Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Machiavelli

Participant

The 2016 season is barely under way and it’s already ugly. Let the venting begin with some random thoughts.1. PR, and the Winston supporters can step up right here and eat their crow. Sorry, but there's no way to spin what we saw today. PR went all in on Winston and rammed him down our throats all offseason, so now they can own this. Mariota clearly looked like the better QB and was definitely better prepared. Not saying Winston won't be good in time, but PR and some others around here went out of their way to bash people that mentioned Mariota as a possibility for the No. 1 overall pick. Even got called racist by a few people. That comment is about as smart as the decisions this franchise has been making over the past 6 years or so. 2. Winston was an interception machine in college, so why is anyone surprised he was picked off twice and could have been intercepted about 5 different times today? PR and other media people even told us we should expect over 20 interceptions from him. Not sure why you would take a player with the No. 1 overall pick that you "expect" to throw 20-plus INT's, but I'm sure the Owners and front office know what they are doing (sigh).3. The Titans, who were the second worst team in the NFL last year, demolished the Bucs at home 41-14. The game was literally over at the 6-minute mark in the first quarter. Anyone who bought season tickets this year should be calling the ticket office to get a refund. 4. Getting blasted 41-14 by the second worst team in the NFL (and at home) is inexcusable when you consider the Bucs had an entire offseason to prepare for this game. Granted, the Titans did, too. That said, hmm, which coaching staff did a better job of preparing their team to win Sunday? 5. I would have liked to have seen what Doug Martin could have done vs. the Titans today had the Bucs not been out of the game in the first quarter. The Bucs were forced to start throwing so early that Martin became an after thought. 6. Mariota looked poised and threw 4 TD's in the first half alone (set a rookie NFL record). Just like he did at Oregon. Winston fell behind early and threw a lot of bad balls, just like he did at Florida St. last year. The one thing that was sorely missing from Winston's game that he had in college was the ability to bring his team back from a large deficit in the second half. The offense actually played worse in the third quarter than they did in the first two, which was pretty hard to do. 7. I would say the "Fire Lovie" watch is officially on. He is now 2-15 and the Bucs have lost 10 straight at home. But it doesn't seem to matter who the QB is or who the head coach or GM is. The common theme in our mediocre football play since 2009 has been the Glazers. Here's to hoping they sell the team soon, if they can even get anything for it right now. 8. Looking forward to getting Mike Evans back on offense, but he doesn't play defense. Mariota was impressive, but definitely was aided by a piss poor performance by Lovie Smith's defense. Said it before and will keep saying it; we did nothing to address our lack of pass rush. If Mariota was able to do this to our defense, just imagine what Drew Brees will do with all the time in the world to throw.9. Speaking of Lovie, how many wins does he need to survive this season? Right now I don't see more than 2 wins from this team. And if that's the case there is no doubt he should be fired along with Jason Licht. But would it really matter? Again, at some point you have to start looking at Ownership.10. Will be interesting to see/read how PR and other Winston supporters try to spin this. Good luck on that one! Let me guess; Mariota had the better game, but Winston will be better in the long run, or some garbage like that. I thought both QB's actually had a good shot of being good pros, but absolutely got my head bitten off by a lot of people around here for suggesting the Bucs should take Mariota over Winston. I read analysis from PR stating that Mariota was too quiet and wasn't a good leader, and how he would struggle at the next level because of his skill set and because he had never taken a snap from under center. Well, today, Mariota took the head off the Bucs, and made his critics in Tampa look pretty damn stupid in the process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOLOLOLOLOLOL…I love this team, but can be embarrassed by this fan base at times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was not big on drafting a QB, but I would like to see how things progress the rest of the season before we starting saying Winston was the wrong pick and the HC should be fired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In defense of the Bucs:There is NO TAPE of a D.LeBeau defense in Tennessee.There is NO TAPE of the offense that Tennessee ran today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mach,Please step away from your keyboard...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In defense of the Bucs:There is NO TAPE of a D.LeBeau defense in Tennessee.There is NO TAPE of the offense that Tennessee ran today.

Well we have tons of tape on the Saints. So we will see next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ill say this. This was unfreaking excusable.  Period. We did absolutely nothing to get in rhythm and nothing to get mariota out of rhythm.  The refs continue to call plays against our team that ive literally never seen in pro sports anywhere. The sack in the end zone.  The respot of the ball and of course the opening hit that gave them 15 yds. We seriously sucked dont get me wrong but momentum is a huge part of football and its obvious that the league continues to make ridiculous calls against us. All that being said our defense played against our offense all offseason. We are terrible and practice against terrible.  Its no wonder we go against better teams and continue to look shocked that we get killed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well we have tons of tape on the Saints. So we will see next week.

Yeah, we were just showing the rest of the NFL what not to do vs. Tennessee. Now comes a team that we know like the back of our hands. How much does our defense improve? The big thing is, do we have a gameplan? It sure didnt look like it today. I am no DC but I can assure you that I could have called a better game than Lovie did. The incompetence word is on the tip of my tongue right now. The old T2 defense under Dungy would have eaten Mariota's lunch. Barber would have had a field day jumping the underneath routes which is basically the only thing they ran all day. That was pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We cant stop a slant or any freaking pass over the middle. This team just stinks across the board. Sooo the dline felt luke they were disregarded. Who the hell on this team has any heart……mccoy is a one play joke. Our ends look awful. Oyr linebackers tackle poorly and coverage is awful

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie told us since OTA’s that the Bucs were preparing for the Titans. He told us the same in preseason. And, after all those months of prep, we get this? Are you kidding me? What will it look like when there are just a few days to prepare? Looks bad to me.

