Question: Could we be looking at another former Jet now?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    XFactor
    Participant

I look at Alex Mack and what he did for the Falcons Oline at 31, Mangold is still a good player at 33. Why not sign him and keep Marpet at guard. We would still have decent depth at center with Hawley and Evan-Smith.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

I’ve never read anywhere (Ali’s was a permanent move to Center) That they think he can do it. But, they also were going to put their BEST 5 OLman out there. Maybe Ali at this time is more important at Guard than to mess with it until we can get another ROG in here!

http://m.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Watch-Ali-Marpet-Press-Conference/01ea07b1-7ac9-4265-a535-dc8f5a227997 All signs point to Mangold having zero chance of being signed by the Bucs.

Thanks Jasher,

I also watched the video of Warhop last week… http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Watch_George_Warhop_Press_Conference/ffa48bad-0440-4a66-9267-5edecfa5ae34

He states that he believes Marpet will eventually make the move and he is a smart player. I guess I’m still on the fence about a 100% recovery from JR Sweezy….. Guy was out of the Game for a Year with back surgery. Until the pads go on and he’s shoving MF’ers around and pounding them into the ground like his run protection in Seattle I think he’s a 50/50 at this time.

Warhop mentions and even Koetter and everyone else who has talked about the OLine… The TOP 5 play where they end up position ally is still up in the air. That’s why they were training Pamp, Beuncoch and others including Marpet at C last year. Add flexibility and you can only have 7 on the roster on Sundays so everyone better have a clue what to do in numerous positions!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.