Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

Our coaching staff does some really dumb things but, putting Tristan back in was about as dumb as it gets. Why the fuck would be consider it, even if he wanted to go back in? Like he was clearly banged up on that play. He’s the best tackle in the game at 22. For God’s sake, be better BA.

• TURBO

Participant

It was dumb, especially up by 3 TDs at the time.

It’s almost inexcusable.

• kenntak

Participant

That was basically moronic. The poor guy was in so much pain, was totally ineffective, and risked further injury. I don’t understand what they were doing at all.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, even if he wanted to come back in, how in God’s name are you agreeing to it. He needs to be a Buc for life, let’s stop putting our players in further harm’s way.

• Biggs3535

Participant

That was basically moronic. The poor guy was in so much pain, was totally ineffective, and risked further injury. I don’t understand what they were doing at all.

The worst for me is, Arians just did this same thing with Gronk @ LAR. Gronk was injured and Arians put him back out there, in a game that was out of hand. Gronk ending up making the injury worse and missing over a month.

I really couldn’t believe he did the same stupid thing, unnecessarily.

• TCB2W!

Participant

The worst for me is, Arians just did this same thing with Gronk @ LAR. Gronk was injured and Arians put him back out there, in a game that was out of hand. Gronk ending up making the injury worse and missing over a month.

You do realize, a player can’t return to a game without the trainers clearing them, right? If you can’t trust your trainers, who can you trust. (And yes, we probably can’t trust our trainers.)

• TURBO

Participant

Trainers have to clear them, but the head coach has the final say, right?

I mean, up by 3 TDs, it is just common sense to sit him.

I can only dismiss this if BA was genuinely concerned about protecting Brady for the remainder of the game…

Even then, it was a stupid move.

I still can’t believe Brady played a single snap in the 4th quarter, that wasn’t that smart either.

• Biggs3535

Participant

You do realize, a player can’t return to a game without the trainers clearing them, right? If you can’t trust your trainers, who can you trust. (And yes, we probably can’t trust our trainers.)

There is a difference between physically being able to play (which is what the trainers are there for) and being functionally able to play at high levels. Could Gronk and Wirfs go back on the field to play? Sure, they physically could have – and did. Should Gronk and Wirfs have gone back on the field to play? Of course not. Gronk took more shots to his ribs/back area and ended up missing over a month. Wirfs was noticeable ginger on that ankle and was ineffective. I don’t see how the injury wasn’t worsened, but I suppose it’s possible. Neither player should have been put in those situations.

You overall point isn’t wrong, though. Arians isn’t the only one who deserves blame. What kind of trainers OK guys to return with broken ribs and high ankle sprains?

• Vance

Participant

After I saw that, while reading this thread. Makes me wonder if Brown was right. Y’all can get mad at me for bringing it up , but that was just insane to do that with our best lineman .

• RudeGuy

Participant

He gets injured, they take him in for x-rays (nothing broken), he’s shown on the sidelines testing it out after a tape job, and he limps after testing. If it was diagnosed as a high ankle sprain there is no way he was going to be able to block a 300 lbs lineman. How in the hell can the trainers clear him to go back in the game? Someone needs to get canned if this is true.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

After I saw that, while reading this thread. Makes me wonder if Brown was right. Y’all can get mad at me for bringing it up , but that was just insane to do that with our best lineman .

two different topics that aren’t mutually exclusive

Bruce Arians being a knuckle head – i.e. Wirfs, Gronk going back in; a banged up Carlton Davis playing special teams on a punt; deciding to try and drive 97 yards with 25 seconds left in half against Atlanta resulting in a pick 6 have nothing to do with Antonio Brown being a selfish person with mental issues.

let’s review

AB went on an interview post incident and bad mouthed how Gronks contract was not driven by incentives to the extent his was.

The Wednesday prior to the incident he asked Bucs front office to guarantee his incentives

During the game, he had a modest 3 catches and was paranoid, panicking

ultimately, you have to be foolish not to question whether AB had this planned and his heart just wasnt in football anymore

Think about it, nobody saw him get hurt in the Eagles game; the Bucs didnt put him on IR to think it would be a 3 plus week injury; and the dude misses half a season do to it (even with the 3 game suspension, it was expected hed miss 2 weeks)

they probably begged him to come back after the Godwin and Evans injury; he balled out; then realized he doesnt love football.

it’s all adding up but let’s go with the under 1 % chance that AB was being disrespected by Bruce Arians and putting his health at risk.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

AB planned his whole thing… dude is psycho. I think he loves football to some extent; don’t think it’s that.

I think he wanted his bonus and then wanted to quit and give the middle finger because in his head he wasn’t making enough.

That is way different than Wirfs being allowed to go back in… like Gronk, it was an awful idea.

It also resulted in a sack and momentum lost.

It was a lose/lose/lose

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Looking back it wasn’t smart.

But ultimately it was upto wirfs.

If he wants to give his ankle a try, I let him.

Playoff football. Win or go home.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Hard to say if he would play this week had he not gone back in… but that’s what my gut tells me. The play where he went back in he re-aggeivated it

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.