Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Masterful FA getting the big 3 under a 30m cap hit.

Love eating crow with him, and no I won’t change my name. We are 1-1 on championship seasons with that name. Call it a reverse-jinx

• mjs020294

Participant

The back office has been masterful so far this off season. Looks like pretty much the entire starting team will be retained and we can go into the draft just picking best available and and back fill for the older guys.

Big shout out to the players as well. They all seem committed to keeping the team together and making another SB run. Shaq could have probably got another $3-4 million a year and nearly double the guaranteed money in FA.

• buc_boi

Participant

Love eating crow with him, and no I won’t change my name. We are 1-1 on championship seasons with that name. Call it a reverse-jinx

Lol

+1, my man!

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

Throw some love at Greenberg and Davidson. Two headed monster with the money and managing these contracts.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Throw some love at Greenberg and Davidson. Two headed monster with the money and managing these contracts.

+1

Both have extensive background on the cap and contract side. Greenberg’s been here longer than Licht. That’s one front office position the org didn’t have to worry about when they brought in GM Licht.

I think Davidson could be being prepped for the possibility that Mike Greenberg might be tapped for a possible GM job.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Could we be on the verge of not only being a respectable franchise, but one of the best run organizations and a top location for players and coaches because of the culture that the team leaders and front office have cultivated?
      It’s starting to feel that way to me, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• tiapanda

Participant

Could we be on the verge of not only being a respectable franchise, but one of the best run organizations and a top location for players and coaches because of the culture that the team leaders and front office have cultivated?
        It’s starting to feel that way to me, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Yes. The worm has turned.

• seekpar

Participant

Great to hear Shaq is still in The Band!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Licht and the front office has killed it! And free agency hasn’t even started yet! I’ve given Licht a lot of grief over the years and he has really gotten much better over the last few years. I’m sure some of that is Brady but he’s made smart move after smart move since and you just have to give him credit!

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I will give him credit.

The Licht that we hired in 2014 is completely different from the Licht we know today. Keep in mind that Licht worked in New England for a number of years under Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli. He was bound to break out at some point. I’m glad he was still with us when he did.

• m_j

Participant

they did a great job indeed, but thats easy when guys want to stay here. tom brady effect! no income tax state effect!! winning SB team effect!!!

especially shaq’s contract is great. low cap hit in first year, two years fully guaranteed and at least third one probable, no matter how they spread the cap hit over years 2-4. win win situation!

• kenntak

Participant

Have to give credit where credit is due. A championship team was able to keep its pieces together–without a huge cap hit. Congrats Licht.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Curious to see who we get to replace AB and Fournette if at all…

Johnson and Miller may just step up…

Fournette is gone for sure, right?

• m_j

Participant

yepp, lenny is after the money we can’t pay

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Near flawless off-season.

Continued to be impressed keeping this team together after a chip.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Davidson does nothing. Just another feel-good media created with overstated contributions

• buc_boi

Participant

Have to give credit where credit is due. A championship team was able to keep its pieces together–without a huge cap hit. Congrats Licht.

+1

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Sometimes doing the obvious is the best solution. Keep the players that are worth keeping with second or third contracts, draft and develop and sign free agents that fit the teams needs with fair contracts.

I think Licht early on went for a lot of big splashes but since then has mellowed out and is finally putting together complete teams.

Build the trenches!

• Swash

Participant

Props to you on seeing the Licht 👀

• TBChucky

Participant

Great offseason so far! I’m very interested to see how this draft goes.. I’m hoping for an edge or DT with our first pick, but it’d be kinda hard to be upset with another stud offensive lineman.. Vita’s old teammate from Washington would fit nicely. That’d be one helluva hard team to run on!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Great offseason so far! I’m very interested to see how this draft goes.. I’m hoping for an edge or DT with our first pick, but it’d be kinda hard to be upset with another stud offensive lineman.. Vita’s old teammate from Washington would fit nicely. That’d be one helluva hard team to run on!

If we’re looking immediate impact then DT or RB seem to make sense. I don’t like RB this high unless somebody slides, but then again there doesn’t seem to be a sure fire 1st round caliber DT that I can tell. An OL is tough because I’m not sure they’re looking for a top pick to possibly sit all season.

• Iowabucfan

Participant

Glad to have Mr. Licht and not the Bear’s GM, Ryan Pace. What a mess.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Licht has a chance to really make me eat crow with a great draft.

