Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

It’s that time of year. Let’s check out these metrics to see  just how much better Mariota actually is. Good stuff! Spoiler Alert! Mariota is better than Winston and ever QB from the 2014 draft. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52722/349/2015s-quarterback-conundrum

• Anonymous

Inactive

OP gonna be real mad when we take Winston next month.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's that time of year. Let's check out these metrics to see  just how much better Mariota actually is. Good stuff! Spoiler Alert! Mariota is better than Winston and ever QB from the 2014 draft. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52722/349/2015s-quarterback-conundrum

comparing Metrics to say Mariota is better than anyone else in the draft is pointless because Mariota played in an offense where completions were ridiculously easy. Of course you probably disagree with me on that Jdub. If I'm wrong (along with the rest of the world) Mariota will be pick #1, simple as that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since DJ isn’t here, I’ll just say it:JDub mad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota put up better stats than Winston last season, BREAKING NEWS EVERYONE!

• Anonymous

Inactive

God, the meltdown on draft day will be comedy gold!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool, this is the same metric system that put everyone here against Bridgewater and made them fall in love with Johnny and Bortles. This metric system doesn’t put in account type of offense or anything or actual game tape.

• Anonymous

Inactive

the meltdowns will be epic this year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup, no matter who is picked there will be a meltdown, but Winston would definitely provide the best one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, IIRC the metrics had Bridgewater standing out, and everyone ignored it because he looked bad in shorts…I could have a crap memory though

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gonna miss ya around here, JDouble. lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool, this is the same metric system that put everyone here against Bridgewater and made them fall in love with Johnny and Bortles. This metric system doesn't put in account type of offense or anything or actual game tape.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't freaking wait to see it! Just imagine the crying on here when Juggies Jaboo walks up to shake Goodell's hand and slides that Bucs hat on his head.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be at least 10 manifestos posted about why the OP will no longer be a fan of the Buccaneers. Can't wait!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though I am a Winston fan I will say this….Mariota’s adjustment time in the NFL is going to be minimal because the NFL isn’t a traditional under center pro set league anymore.  Carr’s skill sets from college translated well at the pro level last season, and I believe Mariota will do just as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be at least 10 manifestos posted about why the OP will no longer be a fan of the Buccaneers. Can't wait!

True story...

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Mariota is going to be a Rodgers type qb. Threat to throw and run. Winston will be a good qb too and is the more hyped player but I think Mariota will be better.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I post a solid link to a great, informative unbiased  breakdown…. And I get 20 retarded fan boi posts about how Winston is still so cool and impending meltdowns. Smh. Wonder why I’m over this stink hole.Tampa really does deserve Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I post a solid link to a great, informative unbiased  breakdown.... And I get 20 retarded fan boi posts about how Winston is still so cool and impending meltdowns. Smh. Wonder why I'm over this stink hole.Tampa really does deserve Winston.

I LOLd. I guess people like to follow you around to poke you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I post a solid link to a great, informative unbiased  breakdown.... And I get 20 retarded fan boi posts about how Winston is still so cool and impending meltdowns. Smh. Wonder why I'm over this stink hole.Tampa really does deserve Winston.

I LOLd. I guess people like to follow you around to poke you.

In fairness, he reacts funnier than the Pillsbury Dough Boy when he gets poked sometimes....

• Anonymous

Inactive

The whiny, feminine, bitchy meltdown is already starting...

• Anonymous

Inactive

The whiny, feminine, (censored)y meltdown is already starting...

QFT

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really like Mariota and would be a fan of us taking him. He’s a smart player and i think he can get passed the prototypical QB hurdle that many others couldn’t. He has heart and can ball. But damn if you don’t ruin every player with your whining, just like last year with Donald. You make likable players unlikable with your egotistical rants and menopausal mood swings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“menopausal mood swings” – that is crisis stage… LOL

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't freaking wait to see it! Just imagine the crying on here when Juggies Jaboo walks up to shake Goodell's hand and slides that Bucs hat on his head.

I think its a db move to rub it in anyone's face. Its not like this team needs to push anyone away, and its not like we all aren't looking for improvement.Fact remains. We can be all happy about Winston or mariota being selected, but that is just guesswork..might as well flip a coin. Your guy can be your guy, but the future is where you're supposed to rub it in. Just drafting a guy on terms that I like is a hollow victory unless it leads to wins.

