Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• aquilus

Participant

I know…the video shows him owning D-3 guys. However the thing is he was doing some of the same things to guys at the Senior Bowl who might just be day 1-2 picks. I feel this guy is going to be special. Look for his name I think Tampa may use a second round pick on him, which some may think is a reach, but I dont think it will be

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs should run up their card if he is there in the 2nd round. Great depth piece and future starter potential.

Build the trenches!

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs need front 7 help before they worry about using a first or second on a iol

• Boid Fink

Participant

Disagree. Both are of equal import. And more so, if the interior linemen get banged up, Brady is in a world of trouble. No Brady? No titles.

Bucs need front 7 help before they worry about using a first or second on a iol

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Facts Boid. The QB & OL is the backbone of the team. Teams that have injuries at OL and shitty backups fall apart almost instantly.

• Pennywise

Participant

Lost Cappa last year ,still won the super bowl, Bucs staff is much higher on their OL , than the fans .

Hell the fans had cappa , Jensen and Smith run out of town 2 years ago

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I remember when Licht first came on board, he noticed a Division III interior o-lineman owning P-5 guys at the Senior Bowl. Licht liked the guy so much, he traded back into the bottom of the second round to get him. That guy’s name was….. Ali Marpet.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Licht botched it with Cappa.

Cappa had to basically red-shirt in his rookie season in the NFL. Was mediocre in his sophomore year. Was average in his third season. This is great if you were developing a 5th round pick, but Licht thought Cappa would be the starting RG in 2018. Epic failure.

Backup Stinnie took three years to develop as an UDFA between the Titans and Bucs. We lucked out because FA Haeg was supposed to be that better backup.

• Boid Fink

Participant

And drafted Wirfs. They know cap issues are coming. Getting Brady protected is job 1.

Lost Cappa last year ,still won the super bowl, Bucs staff is much higher on their OL , than the fans .

• Pennywise

Participant

When Bucs need to worry about replacing starters on the OL , Brady will be retired

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

3rd round, im on board.

2nd? Nah. Need someone that’ll at least play in 2021 barring injury.

Idl/edge/rb/secondary all picks that’d see the field regardless.

Him or trey Smith round 3 im down.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Injuries and the future are your biggest obstacles with your objection.

When Bucs need to worry about replacing starters on the OL , Brady will be retired

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Losing one starter is manageable. Can’t count on being that lucky again.

• Pennywise

Participant

No different than losing JPP or Shaq or Lavonte Vea Suh etc , they need front 7 , this defense is long in the tooth in the front 7

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

The team has two drafts (or more in case with LVD) to address both the OL and front 7.

2021 first round: I want an edge. The iDL group isn’t as good and is only being pushed up b/c DLine player. I wouldn’t mind if we drafted an iOL in the first, though.

2021 second round: iOL or OT/OG

2022 first round: DL

2022 second round: DL/OT

2023 first round: iLB

• aquilus

Participant

We can go DL in the first round. We could probably even trade back a few slots and still get a quality DL and still take Meinerz in the second

And you guys forget Cappa is probably gone when he hits FA…hes gonna look to get paid serious money…money we won’t have

We have to have a quality replacement on staff to back him up

Also in the second round we will be again picking LAST so it will almost be like a third round pick ANYWAY

• aquilus

Participant

I think as well Jason is in serious love with the only player who gave Meinerz ANY trouble at the Senior Bowl

Cam Sample
      Look for him to be a possible trade up in the third to get Sample would be a force on the end or next to Vita inside…he can do both

• Bucman

Participant

Meinerz makes too much sense for the Bucs. Hes the perfect mold for the OL guys Licht drafts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

So is Creed Humphrey.

Go get Creed. And draft Meinerz. Super quality backups for both Cappa and Jensen, and both are cheaper when that day comes, and the Bucs need to reload.

This protects Brady for the immediate future, and the Bucs for the next regime. Having solid lineman is never a problem, and often lends to better team records while they reload.

• aquilus

Participant

Unless we trade down Meinerz will not last till the end of the 3rd round…he may even be a late surprise pick in the first/early second

If we are talking taking a OL in the first most likely at 32 we will have the option of Leatherwood and Liam Eichenberg who grade out better than Creed

• Pennywise

Participant

Who is pass rushing for next regime? Or replacing David ? Or playing QB , some of you are short sighted

• aquilus

Participant

In one of my mocks I have the Bucs taking Rousseau first and Cam Sample 3rd

QB is not a major thing IMO as I feel the bucs inability to develop QBs will make them in the market for a top tier FA QB whenever Brady decides he is done.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

We have two draft years to worry about QB and LB. I would prefer to grab an edge this season, but if BPA isn’t an edge, but iOL, then so be it.

Casserly mentioned that Safety could be BPA as well. Remember, the biggest difference between 2019 and 2020 secondary was rookie S AWJ. It would be nice to have another young talent back there just in case. Not saying I would do it, but I understand how Casserly got there.

Anyhow, talking about short-sightedness… LoL Meinerz is about the long game as to who will replace either Jensen or Cappa next season. Meinerz should be a part of the conversation. Just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean it’s not a viable proposition. I disagree with Casserly’s choice of a safety at 32, but I do understand it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Who’s going to block for the new quarterback? Who is going to block for running backs to make the new QBs job easier? Bucs are going to draft defense, don’t sweat it. It is t shortsighted when you are coming spidering either of the lines and what they mean to a teams success.

Who is pass rushing for next regime? Or replacing David ? Or playing QB , some of you are short sighted

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Meinerz is Marpet 2.0.

You don’t pass that up. Plus does anyone believe the Bucs are going to resign Cappa and Jensen when they have to resign Godwin and C. Davis?

Build the trenches!

• obuc

Participant

Is’nt he sub 300? i know they like these 320 pounders that can carry the weight.

• Detrimental

Participant

I’m with drafting quality OL prospects. You saw what happened when Ali Marpet went down. It was an absolute train wreck for our offense. Stinnie filled in admirably but having someone who can play both interior spots is worth the investment.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Creed.

I’m with drafting quality OL prospects. You saw what happened when Ali Marpet went down. It was an absolute train wreck for our offense. Stinnie filled in admirably but having someone who can play both interior spots is worth the investment.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Meinerz is 6-3 and 320 lbs.

The NFL list him as the second highest rated center behind Dickerson (knees)

Humphrey 3rd

He might have a little initial learning period

But he would be a great addition.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.