Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

Per AP reports the OAK HC has been fired n

• Anonymous

Inactive

I listened to part of this game on the radio today.  The Raiders were pathetic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I know he is a rookie playing on a bad team but Carr is not good. 

• Marcia

Participant

Carr is one where it was clear from the get that he’s never going to amount to anything in the pros.  He’s going to be horrible.

• Anonymous

Inactive

hahaha damn, didn’t even let the guy get back to the USA. does he still get to fly back on the team plane?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The real fun is that our former OC Greg Olsen is now the interim HC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

hahaha damn, didn't even let the guy get back to the USA. does he still get to fly back on the team plane?

geez....they could've waited til back on US soil

• Anonymous

Inactive

hahaha damn, didn't even let the guy get back to the USA. does he still get to fly back on the team plane?

Good Point.  OUCH...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good Point.  OUCH...

its gotta suck to be stuck on a 14ish hour plane ride with the guy that just fired you

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven’t seen this reported anywhere yet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Terry Collins from the AP@APtcollins: My sources tell me that @RAIDERS head coach Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday

• Anonymous

Inactive

typical ownership blaming the coach for all the problemsthey need to look at themselves when they want to point fingers. they keep changing coaches and the lack of stability is causing them to be terrible. they also keep making bad coaching hires and then pulling the trigger to fire a guy much to early.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well and what goes with this is who the heck wants to coach for the Raiders?  You have to be pretty desperate to actually take that job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After his team dropped to 0-4 with a blowout loss to the Dolphins in London, Raiders coach Dennis Allen said he’s going to stay the course. Even amid talk that today’s game could be his last.Allen said after the game that he’s not worried about losing his job and expects to remain the head coach.But Allen may simply be in the dark about the plans of Raiders owner Mark Davis. In fact, Terry Collins of the Associated Press tweeted on Sunday night that Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday. There was no elaboration on that report, and it raises some questions — including why the Raiders would wait until Tuesday to make the announcement if the firing has already happened.Several Raiders players were asked after the game whether they think Allen’s job is safe, and most of them said they didn’t know. Right now, no one knows, except for maybe Mark Davis. And he isn’t saying anything publicly. At least not yet.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/28/amid-report-of-his-firing-dennis-allen-says-hes-not-worried/

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s kinda knee-jerk. They should have fired him in the offseason if they did this so early.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Raiders need Greg Schiano. I am not kidding.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The tweet reporting this has since been deleted. FWIW.

• Anonymous

Inactive

not sure if you're serious  but i think this would be scary if Schiano lands there…he would have that D playing at a high level and I'm sure he would do some things different

• wesleyc

Regardless of whether he’s actually been fired or not, I don’t really think coaching is the issue with that team. There is zero talent anywhere on the Raiders.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s to gain at firing a head coach during the season?

• Anonymous

Inactive

not sure if you're serious  but i think this would be scary if Schiano lands there…he would have that D playing at a high level and I'm sure he would do some things different

Greg "the cleaner" SchianoSpends the next 20 years doing two year stints with bottom dweller teams cleaning house and weeding out all the problems, only to be fired after two years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Terry Collins from the AP@APtcollins: My sources tell me that @RAIDERS head coach Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday

@APtcollins: Please disregard my recent tweet about the Raiders. These rumors haven't been confirmed by the AP. I'm sorry.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's to gain at firing a head coach during the season?

Another excuse the franchise will use as to why they suck.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, I can almost see it now.... Schiano implements a strategy that involves going after the opposing QB during victory formation kneel-downs and stresses the importance of what it takes to be a Raider Man. Hey, what temperature is that thermostat set at? Our team will be doing walk-throughs indoors today. Toes-on-the-line, men!

• Anonymous

Inactive

typical ownership blaming the coach for all the problemsthey need to look at themselves when they want to point fingers. they keep changing coaches and the lack of stability is causing them to be terrible. they also keep making bad coaching hires and then pulling the trigger to fire a guy much to early.

sound familiar?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay Glazer ?@JayGlazer  2m2 minutes agoBreaking: Raiders have just informed Dennis Allen he is fired.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For real this time

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a mess….

• Anonymous

Inactive

No team who has ever fired their coach mid-season has made the playoffs. This is a dumb, desperate move.There's an old saying in management: never fire someone while you're angry. It's great advice.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No team who has ever fired their coach mid-season has made the playoffs. This is a dumb, desperate move.There's an old saying in management: never fire someone while you're angry. It's great advice.

I don't think they're worried about making the playoffs at this point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think they're worried about making the playoffs at this point.

LOL

• mdclarie

Participant

Are you talking about Oakland or the Bucs?

• Marcia

Participant

Carr the coach killer.  One down, at least two more to go.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really liked Carr coming out. Thought he’d be a great fit with Tedford here. Oakland ruins everyone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Marcia

Participant

What are the chances Gruden goes back to Oakland?  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403292/article/jon-gruden-could-get-first-look-in-raiders-search

Don't think he wants to coach again.  Would be a big mistake for the Raiders.  You thought he hated coaching in Tampa in 2008?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not but carry on with your idiotic opinion.

• gthrun

Participant

Maybe they give Sparano a look?

• gthrun

Participant

In other news the Bills have dumped EJ Manuel for Kyle Orton and the Patriots got absolutely embarrassed last night. At least we aren’t the most depressing team in the league this week!

• Marcia

Participant

He's not but carry on with your idiotic opinion.

Most analysts have surmised already that Carr was the sole reason for the firing.  Putting him in too early and ruining his confidence has cost Allen his job. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they give Sparano a look?

Thats even worse. They guy goes crazy for field goals. He loves them.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.