• Anonymous

Inactive

really? are the even 2 that are talking about Winston? and Sorry but comparing metrics between QBs in college who play 3 completely different styles of offense is not great or solid info at all. If Im wrong then obviously Mariota will be the who the Bucs QB. I can give you a spoiler alert on who's right me or you, but ill just save it for you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone have the end of the year rankings of the defenses that each QB faced throughout the year? Can’t find it

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's that time of year. Let's check out these metrics to see  just how much better Mariota actually is. Good stuff! Spoiler Alert! Mariota is better than Winston and ever QB from the 2014 draft. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52722/349/2015s-quarterback-conundrum

JDub. Love the science but I doubt it will sway the Winston apologist movement. They can't see the field past their Garnet and Gold glasses.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, IIRC the metrics had Bridgewater standing out, and everyone ignored it because he looked bad in shorts...I could have a crap memory though

If I remember correctly it made him look like he struggled going deep and it made Bortles and Manziel look much better going downfield which made people start sayin Bridgewater couldn't throw downfield but people forget it's completely different throwing downfield in a pro style offense then it is in a spread that is made to open up the field. with that said I think Mariota is still going to be a good quarterback and you really can't go wrong but Winstons upside is much more.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, IIRC the metrics had Bridgewater standing out, and everyone ignored it because he looked bad in shorts...I could have a crap memory though

If I remember correctly it made him look like he struggled going deep and it made Bortles and Manziel look much better going downfield which made people start sayin Bridgewater couldn't throw downfield but people forget it's completely different throwing downfield in a pro style offense then it is in a spread that is made to open up the field. with that said I think Mariota is still going to be a good quarterback and you really can't go wrong but Winstons upside is much more.

Found it: Bridgewater was average on the deep ball. But clearly outshined everyone in almost every other category. Kind of interesting when you consider how they translated to the NFL. Would be a definite plus for mariotahttp://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/out-of-the-box

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't get how you, who would have taken Manziel over anyone in last year's draft, who would have traded up to get him, don't have any humility in regards to your ability to evaluate quarterbacks. I mean, I know before you thought you were infallible before last year, but you'd think after that experience you'd be like, "I am positive that Mariota is better, but after last year, I definitely am not 100% certain."I just don't get how you can have such a hard, certain opinion on something you've already proven that to not be an expert on.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jamie’s definitely played tougher defenses:Winston Ok State  91CitadelClemson    1NC State.    46Wake Forest  40Syracuse      26Notre Dame  71Louisville  6Virginia.  28Boston College  11Miami.  14Florida  15Georgia Tech. 79Oregon 87Average ranking (minus the citadel)= 39.6MariotaSouth DakotaMich St.    8Wyoming  89Washington St.  97Arizona  103UCLA  63Washington  78CAL  121Stanford  3Utah  58Colorado  111Oregon St.  74FSU  61Ohio St.    19Average ranking (minus South Dakota )= 68I was unable to find the overall defensive rankings of the Citadel and South Dakota so the were not factored in. Source http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. You're right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Read it earlier today. Whoever did that put a lot of work into it. Very informative.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Found it: Bridgewater was average on the deep ball. But clearly outshined everyone in almost every other category. Kind of interesting when you consider how they translated to the NFL. Would be a definite plus for mariotahttp://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/out-of-the-box

Yep. But the Winstonites know better.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't get how you, who would have taken Manziel over anyone in last year's draft, who would have traded up to get him, don't have any humility in regards to your ability to evaluate quarterbacks. I mean, I know before you thought you were infallible before last year, but you'd think after that experience you'd be like, "I am positive that Mariota is better, but after last year, I definitely am not 100% certain."I just don't get how you can have such a hard, certain opinion on something you've already proven that to not be an expert on.

Dont forget these great little nuggets:ASJ is a great in-line blocker and top TE in the draft.Mike Evans is soft (lol) and needs to trim up because JDub had him pegged as a TE!! He is too fat!!Seriously though, I really can't feel sorry about all of the grief JDub gets because he brings it on himself by the way he interacts with everyone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont forget these great little nuggets:ASJ is a great in-line blocker and top TE in the draft.Mike Evans is soft (lol) and needs to trim up because JDub had him pegged as a TE!! He is too fat!!Seriously though, I really can't feel sorry about all of the grief JDub gets because he brings it on himself by the way he interacts with everyone.