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

The 2016 season is barely under way and it's already ugly. Let the venting begin with some random thoughts.1. PR, and the Winston supporters can step up right here and eat their crow. Sorry, but there's no way to spin what we saw today. PR went all in on Winston and rammed him down our throats all offseason, so now they can own this. Mariota clearly looked like the better QB and was definitely better prepared. Not saying Winston won't be good in time, but PR and some others around here went out of their way to bash people that mentioned Mariota as a possibility for the No. 1 overall pick. Even got called racist by a few people. That comment is about as smart as the decisions this franchise has been making over the past 6 years or so. 2. Winston was an interception machine in college, so why is anyone surprised he was picked off twice and could have been intercepted about 5 different times today? PR and other media people even told us we should expect over 20 interceptions from him. Not sure why you would take a player with the No. 1 overall pick that you "expect" to throw 20-plus INT's, but I'm sure the Owners and front office know what they are doing (sigh).3. The Titans, who were the second worst team in the NFL last year, demolished the Bucs at home 41-14. The game was literally over at the 6-minute mark in the first quarter. Anyone who bought season tickets this year should be calling the ticket office to get a refund. 4. Getting blasted 41-14 by the second worst team in the NFL (and at home) is inexcusable when you consider the Bucs had an entire offseason to prepare for this game. Granted, the Titans did, too. That said, hmm, which coaching staff did a better job of preparing their team to win Sunday? 5. I would have liked to have seen what Doug Martin could have done vs. the Titans today had the Bucs not been out of the game in the first quarter. The Bucs were forced to start throwing so early that Martin became an after thought. 6. Mariota looked poised and threw 4 TD's in the first half alone (set a rookie NFL record). Just like he did at Oregon. Winston fell behind early and threw a lot of bad balls, just like he did at Florida St. last year. The one thing that was sorely missing from Winston's game that he had in college was the ability to bring his team back from a large deficit in the second half. The offense actually played worse in the third quarter than they did in the first two, which was pretty hard to do. 7. I would say the "Fire Lovie" watch is officially on. He is now 2-15 and the Bucs have lost 10 straight at home. But it doesn't seem to matter who the QB is or who the head coach or GM is. The common theme in our mediocre football play since 2009 has been the Glazers. Here's to hoping they sell the team soon, if they can even get anything for it right now. 8. Looking forward to getting Mike Evans back on offense, but he doesn't play defense. Mariota was impressive, but definitely was aided by a piss poor performance by Lovie Smith's defense. Said it before and will keep saying it; we did nothing to address our lack of pass rush. If Mariota was able to do this to our defense, just imagine what Drew Brees will do with all the time in the world to throw.9. Speaking of Lovie, how many wins does he need to survive this season? Right now I don't see more than 2 wins from this team. And if that's the case there is no doubt he should be fired along with Jason Licht. But would it really matter? Again, at some point you have to start looking at Ownership.10. Will be interesting to see/read how PR and other Winston supporters try to spin this. Good luck on that one! Let me guess; Mariota had the better game, but Winston will be better in the long run, or some garbage like that. I thought both QB's actually had a good shot of being good pros, but absolutely got my head bitten off by a lot of people around here for suggesting the Bucs should take Mariota over Winston. I read analysis from PR stating that Mariota was too quiet and wasn't a good leader, and how he would struggle at the next level because of his skill set and because he had never taken a snap from under center. Well, today, Mariota took the head off the Bucs, and made his critics in Tampa look pretty damn stupid in the process.

This is exactly the reason I did not re up my season tickets. You can't pay me enough to sit in the blazing hot stadium and watch this mess. Even when I was offered an upgraded box at the same price, no way. Well said, Machiavelli

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of good points by the OP, requesting ownership change being the best.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I'm requesting to win the lottery while we're  wasting our breath on never going to happen things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm requesting to win the lottery while we're  wasting our breath on never going to happen things.

Unlikely to happen, true, but very worth mentioning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a tired excuse already...and it's 8 a.m. on MondayWhat will the excuse be next week?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

This is a tired excuse already...and it's 8 a.m. on MondayWhat will the excuse be next week?

That's up to you since you're the next man up for the job!

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

I was not big on drafting a QB, but I would like to see how things progress the rest of the season before we starting saying Winston was the wrong pick and the HC should be fired.

Start Glennon and trade Winston.  Oh, and fire L & L.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Errr, there’s also NO TAPE on the Bucs’ offense with Winston & Koetter running the show.  And NO TAPE on Lovie playing DC, although he may have run things on D more last season than we know about...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Errr, there's also NO TAPE on the Bucs' offense with Winston & Koetter running the show.  And NO TAPE on Lovie playing DC, although he may have run things on D more last season than we know about...

Exactly what I was thinking.  They didn't have any tape on our new offense, and it's not like they have a shutdown defense. They just outplayed and outcoached the Bucs.Although I guess there is plenty of tape on Lovie's antiquated defensive schemes.The problem is how many years are we going to sit here and read about how we were outcoached and outplayed?  It's getting really really old now.  The Bucs have to get lucky on the next head coach hire in the offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Move them to LA. We will have a new ownership and team at some point. Tampa pro football wouldn’t die if this team left. Consider it a blessing and curse to the city of LA. However they wouldn’t want them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How things change from week to week…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Today was better. Winston was much better. We did a lot to try to give the game away though.  Let’s see how we do vs a bad Houston team next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Today was better. Winston was much better. We did a lot to try to give the game away though.  Let's see how we do vs a bad Houston team next week.

I just want to know how we did spinning the game last week following your meltdown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

good thread OPway to look like a jackass. this football thing is too tough for you. you might want to step away from the keyboard and find something else to do on sundays

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.