Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

PewterReport.com ranks the 25 All-Time Greatest Buccaneers in this five-part series. Which current player makes today’s list? Who is the only Tampa Bay QB represented? Find out as we rank players 16-20 in this installment. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9876

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correction: Cedric Brown was a free safety and never played CB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep it was corrected. I wrote the bio as a safety, not sure how CB got in there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity, did you all consider Steve Wilson?  Between his long-term career and under-appreciated role in keeping Williams from being sacked, could see him on the list but also could see him being overlooked accidently. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity, did you all consider Steve Wilson?  Between his long-term career and under-appreciated role in keeping Williams from being sacked, could see him on the list but also could see him being overlooked accidently.

He and Grimes were considered but neither made the list. I thought both were pretty good centers but we ended up going with Mayberry. There were several guys that were borderline but I was only one vote!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grimes….now that is a name I hadn’t thought of or heard for awhile but he was a class act and even as I agree with him not being on the list, kudos for remembering him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bubba is at a lot of the alumni events. He went through a bad stretch with some addiction issues but seems to have come out on the other side much better. I enjoy visiting with him when I see him at One Buc. He is also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/randy.grimes.77?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think SR keeps me around since I have been around since the beginning and remember a lot of the old history. I remember studying the old gameday programs in my bedroom as a kid. Reading the teams records etc. Most guys my age were stealing their Dad’s Playboys, I was content re-reading the game programs nightly. Still have a handful of them around in a box in a storeroom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Astounding that you have Warrick Dunn at 17 and Alstott at 7.  Rice should be ahead of Alstott as well.  I am not a hater, but he was so overhyped by the fans, that Dunn was somehow forgotten.  Warrick was our only offense between the 20’s for years.  He had 4,200 yards in 5 seasons, while Alstott has only 5,088 in 11.  Add in his 2,374 receiving yards in those seasons vs Alstotts 2,284 in 11 seasons, and Dunn has to be considered twice the performer as a Buc than Alstott was.  Alstott leads in touchdowns obviously, but a lot of that was on the back of the forgotten little guy!  And his carrear touchdowns were only 7 behind Alstott.  He was named to the pro bowl as a RB twice, while Alstott was only ever named as a FB.  It still breaks my heart that he left before Gruden came in, I wish he would’ve been there for our SB run.  Sorry, this is just my old rant about a player that never got the respect he deserved here, especially compared to one who got too much credit by simply being a fan favorite.  Both were exciting players, but production wise, Dunn should be listed above Alstott as he was the majority of the offense for the Bucs during his time in TB!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bickley, I see where you are coming from.  I think the fact that while Alstott remained a Buc, Dunn moved or was traded and played for the Falcons from 2002-2008, played a big part in this ranking.  Ironically, just the other day I was thinking about if bringing in Pittman and letting Dunn go for the 2002 campaign was the right move even as we won it all that year.  Don’t know the answer to that despite the fact that Dunn’s accomplishments far outweigh Pittman’s.  Did he rush for over 9000 yard in his career?  On a personal note, I do not think Alstott was over-rated but complimented whoever the other main rusher was even as he continued to make "Alstott" like plays

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs didn’t trade Dunn nor did they “let him go”.  They tried to re-sign him and Gruden called him immediately upon becoming coach telling him the things he wanted to do with him but they couldn’t match what the Falcons offered him.BTW, IIRC Dunn actually rushed for OVER 10,000 yards in his career.  Could be wrong....

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.