Viewing 2 reply threads

• Author

• kbl117

Participant

If you guys have no interest in this that is ok, but I was curious to know how McCown fared vs pressure up the middle, as opposed to outside pressure last season. I know the NFL has statistical breakdowns vs each scenario nowadays, but I wouldnt know how to find it. I know certain QBs struggle unusually moreso vs inside pressure than outside. One name that comes to mind was Donovan McNabb. Seeing as how the Bucs appear VERY strong on paper vs outside pass rushers, and potentially VERY weak on paper vs the inside pressure it may be interesting to see how the Bucs new starting QB performed vs inside pressure last year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what I’ve seen at OTAs and mini-camp practices, I wouldn’t be concerned with McCown in regards to interior pressure. He got the ball out of his hand quick and got through his progressions very fast. Those two traits alone will definitely help against any interior rush and pressure from the middle. McCown looked fantastic all spring and he’s one of the most professional players I’ve ever been around. That being said, during the non-contact practices like the ones in spring, interior rushes from defensive tackles and inside blitz pressure are limited and isn’t played at full speed. We’ll know a lot more once the pads come on when training camp begins. Hope this helped, kbl117.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe it was PFF who ranked McCown #1 in the league when under pressure.Someone posted the numbers but I can't remember which thread it was.

Please wait…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.