He's passionate and gets excited about the draft (which we are all too familiar with being in position to get the top talent from) so he picks his players and argues his case.I don't know that I've seen the animosity on his part to warrant some of the responses he gets.This board is toxic though. Too many close-minded, quick-to-insult internet bullies.

• Anonymous

Inactive

comparing Metrics to say Mariota is better than anyone else in the draft is pointless because Mariota played in an offense where completions were ridiculously easy. Of course you probably disagree with me on that Jdub. If I'm wrong (along with the rest of the world) Mariota will be pick #1, simple as that.

Good post...

• robert33

Participant

Thats what want to see numbers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jamie's definitely played tougher defenses:Winston Ok State  91CitadelClemson    1NC State.    46Wake Forest  40Syracuse      26Notre Dame  71Louisville  6Virginia.  28Boston College  11Miami.  14Florida  15Georgia Tech. 79Oregon 87Average ranking (minus the citadel)= 39.6MariotaSouth DakotaMich St.    8Wyoming  89Washington St.  97Arizona  103UCLA  63Washington  78CAL  121Stanford  3Utah  58Colorado  111Oregon St.  74FSU  61Ohio St.    19Average ranking (minus South Dakota )= 68I was unable to find the overall defensive rankings of the Citadel and South Dakota so the were not factored in. Source http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

First of all, take out Clemson since Winston didn't play that game. I'm sure that will skew the data, albeit very slightly, in his favor.Next, since determining average rank of opponent isn't a good indicator on its own, see how each QB did while facing the better competition on his schedule.That should give you a better idea, though still not complete.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post...

That's true, but if you look further...Any offense that completes 70.1% of the passes 11-20 yards, while accounting for the majority (33.4%) of the throws is an offense I want to run.Let's run an offense with those "ridiculously easy" 11-20 yard throws....Did you guys even read it? Or can you just not interpret all of the numbers?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for posting this JDouble.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post...

That's true, but if you look further...Any offense that completes 70.1% of the passes 11-20 yards, while accounting for the majority (33.4%) of the throws is an offense I want to run.Let's run an offense with those "ridiculously easy" 11-20 yard throws....Did you guys even read it? Or can you just not interpret all of the numbers?

Maybe it can be done. Id like to see someone try and I wouldnt mind if we did. I know what youre trying to say though. That 11-20 yard throws arent easy just because of the offense. It does sound hard to believe but its pretty easy to believe when you watch Oregon play. You had to at least watch the Rose bowl right? When Mariota did throw to a guy 11-20 yards down the field(in any game), that guy was wide open. Youll have a hard time finding 10 times over his 3 year career where thats not the case.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apples to Apples – They’re both talented QBs who will succeed in the NFL someday.I see one as becoming a True Pro, someone who will represent our favorite sports team well... the other not so much.Mariota is the only one worth the #1 pick IMO.  Everything logically points that way.  Majority of GM's, coaches, assistant coaches, statistics, etc. etc. etc.    Everyone elses opinions are just that...My fear is the Bucs will make a Buc-like decision and go with the other guy.  A decision they'll regret.  *Sigh*My $.02

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post...

Maybe it can be done. Id like to see someone try and I wouldnt mind if we did. I know what youre trying to say though. That 11-20 yard throws arent easy just because of the offense. It does sound hard to believe but its pretty easy to believe when you watch Oregon play. You had to at least watch the Rose bowl right? When Mariota did throw to a guy 11-20 yards down the field(in any game), that guy was wide open. Youll have a hard time finding 10 times over his 3 year career where thats not the case.

But I don't think it's wise to force the ball to someone downfield into coverage unless they're a jump ball receivers, and Oregon's receivers aren't and haven't been for the most part.And how do we know that it isn't because of Mariota's manipulation of the offense that those WRs are so wide open? He gets the calls from the sideline, but he's in charge of his eyes, pump fakes, scrambles and where he ultimately goes with the ball - all things under his control that affect how the defense plays him.

• Masterchief

Participant

Coming in like a fly to sh1t, to take a shot at someone while bolstering your scouting confidence. Clearly you are the superior talent evaluator. Feel better? Perhaps you could give Jdub some tips...Your secret formula maybe? Reading your posts, I can't help but feel a little self reflection might do you some good, maybe you would find some humility.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.