Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• cyberdude558

Participant

A lawyer arguing with a judge in a court room is not exactly breaking news….but it is when they start throwing punches…

Tensions erupted in a Brevard County courtroom this morning when a judge challenged an assistant public defender to "go out back and I'll just beat your ass."Public Defender Blaise Trettis said Judge John Murphy grabbed Assistant Public Defender Andrew Weinstock and punched him in the head.Video of the incident was released today to FLORIDA TODAY.In the video, Murphy and Weinstock exchange words about a case after Weinstock refuses to waive one clients' right to a speedy trial."You want to set it for docket sounding, set it for docket sounding. I'm not waiving in any case. This is an emergency created by the state," the attorney says.Murphy responds: "You know if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down. I'll take care of it. I don't need your help. Sit down.""You know what? I'm the public defender I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my clients.""I said sit down. If you want to fight lets go out back and I'll just beat your ass."The men disappear off camera, and loud banging can be heard. Public Defender Blaise Trettis said the men went into a hallway behind the courtroom typically used by judges and jurors."The lawyer said as soon as he got in the hallway the judge grabbed him by the collar and began punching him in the head," Trettis said. Trettis said Weinstock tried to stop the blows, and courtroom bailiffs came into the hallway and pulled the two apart.On the video, while they are off camera, one of the men says: "I'm not kidding. You wanna [expletive] with me?"The judge returns to the courtroom, but the attorney does not, according to the video. Murphy is out of breath when he retakes his seat."I will catch my breath eventually," he says. Those gathered in the courtroom applaud.Trettis said he met with Weinstock, but he had not seen the courtroom video when he spoke with FLORIDA TODAY Monday evening. He said to his knowledge, criminal charges won't be pursued."I hope it's not a reflection on Judge Murphy's really outstanding legal career," Trettis said, adding, "If it's true, you know, I think it's really an uncharacteristic, isolated incident."

Video at the link....http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2014/06/02/judge-lawyer-tussle-in-brevard-courtroom/9886361/

• Anonymous

Inactive

that judge should be a mod here

• brycen54

Participant

Yeah but we’ll need to put a camera in the hallway so we can watch him slapping your ass around.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but we'll need to put a camera in the hallway so we can watch him slapping your ass around.

does this mean you are stalking me?06/02/2014 23:00:23 Re: Public defender and a judge start fighting during court Pirate's Cove 1606/02/2014 17:46:35 Re: Cowardly McCoward turns tail and runs Pirate's Cove 2232 :-[

• brycen54

Participant

No, it means I would really enjoy seeing the judge tune you up. Might even knock that 'dead rat with a perm' looking hairpiece right off your head. "Motion denied, Beilman!! *crack*!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, it means I would really enjoy seeing the judge tune you up. Might even knock that 'dead rat with a perm' looking hairpiece right off your head. "Motion denied, Beilman!! *crack*!!!

well, let's see, you have 2 (out of context) quotes from me in your sig line and you came on to the boards last night to do only one thing, which was to post a comment ABOUT ME .. . and you're here again posting ABOUT ME  first thing you did, actually (06/03/2014 07:46:16 Re: Public defender and a judge start fighting during court Pirate's Cove 44 ) . . .  so . . . um . .  yeah . . .didn't you say I was stalking you?

• brycen54

Participant

Do you actually keep a record of everything I do?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He keeps full record of all your message board activity on an excel spreadsheet which he references continuously in lieu of doing any actual lawyering.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread.  It delivers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He does this sometimes 20 hours per day nearly 7 days a week, so he’ll know the moment you post, by doing this he can jump in right away and call you a stalker. See how it works? So in his reality It's not him it's you. ???

• Anonymous

Inactive

One, two and three . . . all three of you focused on Vin . .  . and yet all three of you blame me.  lol

So in his reality It's not him it's you. ???

Perfect exampleWhy would anyone believe anything you guys post?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple. Because everyone on the board except for the occasional newbie drifter knows you’re a lying doochbag.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple. Because everyone on the board except for the occasional newbie drifter knows you're a lying doochbag.

Lol, yeah right . . . and this thread is a perfect example of that right because, as an example, I told one of those posters you call a "newbie drifter" that you guys follow me around and then blame me.  Hey, look what happened this morning in this thread . .  one  . .  two . .  three . .  you're all here, posting ABOUT ME .  . and not about the topic . . lolweird, but if this entertains you Durango . .  have fun, it is a message board after all

• brycen54

Participant

Lol. On the Red Board the other day he followed me into four different threads. When I refused to respond to him he accused me of being a stalker. Classic Vin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. On the Red Board the other day he followed me into four different threads. When I refused to respond to him he accused me of being a stalker. Classic Vin.

huh? links?Look, you guys have your fun okay.  I am sure the OP appreciates your comments

• brycen54

Participant

The topic of this thread is judges slapping around lawyers, a notion that seems to have garnered overwhelming support.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is my Schmatta. I use it to smear you with lies and I use it to give my cowardly surrender.flag.gif

We already know that, counselor.

• vlagatta

Judges ARE lawyers.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.