Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

PewterReport.com ranks the 25 All-Time Greatest Buccaneers in this five-part series. Which surprise players make the list? Which Bucs greats don’t make the cut? Find out as we rank players 6-10 in this installment. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9878

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alstott ahead of Rice and Gruber is absurd on any list other than fan popularity!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s the logic behind putting Gramatica, Karl Williams, Davin Joseph, Gerald McCoy and David on the list but not Brian Kelly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So assuming Brooks, Barber, Sapp, Selmon, and Nickerson are the top 5, who are the best players not on the list? Frank Middleton, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, Joey Galloway….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's the logic behind putting Gramatica, Karl Williams, Davin Joseph, Gerald McCoy and David on the list but not Brian Kelly.

Brian Kelly never made a Pro Bowl and was never the best player at his position on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's the logic behind putting Gramatica, Karl Williams, Davin Joseph, Gerald McCoy and David on the list but not Brian Kelly.

Brian Kelly never made a Pro Bowl and was never the best player at his position on the team.

Stupid reasons. He was an excellent player for a long time on elite defenses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stupid reasons. He was an excellent player for a long time on elite defenses.

I like Kelly and wouldn't argue if he was #24 or #25, but for how long he was on the team, he was only a starter for 4 seasons. Pretty much every player on the list made at least one Pro Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord I do miss the A Train. I’m a homer but I’ve never had more fun watching anyone run the football than him. Also… what I wouldn’t give to have a Simeon Rice on this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alstott ahead of Rice and Gruber is absurd on any list other than fan popularity!

Maybe popularity plays a role. I haven't seen the criteria used to come up with this list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord I do miss the A Train. I'm a homer but I've never had more fun watching anyone run the football than him. Also... what I wouldn't give to have a Simeon Rice on this team.

+1 on both counts!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d put Kelly ahead of Davin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd put Kelly ahead of Davin

I'd be fine with that.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

love the A-train, definitely a top guy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Rice is better than both Lynch and Barber, but for longevity purposes, I have no problem with them being ahead of him.1. Brooks2. Selmon3. Sapp4. Rice5. Lynch6. BarberAdmittedly, I don't like Sapp as a person and I have a hard time separating that bias, but I still think he's fairly rated at any of the top three positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t have a problem with Alstott being that high, if I’m not mistaken he’s our all time leader in TDs still. That counts for a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have a problem with Alstott being that high, if I'm not mistaken he's our all time leader in TDs still. That counts for a lot.

But he's a Fullback  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd put Kelly ahead of Davin

I'd be fine with that.

Hell I'd put Husted over Davin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have a problem with Alstott being that high, if I'm not mistaken he's our all time leader in TDs still. That counts for a lot.

No problem at all either.  He was so much fun to watch and no player ever got Raymond James rocking more than the A-Train

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I definitely think Alstott should be ranked high in a popularity list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Rice is better than both Lynch and Barber, but for longevity purposes, I have no problem with them being ahead of him.1. Brooks2. Selmon3. Sapp4. Rice5. Lynch6. BarberAdmittedly, I don't like Sapp as a person and I have a hard time separating that bias, but I still think he's fairly rated at any of the top three positions.

He's my #1 but even the most hateful fan has to acknowledge he's undoubtably top 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No problem at all either.  He was so much fun to watch and no player ever got Raymond James rocking more than the A-Train

No question.....he is an all time top 10 Buccaneer. LOVED that guy!!

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

It never gets old. Poor Springs thought he could get under those pads but no...http://youtube.com/watch?v=_EVfpqbqxOI#

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's my #1 but even the most hateful fan has to acknowledge he's undoubtably top 3.

Agreed.  To me, he is top two, neck and neck with Selmon.  More of a 1a and 1b scenario.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  To me, he is top two, neck and neck with Selmon.  More of a 1a and 1b scenario.

'cept one of them led us to a Lombardi.....and one didn't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

'cept one of them led us to a Lombardi.....and one didn't.

True, but one had the Glazers, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and Rice working with them...and one didn't.  One also did it with class, one certainly didn't.  That said, I have absolutely no qualms with someone placing Sapp above Selmon.  When the question is as vague as "Who's the Greatest...", without any clear metrics outlined, it invites a lot of variables that each of us will introduce into the equation.  For me, they were both amazing at their respective positions and about even there.  Both were the faces of the team, although in very different ways.  One has a ring, and one has class.  I love both of those  guys, and the difference between their "Greatness" as a Buccaneer is defined by fractions of a percent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 – Selmon2 - Brooks3 - Sapp4 - Nickerson5 - Barber6 - Rice7 - Gruber8 - Lynch9 - Alstott10 - Giles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It never gets old. Poor Springs thought he could get under those pads but no...http://youtube.com/watch?v=_EVfpqbqxOI#

SO BRUTAL

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.