6'6 guys got every rebound despite my tenacity. Throw Herron and Sims out in the flat (read speed in space) and I honestly don't know how anyone can defend that. Opposing Dlinemen have to be frustrated because they can't get to the QB in time. Certainly the running game has to be a huge factor with Martin/James/ Rainey/ Demps, take your pick but even those guys are super fast for the most part. I too am worried about the Oline but the more I think about the offensive weapons and McCown's or Glennon's ability to throw darts to their receivers, I calm down. We shall see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we bench Doug Martin?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still skeptical.  The offensive scheme may be superb and the game plans might be excellent, but none of that will matter if the QB is on his butt instantly because we have no guards worth a darn.  I am very concerned about our Oline, and have been for some many years.  Carl Nicks really really really screwed this team….while he has had some freak injuries, I doubt he ever intended to truly play once he signed his contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

High octane? Yes.Lining ASJ up at RT? No. Unless you are a Glennon fan that is a bad idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be sure, my thought was more along the lines of using something like this every now and then. My main point is my god, look at the weapons and versatility that the Bucs can put on the field at any one time. If course the running game needs to be the bedrock of the offense and for sure the Oline must be stout.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.