Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

all_zps260d7ae2.pngProjecting the 2014 All NFC-South team, Tampa Bay Buccaneers have seven guysBy cover32 StaffJuly 05, 2014    11:27 pm EDT     The offseason is essentially complete, as teams wind down between now and the start of training camp, it’s possible to assess what each team has on their roster; things are essentially set, especially in terms of starting lineups.That being the case, it’s also time to start looking at how teams stack up within their division. One of the best ways to do that is to select the best players at each position from the four teams within the division; dominating that lineup can show that the scales tip in one direction.During a four-week period, the editors at cover32 will be determining the All-Division team for each of the NFL’s eight divisions. Today, it’s a look at the projected All-NFC South squad for 2014. The offseason is essentially complete, as teams wind down between now and the start of training camp, it’s possible to assess what each team has on their roster; things are essentially set, especially in terms of starting lineups.That being the case, it’s also time to start looking at how teams stack up within their division. One of the best ways to do that is to select the best players at each position from the four teams within the division; dominating that lineup can show that the scales tip in one direction.During a four-week period, the editors at cover32 will be determining the All-Division team for each of the NFL’s eight divisions. Today, it’s a look at the projected All-NFC South squad for 2014:

OFFENSEQB – Drew Brees (NO)RB – Doug Martin (TB)TE – Jimmy Graham (NO)WR – Julio Jones (ATL)WR – Roddy White (ATL)WR – Vincent Jackson (TB)T – Jake Matthews (ATL)G – Jahri Evans (NO)C – Ryan Kalil (CAR)G – Ben Grubbs (NO)T – Anthony Collins (TB)K – Graham Gano (CAR)Analysis: In a fairly balanced division, it’s not a huge surprise that New Orleans slightly wins on the offensive side of the ball. Mainly, that’s due to Drew Brees, who just barely edges Matt Ryan and Cam Newton for quarterback honors. Carolina, with their lack of offensive weapons, comes in last.DEFENSEDE – Greg Hardy (CAR)DT – Gerald McCoy (TB)DT – Paul Soliai (ATL)DE – Cameron Jordan (NO)OLB – Junior Galette (NO)ILB – Luke Kuechly (CAR)OLB – Lavonte David (TB)CB – Alterraun Verner (TB)CB – Champ Bailey (NO)S – Jairus Byrd (NO)S – Dashon Goldson (TB)P – Thomas Morstead (NO)Analysis: Given how good Carolina was on defense a year ago, it’s a shock that they only beat Atlanta on this side of the ball. The upstart Saints defense finishes in first place, with the rebuilt Buccaneers group coming in a close second. Things could be changing in the NFC South, where other defenses have caught the Panthers.

FINAL STANDINGSNew Orleans = 9Tampa Bay = 7Atlanta = 4Carolina = 4Analysis: New Orleans is clearly the class of the NFC South, with a surprising Tampa Bay team on their heels. But given that the Bucs have the biggest question mark at quarterback in the division, with newcomer Josh McCown at the helm, it’ll be tough for them to stay in the race in this loaded division.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most of this I completely agree with, but idk if I’m ok with the guard spots. Brees lets the ball go super quick, and as a result, those guys don’t have to do as much or for nearly as long.Also, I respect champ as much as the next guy, but should he be on here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t Byrd & Goldson both FSs?Either way I'd still take Barron over Goldson.Matthews hasn't played a down in the league and he makes it over Dotson who graded out as the best RT (& 1 of the best Overall tackles) in football last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Analysis: In a fairly balanced division, it’s not a huge surprise that New Orleans slightly wins on the offensive side of the ball. Mainly, that’s due to Drew Brees, who just barely edges Matt Ryan and Cam Newton for quarterback honors. Carolina, with their lack of offensive weapons, comes in last.

How does Brees "barely edge" out Ryan and Newton?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Newton has stats and ryan has home field advantage?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweet, Goldson should ensure that our secondary is the most penalized of any All Division team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m gonna have a go at this just for fun:QB: BreesRB: MartinFB: Tolbert (I'm old school, I can't leave off the FB)TE: GrahamWR: JonesWR: WhiteWR:VJaxLT: Collins (I'm gonna give him the nod over Long because I think any rookie will need a little time)LG: EvansC: KalilRG: GrubbsRT: Dotson (I'm excited about our Tackles)DE: HardyDT: LotuleileiDT: McCoyDE: Johnson (getting my hopes up)WLB: DavidMLB: KuechlySLB: DavisCB: VernerCB: Trufant (Bailey's getting old, Trufant is a soild young player... in general the CB position in our division isn't too impressive)S: ByrdS: Barron (I think he'll be great in this system... very tempted to put Vaccaro here)K: BarthP: Who cares lol. No clue. Morestead works for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgot about Trufant, I’d definitely take him over Champ at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My homerism had me leaning in the direction of putting Banks up there instead of Trufant but I think Trufant had a slightly better year… though I think Banks will be very good in Lovie’s D.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.