Question: Could we be looking at another former Jet now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

Nick Mangold come on down!!!!

And BTW, Fitz @3M per is very nice!!!! Weren’t we offering the Giraffe 7.5-8M to be a backup?…..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

G.O.A.T. Pellets
    Participant

Nick Mangold come on down!!!! And BTW, Fitz @3M per is very nice!!!! Weren’t we offering the Giraffe 7.5-8M to be a backup?…..

I’m riding your coat tails…Good value, good mentor and maybe good recruiter. I would rest easy with Mangold in the fold…Freakin’ cut Evan Smith already.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    CalicoJack55
    Participant

How many centers is too many? Look on the other side of the ball if you want to add another jet…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

And that’s a sub-point also…. I’d cut Evan Smith as well….. However, Mangold had a rough year physically last year. The point of holding onto Smith at least through Camp if a kid steps up who can backup the play at guard/tackle. Which Evan would be 3rd center/BU OG….. Then he’s a goner!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

I much rather keep Evan Smith and dump Hawley, EDS can play center just as good as Hawley and can also play guard if needed. And why would we need Mangold with Marpet making the move to center?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

Which of the JETS DLiner’s is available?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

I’ve never read anywhere (Ali’s was a permanent move to Center) That they think he can do it. But, they also were going to put their BEST 5 OLman out there. Maybe Ali at this time is more important at Guard than to mess with it until we can get another ROG in here!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

I’ve never read anywhere (Ali’s was a permanent move to Center) That they think he can do it. But, they also were going to put their BEST 5 OLman out there. Maybe Ali at this time is more important at Guard than to mess with it until we can get another ROG in here!

http://m.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Watch-Ali-Marpet-Press-Conference/01ea07b1-7ac9-4265-a535-dc8f5a227997 All signs point to Mangold having zero chance of being signed by the Bucs.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    CalicoJack55
    Participant

Which of the JETS DLiner’s is available?

They’ve been trying to unload Sheldon Richardson and S Calvin Prior.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    XFactor
    Participant

I’ve been saying grab Mangold all off season. We are all assuming that Marpet is going to be great at center. I’m no expert on offensive line play but is that transition easy? I’d rather keep Marpet at guard get Mangold for a year or two and draft a center next year or sign another proven FA.  Idk, maybe Marpet kills it at center and it’s not a big deal but I think it’s a safer play to grab a vet center and keep Marpet at guard.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    tiapanda
    Participant

This offensive line needs to get younger, not older.  We have too many over the hill (never up the hill) grizzled vets there already.  Hawley is useless because he can’t play guard.  E. Smith is ok until we find a better C/G backup.  Dotson needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.  I wouldn’t delay Marpet’s transition to C for one year or less of a beat up Mangold.  He was the center that I think Ali can become.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GoldsonAges
    Participant

Maybe Ali at this time is more important at Guard than to mess with it until we can get another ROG in here!

Sweezy has played RG his entire carreer and they are happy with Pamphile at LG.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo wrote:
    (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
    Update - UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Mr. Shankley
    Participant

no way he comes here, right?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DEBUCSOWN
    Participant

Mangold is still a FA because teams want him as a guard but he wants to stay at center. I’d sign him as a C and just move marpet back to guard. Boom major upgrade.  Would be similar to mankins and be an improvement for a year or 2 which i would be fine with

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Mr. Shankley
    Participant

I don’t think teams work this way. They don’t make a lot of noise sbout moving a young talent from G to C (in part so they can play a FA at that G position) and then unravel it all for a 33 year old injured C. He is 33, injured, and apparently has not played well (according to the Ravens) for two years:

“Mangold’s health a concern

Free-agent center Nick Mangold took a free-agent visit to the Ravens in early April and while it was said to have gone well, there’s been no developments since. Perhaps, Mangold’s health is a major reason. In an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio this week, the 33-year-old called recovery from an ankle injury that prematurely ended his 2016 season a “slow grind” and said it’s taken “a lot longer” than he’d expected. Mangold hasn’t played that well the past two seasons and if there are ongoing concerns about his health, you can see why the Ravens have stood pat.”

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.