Will get my bib and cutlery ready for sumdat…

Stay away from RB in the first. We need d-line depth. We need o-line depth.

Sign White and give me a permanent boner all season

• ABuccsFan

Participant

This DT class is weak.

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Reverse jinx my ass you hated Licht from day 1 and trashed him every chance you got not sit down and eat your humble pie.. I do respect the fact you’re acknowledging that you dropped the ball on Licht.. I’ve said numerous times Licht+BA is a great mix

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The point is that you can be wrong, can still think something, but in the end you still want the team to win.

Lambasting people for saying “Winston is a bust” or “Licht is a bad GM” or whatever… it doesn’t mean we don’t want them to succeed.

I am so fucking glad to be wrong about Licht. He turned it around. What an amazing miss on my part.

And I wish I was wrong about Winston do… I genuinely wanted him to do well here.

It’s a fine line between cynicism and reality sometimes

• JC5100

Participant

Bad GM that got bailed out by Brady signing here and some luck went their way.

• ryan24

Participant

SKOSsy award for jc.

• buc_boi

Participant

Lol

• BucsSavant

Participant

Winston was a huge bust. Pathetic history of drafting kickers. But other than that, has shrewdly developed a supporting cast high-caliber enough to attract the GOAT. Brady signing wasn’t “luck”, he was drawn here by the solid foundation built here the past 3-4 years. Licht started out pretty rough, but to call him a “terrible gm” at this point is silly.

• buc_boi

Participant

Reverse jinx my ass you hated Licht from day 1 and trashed him every chance you got not sit down and eat your humble pie.. I do respect the fact you’re acknowledging that you dropped the ball on Licht.. I’ve said numerous times Licht+BA is a great mix

In Firelichts defense, in a strange way, he’s the victim of persuasion.

It’s not entirely his fault, he was manipulated by the powers of persuasion… he’s seeing the light(no pun) now

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nah man, I make my own decisions.

Licht put it together. Didn’t think he could given his past failures but 2-3 of hits paid off in a big way.

Good for him.

Now can he take it to the next level and build a dynasty, even past Brady?

We shall see…

• JC5100

Participant

No, as soon as Brady retires Licht’s teams will be back in the basement. Look at teams with and without Brady

2000 to 2001 Pats adding Brady, +6 wins, Out of playoffs to SB winner

2007 to 2008 Pats subtracting Brady, -5 wins AFC Champion to out of playoffs

2019 to 2020 Pats subtracting Brady, -5 wins #2 seed to no playoffs

2019 to 2020 Bucs adding Brady, +4 wins Out of playoffs to SB winner

So over the course of 20 years his value to a team vs replacement per season is 5 regular season wins, 1.4 playoff wins per year and 0.5 Super Bowl wins per year.

• ryan24

Participant

No, as soon as Brady retires Licht’s teams will be back in the basement. Look at teams with and without Brady

So over the course of 20 years his value to a team vs replacement per season is 5 regular season wins, 1.4 playoff wins per year and 0.5 Super Bowl wins per year.

Who doesn’t love a poster who gets the day’s SKOSsy award out of the way by 8am?

• buc_boi

Participant

Nah man, I make my own decisions.

I’m not saying any of that, just to a certain degree you were seduced is all.

• buc_boi

Participant

…Jesus…

The mental gymnastics some of you put yourselves through just to justify your own hatred of the man is becoming concerning to say the least.

And Extremely comical to say the most.

• JC5100

Participant

…Jesus…

The mental gymnastics some of you put yourselves through just to justify your own hatred of the man is becoming concerning to say the least.

And Extremely comical to say the most.

Data you don’t like isn’t mental gymnastics.

• buc_boi

Participant

Props to mr Jason licht, seriously y’all, this offseason is one for the ages.

Who honestly thought we’d keep all the guys we’re keeping!? I didn’t, I mean I knew Jason was good, but hot damn, I didn’t think mr Jason licht was THAT damn good at his job!

I’m soooo glad that man is my GM/uncle

• ABuccsFan

Participant

JC5100 is still mad because Gruden’s overrated ass was fired.

Buccs won another SuperBowl. Gruden still sucks.

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• JC5100

Participant

I hated Gruden at the end. My “Dead Team Walking” thread at 9-3 was legendary.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.